Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:29 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Awww. You MISSED me!
Careful you don't get drawn in again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 12:32 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Careful you don't get drawn in again.
Drawn into what?

You seem a lot more lucid in this thread, BTW.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Drawn into what?

You seem a lot more lucid in this thread, BTW.
Thank you, but my lucidity is constant.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
How are any of these ends accomplished? I say it is immoral for the government to attempt to accomplish any of these ends by the means of initiatory physical force. (And note the use of the word initiatory or initiation, it is a very important distinction when it comes to force.) There are no ends that can possibly exist that justify anyone to initiate physical force.
How? By law enforcement. If criminals have issues with physical force, then they should not resist arrest.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
They are harmful, but it's not the government's job to save people from themselves. Government's only legitimate roll is to protect me from the initiation of physical force, not to initiate physical force against me in order to keep me from bad health decisions.

If they really want to keep me from harming myself they should completely ban cars and other similar vehicles; I'm sure way more people kill themselves with cars than drugs. And I hate to even mention that since I know there are some far left nut-jobs that do want to ban cars....
Don't worry -- your government is actually why it's so very easy for the Mexican cartels to bring the most addictive substances into every middle school, every high school, every suburban neighborhood.

There is no war on drugs. There is an open border where tons of drugs are brought over every day. The cartels control vast and efficient networks throughout the USA where they quickly and easily get drugs from their border warehouses to every city and town and rural place throughout the whole USA. No real attempt is being made to stop this.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Don't worry -- your government is actually why it's so very easy for the Mexican cartels to bring the most addictive substances into every middle school, every high school, every suburban neighborhood.

There is no war on drugs. There is an open border where tons of drugs are brought over every day. The cartels control vast and efficient networks throughout the USA where they quickly and easily get drugs from their border warehouses to every city and town and rural place throughout the whole USA. No real attempt is being made to stop this.
No effort?

Number of pounds of cocaine seized: 135,943
· Number of pounds of heroin seized: 2,015
· Number of pounds of marijuana seized: 4,330,475
· Number of pounds of methamphetamine seized: 6,135

Old 02-22-2014, 03:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No effort?

Number of pounds of cocaine seized: 135,943
· Number of pounds of heroin seized: 2,015
· Number of pounds of marijuana seized: 4,330,475
· Number of pounds of methamphetamine seized: 6,135
That's a drop in the bucket --- addiction rates of all kinds of drugs are soaring. They're having no trouble getting all kinds of drugs into even middle schools -- every city and town throughout the USA. Drugs are very easily and efficiently moved from Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana, Nuevo Laredo warehouses to every single American city and town and rural area --- tons of drugs every day.

I haven't read of any addicts facing shortages.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's a drop in the bucket --- addiction rates of all kinds of drugs are soaring. They're having no trouble getting all kinds of drugs into even middle schools -- every city and town throughout the USA. Drugs are very easily and efficiently moved from Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana, Nuevo Laredo warehouses to every single American city and town and rural area --- tons of drugs every day.

I haven't read of any addicts facing shortages.
You said there is no effort being made to stop smuggling, and yet millions of pounds of drugs are being seized.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You said there is no effort being made to stop smuggling, and yet millions of pounds of drugs are being seized.
What's your beef against window dressing?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
What's your beef against window dressing?
Maybe you should let the pot-pipe cool down for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies