Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,413,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It's all been done. You just are inexplicably unaware of it.

NMSR 9-11 'Truth' Resources: How Does a Building Crush Itself?
And where did that specify the amount of energy required to break a floor loose?

Did the portion of the core above the impact zone fall on the core below. What happened when the horizontal beams impacted each other.

That is the thing about building a model. It would have to demonstrate what could actually happen not just be a bunch of TALK.

Physicists and engineers in the 21st century can't build a model when they could do it in 1940 for the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Quote:
the mass was 58x106 kg (top 14 floors),... and the drop height was 3.8 meters.
Now does that mass include the core or not. Because if it includes the core didn't the upper core have to fall on the lower core. But that would include the columns in which case there was not 12 feet of empty space between each FLOOR.

That is why I talk about LEVELS and not FLOORS. We need to be sure which we are talking about.

Curious that!

psik

Last edited by psikeyhackr; 02-26-2014 at 07:58 PM..

Old 02-26-2014, 08:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
And where did that specify the amount of energy required to break a floor loose?

Did the portion of the core above the impact zone fall on the core below. What happened when the horizontal beams impacted each other.

That is the thing about building a model. It would have to demonstrate what could actually happen not just be a bunch of TALK.

Physicists and engineers in the 21st century can't build a model when they could do it in 1940 for the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Now does that mass include the core or not. Because if it includes the core didn't the upper core have to fall on the lower core. But that would include the columns in which case there was not 12 feet of empty space between each FLOOR.

That is why I talk about LEVELS and not FLOORS. We need to be sure which we are talking about.

Curious that!

psik
uhm...

you do know that one of the survivors (a trapped survivor) was saved because they were smart enough to get to an elevator shaft.......look up the name John McLoughlin

Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 PM

600 posts, read 660,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Another crazy response. I never stated there was anything wrong with debate and dissent, I just see no reason to debate with those who obviously suffer from mental illness.

To date, nobody in the Truther crowd has provided a single shred of evidence to back up their wild claims of an alleged conspiracy, nor does their argument consist of much more then "I don't believe it, therefore it didn't happen." On top of that, they consistently maintain that it is inconceivable that Islamic terrorists could have destroyed the WTC using a couple of hijacked airliners to fly directly into the towers, yet claim that a vast conspiracy involving hundreds of willing participants, including reporters from foreign news media and the families of the victims, is somehow more acceptable an explanation of what happened that day.

Seriously.

yet, you participate vigorously in this and other 9-11 threads

and again, posing questions is not the same as alleging some grand conspiracy!

if your's and historic du***'s (and other apparent 100% acceptors) mentality regarding this and other 9-11 subjects prevailed for everything else; then we would all still believe that the sun revolves around the earth! because thats what seems readily apparent to the observer. however through intense question of the obvious and/or official explanation (and demonizing of those who dared questioned i might add) the truth eventually came to be known...

Last edited by niedo; 02-26-2014 at 09:02 PM..

Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post

if your's and historic du***'s (and other apparent 100% acceptors) mentality regarding this and other 9-11 subjects prevailed for everything else; then we would all still believe that the sun revolves around the earth! because thats what seems readily apparent to the observer. however through intense question of the obvious and/or official explanation (and demonizing of those who dared questioned i might add) the truth eventually came to be known...
uhm...

the TRUTH is already known

a bunch is Islamic extremists hijacked 4 airplanes, taking 3 of those planes into buildings causing nearly 3000 people to die, and about 18 buildings to be severely damaged or destroyed, of those 3000 over 250 were police and firemen

too bad you cant handle the truth

Old 02-26-2014, 10:30 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
I am stating that there had to be more involved to produce what we saw than airliner impact damage and fire.

Build a model of the north tower with the same strength and mass distribution and then remove 5 levels, 91 through 95. Drop the upper 15 stories through the empty gap and see if 15 levels can destroy 90.

If a 50 foot 1:200th scale model of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge could be built in 4 months in 1940 it is certainly curios that no engineering school can do a 1:100th scale model for the north tower in the 21st century when they have computer controlled 3D printers to produce the parts.

psik
I think there is more to it than that.

No amount of physics or mathematical formulas, equations, and redrawn scenarios will be able to accurately depict what happens when you fly a 747 into the side of one of the world's tallest skyscrapers.

There really is no way to to write a formula or accurately predict what exactly will happen. I don't fault people for looking deeper into this to see if there were other contributing factors or other evidence being covered up, but if you can't find it, then it probably isn't there.

I can only think of 2 buildings over 1,000 feet tall in the entire world that have ever had a plane flown into them, and they both collapsed, no other examples to contrast this with and suggest that the design, materials, interior explosives or construction of the building had anything to do with it.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Strange, because you do both right here....

The first lie and just plain stupid comment is that conspiracies cannot be brought to fruition without "involving hundreds of willing participants."

People who make comments like that, have never planned a conspiracy; never directed or controlled a conspiracy; never participated or engaged in a conspiracy; or never investigated a conspiracy.

Such people are ignorant; of extremely low intelligence; and bereft of imagination.

Don't get me wrong.....I love people like that....I need people like that....because it is so easy for me to manipulate them into being a participant in conspiracy.

You would pose no challenge to me at all.

I could plan a conspiracy; get you to voluntarily participate -- and you would have no clue you're involved in a conspiracy; and what's more --- and this is key....

...I can get you to perform a task that violates no law, yet furthers the goals of the conspiracy.

And just think....half the people on this forum couldn't even begin to wrap their brains around that.

For example, someone ordered the FBI to stand-down all active investigations into terrorism, terrorist activity and suspected terrorists at a very critical point which might have uncovered 9-11 months before it happened.

That was Maltbie.

Is Maltbie a conspirator? I would bet my life he is not. However, he was an unwitting participant, and his actions --- which were legal and within the scope of his authority -- furthered the goals of the conspirators.....but he did not know that.

Maltbie did not order the stand-down on his own, rather he was directed by an higher-up in the FBI to do it. Was that person a conspirator? I seriously doubt it.

The order came from outside of FBI channels, because that's where one of the conspirators was, in the CIA, DIA or NSA.

That guy was pretty good....he got 3 to 5 people to further his conspiracy without them knowing they were participating in a conspiracy, and without violating any laws.

Since no one bothered to do any kind of criminal investigation or even a routine fact-finding investigation, it's not really clear where the order came from.

I'm not say a conspiracy can never involved hundreds of willing participants, because they surely can, the MAFIA is one such conspiratorial organization with hundreds of willing participants, there's Israeli Organized Crime, and then the 100+ Israelis at Urban Moving Systems that disappeared over-night.

This is another lie and stupid comment here...

"...and hundreds of pounds of burning thermite that magically melted away the superstructure of the building without giving off any heat or smoke."

This is obviously a case where someone is intentionally preying on the ignorance of others, or the person is totally ignorant and doesn't understand the physics behind explosive charges.

Didn't require hundreds of pounds. Wasn't necessary to rig every floor, or even every other floor. Every fourth or fifth floor would have been enough. Shaped-charges do not need to explode. In fact, usually you don't want them to explode. What you want them to do is burn from 10 milliseconds up to 3 seconds.

The point being there isn't going to be any smoke and since no one was recording the building using thermal or infrared imaging, no heat would be detected either.

I'll grant you there are many stupid hypotheses....no, they're too stupid to rise to the level of "theory" but then that is the nature of disinformation. When the overwhelming majority of Americans are leaning toward a conspiracy, you want to throw out as much disinformation as possible, and as many bizarre claims as possible --- such as holograms or remote control planes and other nonsense -- in order to divide and conquer, and then embarrass people into being associated with such ridiculous nonsense.

Conspiratorially...

Mircea
Do you have any idea how crazy and paranoid you sound?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post

You keep insisting that the official explanation is incorrect, despite having absolutely no credentials, background nor education in the fields of neither physics nor structural engineering.

This is why nobody is taking your silly questions seriously.

If you were to provide any evidence whatsoever that the kinetic force and resulting fire of a couple 767 airliners striking the WTC at over 500 MPH was not enough to bring the towers down, it is very possible that others may sit back and start to consider your theory possible. The problem is that this is not what you are doing. You are merely asking everyone still reading this thread to provide proof as to how it was possible, then calling them liars when they do. This is the same kind of flawed logic that caused Darwin to be labelled a heretic for suggesting that man and ape share a common ancestor.

Thermite did not bring the WTC down. Secret government ops did not bring the towers down. Alien death rays shot by David Icke's space lizards did not bring the towers down. 767 airliners hijacked by Islamic terrorists and flown directly into the WTC was what brought the towers down. And unless you can provide some kind of physical evidence that refutes that, rational people are going to continue to ignore this kind of foolishness as delusional nuttery.

I almost overlooked this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

This is another lie and stupid comment here...

"...and hundreds of pounds of burning thermite that magically melted away the superstructure of the building without giving off any heat or smoke."

This is obviously a case where someone is intentionally preying on the ignorance of others, or the person is totally ignorant and doesn't understand the physics behind explosive charges.
Hey genius, you do understand that thermite is not an explosive by any stretch of the imagination, don't you?

Talk about being "totally ignorant."

Last edited by Annuvin; 02-26-2014 at 10:54 PM..

Old 02-26-2014, 10:47 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm...

you do know that one of the survivors (a trapped survivor) was saved because they were smart enough to get to an elevator shaft.......look up the name John McLoughlin
You sure it wasn't John McCLane?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You keep insisting that the official explanation is incorrect, despite having absolutely no credentials, background nor education in the fields of neither physics nor structural engineering.

This is why nobody is taking your silly questions seriously.

If you were to provide any evidence whatsoever that the kinetic force and resulting fire of a couple 767 airliners striking the WTC at over 500 MPH was not enough to bring the towers down, it is very possible that others may sit back and start to consider your theory possible. The problem is that this is not what you are doing. You are merely asking everyone still reading this thread to provide proof as to how it was possible, then calling them liars when they do. This is the same kind of flawed logic that caused Darwin to be labelled a heretic for suggesting that man and ape share a common ancestor.

Thermite did not bring the WTC down. Secret government ops did not bring the towers down. Alien death rays shot by David Icke's space lizards did not bring the towers down. 767 airliners hijacked by Islamic terrorists and flown directly into the WTC was what brought the towers down. And unless you can provide some kind of physical evidence that refutes that, rational people are going to continue to ignore this kind of foolishness as delusional nuttery.
You have done absolutely nothing in the long winded diatribe above except handwave and admit you are at the mercy of the NIST brand of sophism.

You seem insanely determined to hammer the square peg of Occam's Razor into the round hole. The irony is that (and I will say it again) Occam's Razor determines that 9/11 IS a conspiracy.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:54 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
You have done absolutely nothing in the long winded diatribe above except handwave and admit you are at the mercy of the NIST brand of sophism.

You seem insanely determined to hammer the square peg of Occam's Razor into the round hole. The irony is that (and I will say it again) Occam's Razor determines that 9/11 IS a conspiracy.
Can you even define Occam's Razor?

I didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies