Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 AM

781 posts, read 737,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is what you get after nation wide campaign to sell drugs as harmless. Even CNN is not selling the idea that drugs like marijuana are completely harmless. Pot is obviously less harmful than heroin, but pot use introduces the youth to the world of drugs like heroin.
They are harmful, but it's not the government's job to save people from themselves. Government's only legitimate roll is to protect me from the initiation of physical force, not to initiate physical force against me in order to keep me from bad health decisions.

If they really want to keep me from harming myself they should completely ban cars and other similar vehicles; I'm sure way more people kill themselves with cars than drugs. And I hate to even mention that since I know there are some far left nut-jobs that do want to ban cars....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The suburbs are a white blight.

Go towards the white blight 'till you get to hell.
It really bothers people like you that I can choose to live the kind of life I wish doesn't it?

Old 02-22-2014, 11:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
They are harmful, but it's not the government's job to save people from themselves. Government's only legitimate roll is to protect me from the initiation of physical force, not to initiate physical force against me in order to keep me from bad health decisions.
It is their job to protect normal people from drug addicts who resort to crime to feed their habits. The Constitution calls for domestic tranquility, but legalizing drugs will give us nothing but crime and mayhem, which is the opposite of tranquility.

Quote:
If they really want to keep me from harming myself they should completely ban cars and other similar vehicles; I'm sure way more people kill themselves
with cars than drugs. And I hate to even mention that since I know there are some far left nut-jobs that do want to ban cars....
It is not about the addict, it is about the people who they victimize. Imagine drunk driving. It is not against the law to protect the drunk, it is against to law to protect those who could be hurt by the drunk.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
It really bothers people like you that I can choose to live the kind of life I wish doesn't it?
Who the hell are YOU?

For the benefit of Mr. Blight there will be a show tonight on trampoline.

The Henderson's will all be there . . .

Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
It is their job to protect normal people from drug addicts who resort to crime to feed their habits. The Constitution calls for domestic tranquility, but legalizing drugs will give us nothing but crime and mayhem, which is the opposite of tranquility.
I'll name my terms. The only proper society for humans to live in is one where the initiatory use of physical force is banned or outlawed--especially use of force by government. Physical force is for defense or retaliation/punishment only and only against those who initiated it in the first place. So you punish, etc those who commit violent crimes (ie those who initiate physical force in the first place), whatever their reason. (drugs, whatever.) People kill and harm far more people with cars, they cause just as much (if not more) harm and mayhem. People should be punished for buying, selling and possessing cars by your logic.

If it is true that "domestic tranquility" was meant by those who wrote the constitution to be a justification for government to initiate physical force against its own citizens, then the constitution is just out and out wrong on that point. Or, the more likely case, people such as yourself are deliberately misinterpreting that to justify initiatory physical force; which there is no possible justification for. The ends do not justify the means.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Who the hell are YOU?

For the benefit of Mr. Blight there will be a show tonight on trampoline.

The Henderson's will all be there . . .
Doesn't matter who I am or not. Whoever I may be, I can and will live the lifestyle I wish. And there's not a f***in' thing you can do to stop me. Just eats you up inside to know that doesn't it?

To quote the Rage Against the Machine song, "f*** you I won't do what you tell me..."

Old 02-22-2014, 12:02 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter who I am or not. Whoever I may be, I can and will live the lifestyle I wish. And there's not a f***in' thing you can do to stop me. Just eats you up inside to know that doesn't it?

To quote the Rage Against the Machine song, "f*** you I won't do what you tell me..."
You aren't the boss of me.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:

It is not about the addict, it is about the people who they victimize. Imagine drunk driving. It is not against the law to protect the drunk, it is against to law to protect those who could be hurt by the drunk.
If, for the sake of argument, a drunk hurts or kills someone--and let's call that initiatory physical force, then you punish the drunk for hurting and killing someone. You don't punish someone for simply possessing, buying or for normal use of alcohol or a vehicle: no physical force is involved in those actions.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You aren't the boss of me.
Exactly. The same goes for me....

Old 02-22-2014, 12:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
If it is true that "domestic tranquility" was meant by those who wrote the constitution to be a justification for government to initiate physical force against its own citizens, then the constitution is just out and out wrong on that point. Or, the more likely case, people such as yourself are deliberately misinterpreting that to justify initiatory physical force; which there is no possible justification for. The ends do not justify the means.
Here is a good explanation of what it means : "The concept of insuring domestic tranquility comes from the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution. It means that the Federal Government owes a duty to maintenance law and peace within the country with the help of the executive branch. It aims at avoiding chaos and rebellion against the public and helps preserve family life and its attendant rights."

Creating laws which invite crime and chaos goes against the constitution. Legalizing drugs invites crime and chaos, so the government has a duty to prevent it.

Even the Bible states the authority carries a sword for a reason. Protecting our citizens is one of the few duties our government has. Once that duty is removed, you will have noting but anarchy, crime and chaos, which will deprive people of their Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies