Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 05:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why would he care............??
Because it makes all imports more expensive, because they were forced to hike interest rates 1.5 % in one day, and because people are losing their shirts off their backs, and Putins war suddenly looks like a very bad idea.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:20 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Make sure to show him the break on the green.........as that is all you seem to do.
Talking about golf again? I guess that explains how serious we should take you, then.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because it makes all imports more expensive, because they were forced to hike interest rates 1.5 % in one day, and because people are losing their shirts off their backs, and Putins war suddenly looks like a very bad idea.
You think Putin cares if folks are losing their shirts? He could care less............it's exactly what the commies want.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
See even you as a liberal admit that. So you vote for a president that thinks Al-quada is on the run and Russia is timid. Peace through strength, military might and posturing can make the difference. But we will never know for sure. Obama is president, he is downsizing our strength and we can all watch as he embarrass the U.S. again and shows his incompetence in the world theater.
Again, how would Romney have prevented the invasion of Ukraine?

Would he have as much success as Bush had in intimidating Russia in Georgia? Or did you forget that Bush is, by your narrow definition, "weak" as well. It's easy to be an arm-chair analyst...you don't have your name attached to the consequences.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Talking about golf again? I guess that explains how serious we should take you, then.
I take you as a gnat.........go away.........you have nothing to add to the commentary.........go away. You want to start arguments.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:24 PM

Location: inside, where it is warm or cool depending on the season
117 posts, read 140,125 times
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
"Crimean militiamen" must be the new code word for the Spetsnaz ... it's so obvious that Russian commandos seized the airfield that even Ray Charles could see it.

This is how the Russians took over Afghanistan in 1979 ... go in disguised as locals and/or tourists and seize the key points first and then when the real invasion launches you have already seized airfields, key bridges, etc.
...next is Poland.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Again, how would Romney have prevented the invasion of Ukraine?

Would he have as much success as Bush had in intimidating Russia in Georgia? Or did you forget that Bush is, by your narrow definition, "weak" as well. It's easy to be an arm-chair analyst...you don't have your name attached to the consequences.
My bad. I thought Obama was president not Bush.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Both Romney and Palin should be kept as far away from the Oval office as possible. Both are warmongers and both have ulterior motives. Romney had aspirations of a Mormon leading the US into a theocracy (see White Horse Prophecies), and Palin wanted to usher in an Armageddon and the second coming of Christ. She's even convinced it will happen in her lifetime.
Both are nuts and both would like nothing better than war.
I'm reasonably confident that Romney would act with a shred of sensibility. Palin would be a cliffhanger for sure - no way I'd want her near the White House.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It's easy to be an arm-chair analyst...you don't have your name attached to the consequences.
Yep - the Fighting 59th Keyboarders are rattling their ESC buttons!

Old 03-03-2014, 05:27 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,400 times
Exclamation But..But..Omaba said the Cold War was over...Russia was not a threat..Obama got played!

So what did I hear on the News Today?

"World War Three?? I am in shock!" CNBC

"Cold War is back" CNN

"Reset Dead?" David Gregory to sputtering John Kerry.

"We were caught with our pants down." KFI

So while the US Media was mocking the hotels and looking for Gay Protests Putin was planing to invade the Crimea. Too bad no one say this coming...oh wait, someone did..

John Kerry DNC Speech Complete: Slams Romney on Foreign Policy at Democratic National Convention - YouTube

Obama to Romney: Cold War is Over - Third Presidential Debate - Elections 2012 - YouTube

Sarah Palin in 2008 - Obama Presidency would Embolden Putin to Invade Ukraine - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies