Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
hmmm, so what exactly is blind accpetance of the official story?
A straw man.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:08 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
A straw man.
So what are you accepting blindly if you aren't accepting the official story blindly?

Old 02-28-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
So what are you accepting blindly if you aren't accepting the official story blindly?
I accept nothing blindly. You?

Old 02-28-2014, 01:45 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
hmmm, so what exactly is blind accpetance of the official story?

gotta name for that, followed by insults

The opposite of faith. People who start not with belief, but with the seeking of knowledge. Do not confuse the skeptic with the irrational counter narrative. A Counter narrative will first start with a belief (I can't believe) and then reinforce. The opposite is someone who listens to the evidence without belief, and makes a decision.

It is impossible to believe the absurdity of the counter narrative stories without first starting with a belief it was fake, not possible, etc then building your facts to support it. Its like the mormon religion. . .you can't observe it, you have to be part of it to buy that stuff hook line and sinker. you must start with belief.

So what is the opposite of starting with belief, than building your facts call it what you will. . .Doubting Thomas, Skeptics, critical thinkers, etc.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:47 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
The simplest explanation is that the events of 9/11 were caused by a terrorist attack performed by 19 Arab hijackers under the control of Al Qaeda.

There is no alternative explanation that is less than two orders of magnitude more complex... or that can withstand the most minimal critical scrutiny.
Why can't people accept that explanation, but also accept the fact that our CIA created and funded Al Qaeda when it armed the Mujahideen to fight the Russians and our Federal Government/Bush family has very strong connections with Saudi Arabia (where all 19 hijackers were from but not among the countries we invaded as a consequence).

Why would Americans not want to delve deeper into these events and circumstances, especially as our military and Government have essentially gone rogue since 9/11? Why would you try to silence people that are curious about how the largest terrorist attack in our nation's history was funded and implemented?

Old 02-28-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why can't people accept that explanation, but also accept the fact that our CIA created and funded Al Qaeda when it armed the Mujahideen to fight the Russians and our Federal Government/Bush family has very strong connections with Saudi Arabia (where all 19 hijackers were from but not among the countries we invaded as a consequence).
Well... almost certainly because when our CIA was funding the Afghan mujaheddin against the Russians there was no such thing as Al Qaeda, and Bin Laden was already violently anti-American and wouldn't have taken our money in the first place. I've always known that birther theories required a time machine. Never realized that truthers did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a
Why would Americans not want to delve deeper into these events and circumstances, especially as our military and Government have essentially gone rogue since 9/11? Why would you try to silence people that are curious about how the largest terrorist attack in our nation's history was funded and implemented?
Who is trying to silence anybody? I will defend to the death the Truther's right to be stupid, incompetent, paranoid and idiotic. I will also expose their stupidity, incompetence, paranoia and idiocy when the opportunity presents. I don't do this for them.

If they choose to go silent after being exposed, that's up to them... but it rarely happens, so you shouldn't worry.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:02 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times

Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Well... almost certainly because when our CIA was funding the Afghan mujaheddin against the Russians there was no such thing as Al Qaeda, and Bin Laden was already violently anti-American and wouldn't have taken our money in the first place. I've always known that birther theories required a time machine. Never realized that truthers did too.

Who is trying to silence anybody? I will defend to the death the Truther's right to be stupid, incompetent, paranoid and idiotic. I will also expose their stupidity, incompetence, paranoia and idiocy when the opportunity presents. I don't do this for them.

If they choose to go silent after being exposed, that's up to them... but it rarely happens, so you shouldn't worry.
Why are you making stuff up?-there are even pictures of National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski meeting with Osama Bin Laden in 1979.

Sleeping With the Devil: How U.S. and Saudi Backing of Al Qaeda Led to 9/11 Washington's Blog

Former British Foreign secretary, Robin Cook said:
Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan.

How The CIA Helped Create Osama Bin Laden | News One

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Al-Qaeda's origins and links

"The organisation grew out of the network of Arab volunteers who had gone to Afghanistan in the 1980s to fight under the banner of Islam against Soviet Communism.
During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA. "

Old 02-28-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why are you making stuff up?-there are even pictures of National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski meeting with Osama Bin Laden in 1979.
No. There's not. And that picture is not of Osama Bin Laden.

Bin Laden never received any funds or training from the CIA. Period.

Nice try though.

I note your own sources admit that Al Qaeda did not exist at the time of the CIA funding. Thanks for confirming.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:22 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
The CIA does secret things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies