Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Or if a child was not born in a hospital,.....
but we know from the LFBC that he was born in a hospital ( 4th president to do so after carter, clinton and gw bush. a little presidential trivia for the day. )

Old 02-07-2014, 11:11 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Think what could be accomplished if birthers turned their dogged attention to worthwhile causes.
Dogged attention with no intelligence behind it is worthless and ineffectual no matter where it is focused. As birthers have proven definitively for five years and counting now.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:12 AM

878 posts, read 738,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
No one would have even blinked about race in Hawaii.
Oh yes it would have back in 1961. According to the Boston Globe, who got the INS files finding out about Stanley Ann wanting to give Barack to the Salvation Army, they stated this:

"Even in Hawaii, the only state at the time with a nonwhite majority, blacks accounted for less than 1 percent of the population, and a black face drew curious stares on the streets of Honolulu."

In his memoir, “Dreams from My Father,’’ President Obama mused that his mother might have considered putting her child up for adoption given the cultural hostility to mixed race marriages that existed at the time. Even in sophisticated urban centers, he wrote, “. . . the hostile stares, the whispers, might have driven a woman in my mother’s predicament into a back-alley abortion - or at the very least to a distant convent that could arrange for adoption.’’

Old 02-07-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
but we know from the LFBC that he was born in a hospital ( 4th president to do so after carter, clinton and gw bush. a little presidential trivia for the day. )
And we know the LFBC has been confirmed a forgery by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and Reed Hayes, a Hawai'i court recognized professional forensic handwriting and computer-generated document examiner well trained in attestations.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:16 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,126,838 times
Quote:
Or if a child was not born in a hospital, all one would have to do is sign a sworn written affidavit declaring the birth was at home or abroad and once entered into the system would create vital record. One thing you are forgetting, the newspaper birth announcements do not state specifically where the baby was born. They just state that a birth event took place.
The hospital is named on the BC; the hospital reported the live birth NOT his Mother and NOT his Grandparents.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
....who got the INS files finding out about Stanley Ann wanting to give Barack to the Salvation Army,...
lets work on our reading comprehension skills.

first up it is not the INS files. it's a quote from his book.

second it's a hypothetical. obama states generally "a woman in my mother’s predicament", not his mother, then states that woman "might", not "did".

Old 02-07-2014, 11:22 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,126,838 times
Quote:
Oh yes it would have back in 1961. According to the Boston Globe, who got the INS files finding out about Stanley Ann wanting to give Barack to the Salvation Army, they stated this:

"Even in Hawaii, the only state at the time with a nonwhite majority, blacks accounted for less than 1 percent of the population, and a black face drew curious stares on the streets of Honolulu."

In his memoir, “Dreams from My Father,’’ President Obama mused that his mother might have considered putting her child up for adoption given the cultural hostility to mixed race marriages that existed at the time. Even in sophisticated urban centers, he wrote, “. . . the hostile stares, the whispers, might have driven a woman in my mother’s predicament into a back-alley abortion - or at the very least to a distant convent that could arrange for adoption.’’
Yes, because you know Hawaii and our culture so intimately. There were (and are) few Black (or AA if you prefer) individuals; but my parents (born in the 1940s) had grown up with Black friends. The friends (whom I know as Uncle and Auntie) married White people (around 1959/1960) and had children in Hawaii.

Somehow, they managed to have families without the deep shame that YOU are claiming that must have happened.

It was not a big deal; not then and not now.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
The hospital is named on the BC; the hospital reported the live birth NOT his Mother and NOT his Grandparents.
You can't believe what is on the BC. It has been confirmed a forgery by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and by Reed Hayes, a Hawai'i court recognized professional forensic handwriting and computer-generated document examiner well trained in attestations. You live in Hawaii, pull out your phone book and look him up in Honolulu.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
And we know the LFBC has been confirmed a forgery by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office....
clowns say a lot of funny things. the maricopa county DA disagreed with that assessment of a "confirmed forgery".

Quote:
....Reed Hayes,.....
once again, we have no idea what hayes said. zullo won't release the report.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:

It was not a big deal; not then and not now.
And this again from Obama:

“. . . the hostile stares, the whispers, might have driven a woman in my mother’s predicament into a back-alley abortion - or at the very least to a distant convent that could arrange for adoption.’’

Apparently is was a big deal back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies