Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:36 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Oh this is going to be a good one. Hannity can sit back and watch these two choak each other to death, In the end, I believe the Clinton team will win big, they are the best at digging up skeletons even if they have to dig up some from their own back yard to use..................

Is aint going to be pretty real soon. Hateful negatives was created by the people and now we are all going to see what they are really made of.

HC machine, do you mean Colmes, the goofy dumber one on the right who never lets anyone finish a sentence?
HC I meant Hillary Clinton. But you are right Hannity is going to love watching Hillary dig up all true and most not true skeletons and Colmes is going to try so hard to defend her. Must watch TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
And to think that Keith Oberdork defending Huckabee today... Did he bump his head or is this just another tree hugger trying to convince rep voters who to vote for, they were all pushing Paul as out best candidate and now they seem to be hugging Huckabee.

We dont need tree huggers help on who to pick, your side has enough problems at it is.

Yes, HC is a must watch, I wont miss it because my buddy Shawn hates poor little ole Hillary.

The dirt ball games have only just begun.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:03 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Do you think that party line voting is exclusive to the republicans? I agree that it's a huge problem, but both parties do it.
Both parties do it, and on balance, it is a good thing that they can. But the Republicans are grossly misusing the tool, and they know it. Per an earlier post, nothing like this has been seen in the history of the republic...

Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
Bull...

Shutting down congress is not a misuse of the tool, Dirty Harry looked like a total fool because NOTHING came of it.

They are not misuing it, they are just doing what I voted them to do and stop the tree huggers insane ideas from becoming reality.

You soon forget that these dems did much more then misuse power, only problem is they didnt have what it took to stop anything then. Only now they are whining, we are the majority and its not fair.....

Poor little whiny butts are NOT going to get their way and they cannot stand it.

Ohh well, they wont be in power long, there failures are already known and they have only had control for a short time.

No biggee, I knew they had it in them to screw up a good thing.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bill Clinton, someone whom the Democrats toute as "The best president ever"..
Can you name someone who has made this claim?

Quote:
...worked very effectively under a Republican controlled Congress.
Apparently, the memory of two government-wide shutdowns has faded from your mind.

Quote:
The Republican Congress at the time, knew that Clinton had to sign off on bills, and didnt outright create bills that they knew would be veto'd, just for the sake of creating pro-republican press stories, which is what the Democrats in Congress are doing now.
Clinton vetoed 37 bills during his two terms, all of them after the Republicans gained control in 1995. Bush has vetoed 8 bills in his two terms, 7 of them since the Democrats gained control in 2007. Half of Bush's vetoes have been in regard to two matters: liberalizng federal funding of stem cells research, and expanding the funding for state children's health insurance coverage.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
No biggee, I knew they had it in them to screw up a good thing.
Right. The Whigs have a better shot at electing the next President than the Republicans do, and you think it's the Dems who have screwed up a good thing. America used to be a good thing. Who was it screwed that up in seven short years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies