Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:37 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
It is a question that baffles many. Hillary Clinton was the golden girl of the democrat party in the 2008 election. She had been first lady, she had proposed universal healthcare under her husbands term as president and she was a senator from New York. But with all her alleged experience that she had that would make her president, according to democrats and the media, they decided to throw her under the bus for a inexperienced candidate who had zero executive experience making good policy, balancing budgets or even running a business. What was the true reason Hillary was thrown under the bus for a junior senator with zero executive experience?
I think your second sentence partially answers your question, at least for me. I remember how disgusted I was that the whole press corps seemed to decide that Hillary was the next President a year or two before the election. A lot of people were like hold on - this is a Democracy not a Monarchy. The voters get to decide not some talking heads on TV.

So a lot of us were happy when someone arose that could challenge her in the election or at least make her a bit more humble. Plus Obama talked of real change.

Now I wish we had elected Hillary instead of Obama. He could have run instead in 2016 with more experience as a Senator or as, who knows Hillary's VP?

Missed opportunity? I think so. But we will never really know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 04:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
No. He is definitely monitoring my posts. He only participates in birther threads that I've seen since I registered and by him responding in a non-birther thread to my post questioning Obama's grades confirms it.
Check that paranoia. Maybe he just does a search for birther stuff.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She lost because Obama dominated the youth and black votes because he connected better with them given his age and of course ethnicity.

Playing the sax on saturday night live or shooting baskets on the court connect you with youth voters. Young voters looked at Hillary like she was going to offer them some penny candy and show them pictures of her cats.
OH, it was mean but made me laugh anyway.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times
'What Difference At This Point Does It Make?!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:57 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Who do you mean 'they'? Hillary and Palin never campaigned at the same time. Hillary started campaigning in January 2007. She bowed out in April 2008. Palin didn't come on the scene until August 29, 2008.
The dems would never have allowed both to campaign at the same time. It would have taken gender off the table.

They are whoever pushed an inexperienced unknown like obummer into the white house. Palin was a liability as long as the dems didn't have a woman on their ticket too because a certain percent of voters won't vote for a woman and, if my psych professor is to believed, many Americans would prefer a black man to any female.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:03 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I comprehended your question. What difference does it make?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
As Hillary would say what difference does it make now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All I can say is "what difference does it make?
She is stuck with that as her campaign slogan.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:39 PM

409 posts, read 258,883 times
Hillary is a lot like the great and powerful Oz. You're conditioned to expect this big impressive figure, but once you start to look a little closer you begin to realize there's just nothing there. I wouldn't be surprised if she loses again.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
It is a question that baffles many. Hillary Clinton was the golden girl of the democrat party in the 2008 election. She had been first lady, she had proposed universal healthcare under her husbands term as president and she was a senator from New York. But with all her alleged experience that she had that would make her president, according to democrats and the media, they decided to throw her under the bus for a inexperienced candidate who had zero executive experience making good policy, balancing budgets or even running a business. What was the true reason Hillary was thrown under the bus for a junior senator with zero executive experience?
you're confused.

Obama played nothing fair.

He engaged in every kind of election fraud or manipulation he could - that's why Hillary lost.

Obama's from Chicago... You seem to forget that nobody who wins in Chicago does so by a fair vote. The party and the politicians have honed manipulation, fraud, and theft to a high art.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:45 PM

878 posts, read 737,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
you're confused.

He engaged in every kind of election fraud or manipulation he could - that's why Hillary lost.

Obama's from Chicago... You seem to forget that nobody who wins in Chicago does so by a fair vote. The party and the politicians have honed manipulation, fraud, and theft to a high art.
Do you think Obama and the democrats used his skin color to shield him from political attacks?

Old 02-14-2014, 05:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
you're confused.

That's really big news! I'm sure you've got lot's of links that describe the fraud and manipulation Obama used to win. I'M sure you'll be thrilled to have the opportunity to post them.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies