Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 09:58 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,212,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Christians who use their religion to discriminate are a reckless class of humans that do nothing but cause conflict. They exhibit no concern for others or the consequences of their actions and their hate. They are nothing but a black stain on humanity.
The quandary here is....homosexuality has been oppressed in civilization since as long as we can remember. Revisionists and their goons like to point to this being a phenomenon attributed to the advent of Christianity. Of course, that is totally illogical.

Religion is a construct to control but it's not like a few gay bashers got together and said "Hey, let's create this guy who walks around and turns water into wine and let's say his Dad HATES gays and they will all burn in hell for having butt sex with men".

And then everybody was just like "Hmm, seems legit"

Was that how you believe it went? Or, maybe homosexuality was an observed phenomenon that disgusted people and a very opportunistic council chomped at that bit? All government is emergent and religion is no different.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 AM

22,228 posts, read 19,535,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are not discussing holding hands, did I even suggest anyone should not hold a person's hands? I am saying gay parades are flaunting, not holding hands. As for my friends and family member that are gay, yes, everyone is very much aware parades are optional: my point is: the particular people I am referring to are actually embarrassed that some will take part in these activities. I might add, lifestyle, isn't necessarily the calling card; for someone so bound and determined to comment on this subject and fight for all gay and lesbian rights, I would think you would want to educate people to what being homosexual really is.
Go to New Orleans in two weeks.....

Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,727,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Adams View Post
I am going to create a youtube video because I feel like more people need to know the truth about the lies told. It's a dangerous and sad lifestyle. I don't think many people know the extent of the mental illness that is involved.
Another Ted Haggard in the making.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,701,145 times
Quote:
But you are not banning tobacco smokers from eql marriage or calling them deviants or evil, are you? Go ahead and try to disguise your bigotry with a smoke screen called love, for it is still hate, blatant hate.
No, but we don't allow smokers to smoke wherever they want. They cannot smoke in certain restaurants or in public places such as schools etc...

Now imagine if a group of smokers decided to become smokers rights activsts? They go around smoking everywhere, sueing restaurants that don't want it, telling people that smoking is normal and that it's innate and not changeable, say they are victims. Pass anti smoker phobia bills, get celebrities to support them and make it look cool etc... And if you say that you think smoking is wrong they attack you as a bigot. They want to be able to smoke in schools, because if you don't allow it you are discriminating. And to smoke around their kids because they think it'sccompletely normal and won't effect them.

That above scenario is pretty much the same thing gay activsts are doing. Only with the gay lifestyle.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:19 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,727,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What is a gay lifestyle?
Straight supremacist propaganda, of course. Calling it a "lifestyle" downplays the human qualities, which is the whole object of their moronic objections to people whose lives they are so fascinated in.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:25 AM

22,228 posts, read 19,535,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
No, but we don't allow smokers to smoke wherever they want. They cannot smoke in certain restaurants or in public places such as schools etc...

Now imagine if a group of smokers decided to become smokers rights activsts? They go around smoking everywhere, sueing restaurants that don't want it, telling people that smoking is normal and that it's innate and not changeable, say they are victims. Pass anti smoker phobia bills, get celebrities to support them and make it look cool etc... And if you say that you think smoking is wrong they attack you as a bigot. They want to be able to smoke in schools, because if you don't allow it you are discriminating. And to smoke around their kids because they think it'sccompletely normal and won't effect them.

That above scenario is pretty much the same thing gay activsts are doing. Only with the gay lifestyle.
Smoking is banned in those places because second hand smoke puts the health of those around them at risk. Gays getting married and having the ability to have the same rights as yo and I have doesn't the health of those around them at risk

Old 02-16-2014, 10:28 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,515,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post

How does my being gay or being married to my spouse harm you? It does not, yet tobacco smoke is harmful. Poor reasoning, no similarity at all. Keep showing these stupid arguements that are supposed to support being baised against gay people, they are only hurting the anti gays.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:47 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,701,145 times
Quote:
How does my being gay or being married to my spouse harm you? It does not, yet tobacco smoke is harmful. Poor reasoning, no similarity at all. Keep showing these stupid arguements that are supposed to support being baised against gay people, they are only hurting the anti gays.
It doesn't harm me personally, you are right. Just like heroine, crack, Polygamy etc... Doesn't harm me personally either because I don't do such things. That still doesn't mean we should legalize those things should we?

However what is potentially harmful to others is trying to make such behaviors normalized. The gay lifestyle does have several risks involved, they are the highest group at risk for HIV and all STDs in general. They are also more likely to have more sexual partners than straight people, often without protection, and in in the case of gay men, unprotected anal sex (the most High Risk sexual act there is). Which can also lead to bowl problems, internal bleeding, weakining of the sphincter (causes loss of control), and hemorrhoids.

On top of this they are often prone to depression and mental illnes . Gay people by and large often suffer from some mental disorder, the most common being suicidal depression, OCD, bi polar, gender non conformity etc...

So as you can see, it's not a very healthy lifestyle. And as such it should not be promoted as normal or encouraged. It also fails at doing the most important tasks of all in terms of nature and evolution, creating new life. One cannot believe in Evolution and believe in a gay gene, natural selection would have killed them off.

These are all facts and not debatable. You can only deny them.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:22 PM

4,421 posts, read 6,279,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Gan bans on marriage and other laws are going down one after another. This issue is dying faster then anti Marijuana laws. I am not gay, and do not even have friends who are gay but this war on homosexuals is nuts. Do you conservatives really think you can actually win this fight? Your trying to keep a snow ball from melting in the desert.
Conservatives wanted the gay marriage issue to be a to a state issue only. When they got their wish, every time a state passed gay marriage, all you saw were online comments from conservatives telling us how sick they were of hearing about gay marriage. Oh the irony! To think we're not even half way through all 50 states... They should just pass it at the federal level and not tell anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies