Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 02:44 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hell I thought it was just the "cloud". So now they will have it all? It appears so. Just amazing how stupid folks are.
The NGA is very busy between just FirstNet and COMMON CORE.
There is even another project on the horizon.

Outernet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outernet
MDIF
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_...nvestment_Fund
quote:
MDIF was founded in 1995 by Saša Vučinić and Stuart Auerbach, the late Washington Post reporter and editor. Previously Vučinić was editor-in-chief and general manager of B92 radio in Belgrade when, in the early 1990s, the station started to experience financial problems caused by government interference.[3] Witnessing freedom of speech slowly slip away partly due to a lack of economic security, Vučinić had the idea of creating an organization that would provide independent media with access to capital.[4] The idea was pitched to George Soros, who provided the initial grant for MDIF's start-up

Old 03-16-2014, 02:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Americans definitely don't need to be dragged into this. I suspect many Americans couldn't point out Crimea or the Ukraine on a map.

What about the slaughter of hundreds of innocent people by Muslims in Nigeria? Why don't they matter? If Muslims slaughter innocent Africans, why doesn't the Obama administration speak out against that?

Old 03-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Americans definitely don't need to be dragged into this. I suspect many Americans couldn't point out Crimea or the Ukraine on a map.

What about the slaughter of hundreds of innocent people by Muslims in Nigeria? Why don't they matter? If Muslims slaughter innocent Africans, why doesn't the Obama administration speak out against that?
Didnt we have a thread on this and didnt All the republicans have a problem with Barack Obama sending 30 marines there to train the forces to protect those people ???

As i recall, alot of Republicans said that was none of our business as well.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The NGA is very busy between just FirstNet and COMMON CORE.
There is even another project on the horizon.

Outernet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outernet
MDIF
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_...nvestment_Fund
quote:
MDIF was founded in 1995 by Saša Vučinić and Stuart Auerbach, the late Washington Post reporter and editor. Previously Vučinić was editor-in-chief and general manager of B92 radio in Belgrade when, in the early 1990s, the station started to experience financial problems caused by government interference.[3] Witnessing freedom of speech slowly slip away partly due to a lack of economic security, Vučinić had the idea of creating an organization that would provide independent media with access to capital.[4] The idea was pitched to George Soros, who provided the initial grant for MDIF's start-up
Scary times my friend...........very scary. These clowns just do what they want.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:54 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
@PQ and GR

And you guys say you support Democracy! Yeah, we support Democracy only if they elect the person we support in America.

Hypocrites!

Old 03-16-2014, 02:58 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I hope this fiasco doesn't get dragged out. If the people of Crimea want to join Russia, who gives a crap!? It's their life and their decision. Ukraine's economy is in very bad shape, so it doesn't surprise me that Crimeans are voting to join Russia.

Let's mind our own business!

This is a "fair election" in the mind of a liberal- voting with an invading army in your country and a gun pointed to your head! Gee......................... The premier of North Korea just received 100% of the vote in a "fair" election as well.

I guess this is why liberals are okay with voter fraud and corruption in the US. Black Panthers intimidating voters? No problem!

Old 03-16-2014, 03:13 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
BBC says exit polls show 93% voting to join Russia BBC News - Crimea exit poll: About 93% back Russia union
Does that seem like the results of a fair election? In the US you couldn't get 93% of people to agree that water is wet.

That still doesn't make it the responsibility of the US to take action and use force to get the result Obama wants even if Kiev cuts off the water, power and natural gas to Crimea.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:15 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
@PQ and GR

And you guys say you support Democracy! Yeah, we support Democracy only if they elect the person we support in America.

Hypocrites!
Democracy at the end of a gun.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:27 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Can you explain? I'm not sure I understand your post.
Look at Greece. The EU and IMF have taken them to the cleaners.

And Ukraine's financial position is Greece on steroids.

Not to mention there are large numbers of people in western Ukraine (watch that video) who still identify with their pro-Nazi grandparents. How do you think the metrosexual elite in the EU will react to them?

The show is just beginning.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
@PQ and GR

Hypocrites!
America did used to stand for freedom..........till liberals took charge. Now look where we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies