Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 07:18 PM

86 posts, read 147,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
I'm not against same-sex marriage, and I'm not homophobic at all, but why is this thing everywhere I look now? Can't they just take care of business like normal marriages should on their own time and place?
Your post is exactly why it is everywhere because you clearly have no idea that same-sex couples can't "just take care of business like normal marriages" because in the majority of US states same-sex marriage is banned so couples don't have "their own time and place". Lack of awareness of that is exactly why it's so important for the issue to be "everywhere you look".

Old 02-02-2014, 07:34 PM

99,501 posts, read 4,489,231 times
Quote:
I'm not against same-sex marriage, and I'm not homophobic at all, but why is this thing everywhere I look now? Can't they just take care of business like normal marriages should on their own time and place?
It's illegal in so many places now, but thankfully we're moving as a society to the place where same-sex marriage will be the same as a "normal marriage" everywhere in this country. That's why you are hearing so much about it. In a few years, we'll wonder why it was ever an issue.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:10 PM

232 posts, read 360,481 times
I have no idea why homosexuals keep moving into conservative states, of course they will say that they are protecting their rights but why not be smart and move to a liberal state that accepts you all?, this is a simple resolution if you are a homosexual go to a state that supports it if you are not pro-gay move to a conservative state, if you do not want to move then too bad you are screwed.

I would also like to state that everyone who keeps stating "every man is created equal" <= this is referring to race, this was said when the majority of the people in this country were racist against another race <= not sexual orientation, and please stop the oh but we are protecting our rights like slaves, women, etc. these people would actually get killed, and they would suffer through hell, last time I checked there is no prison in the USA that contains homosexuals who have been arrested because of their sexual orientation, the USA is not killing homosexuals and beating them to death because of their sexual orientation!

Again this is simple if you want to be married (legally) go to a liberal state, if you live in a conservative state than move, if you are against homosexuals move to a conservative state, if you are straight but support same sex marriage move to a liberal state, if you do not want to move then too bad you are screwed!

This is as simple as it gets.

Before you know it people in the USA will be able to get married with 50 other people and it will be completely legal but than again this is Liberal America

Old 02-02-2014, 08:14 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Can't they just take care of business like normal marriages should on their own time and place?
I think that's just what they're trying to do.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:19 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,088 times
I would love to hear details about how same sex marriage is being "shoved down your throat". What is happening, exactly? How are you being affected on a regularly basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
I have no idea why homosexuals keep moving into conservative states, of course they will say that they are protecting their rights but why not be smart and move to a liberal state that accepts you all?, this is a simple resolution if you are a homosexual go to a state that supports it if you are not pro-gay move to a conservative state, if you do not want to move then too bad you are screwed.

I would also like to state that everyone who keeps stating "every man is created equal" <= this is referring to race, this was said when the majority of the people in this country were racist against another race <= not sexual orientation, and please stop the oh but we are protecting our rights like slaves, women, etc. these people would actually get killed, and they would suffer through hell, last time I checked there is no prison in the USA that contains homosexuals who have been arrested because of their sexual orientation, the USA is not killing homosexuals and beating them to death because of their sexual orientation!

Again this is simple if you want to be married (legally) go to a liberal state, if you live in a conservative state than move, if you are against homosexuals move to a conservative state, if you are straight but support same sex marriage move to a liberal state, if you do not want to move then too bad you are screwed!

Before you know it people in the USA will be able to get married with 50 other people and it will be completely legal but than again this is Liberal America
Why should Americans have to be segregated in specific states? And are you really unaware that people are beaten, harassed, and even killed in the U.S. because of their sexual orientation?
If you think the U.S. is liberal, you haven't traveled much.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i am sorry but you realize you have made a pun?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:33 PM

373 posts, read 589,313 times
[quote=[I]Texan1010;33300695]I have no idea why homosexuals keep moving into conservative states, of course they will say that they are protecting their rights but why not be smart and move to a liberal state that accepts you all?, this is a simple resolution if you are a homosexual go to a state that supports it if you are not pro-gay move to a conservative state, if you do not want to move then too bad you are screwed[/i].

They gentrify neighborhoods and form good buffer zones betweem slummy areas and better neighborhoods. Been the case in every city I've lived, including in TX and other conservative states.

The hobos that I've talked to say the marriage thing is all about money. Survivor benefits? Not sure what they mean by that. And not all of them are liberals.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:34 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:

Well, no. It isn't. Life just isn't that tiny. People make their choices on where they want to live based on a combination of priorities. You live where you live for a variety of reasons, and then you fight for your rights wherever you happen to live. That's the American way. Perhaps you'd be happier if you moved to a country where that's not allowed....

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 02-02-2014 at 09:00 PM..

Old 02-02-2014, 09:11 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Your idea sounds hunky dory except for the fact that same sex marriage is not legal in most states. Don't like same sex marriage? Don't have one! Why shouldn't everyone be entitled to happiness? What makes your ideas so much better than others?

Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:

Did it ever occur to you that homosexuals were born in conservative states? You think homosexual DNA is only in the liberal states? Yeah, because that's how DNA works....

What if the blacks were all told to move to liberal states so they could ride the bus, attend school, use a public toilet? Sounds RIDICULOUS doesn't it?

What if all women were told to move to the liberal states so we could vote, work, etc? Those conservative states will only have men....hmmmm.... Wonder if there would be a whole group of homosexuals since there wouldn't be any women!

You are CLEARLY MISTAKEN if you think there have not been homosexuals who were MURDERED for being gay!! Check the news once a year. There have been numerous murders for decades that have made national headlines. And to think all those poor, innocent murder victims had to do was move so the hated could continue.

See how backwards, idiotic this is? Please join the rest of the world (well except Russia) and come into 2014. This isn't 1814.

And not ALL conservatives are against same sex marriage so please do NOT speak for me!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies