Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 03:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
People obviously know nothing about Al Sharpton and his rallies.

Reading is so fundamental. His website addresses everything he does.
Sharpton is a race baiter. He should be jailed IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 04:29 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
You know what's funny is that she said the meeting was intended to be a "safe zone". What exactly does that mean? So in her world, minorities cant meet with whites about diversity because it would be unsafe? Why? Did they intend to meet so they could bash whites and needed whites to stay away so they felt safe while doing it?

I hate double standards. She keeps her job, others dont.

And for those who were bragging about this topic being pointless because she is white....she claims to be Native American. Looks white as any one else but apparently, she isnt since she has Indian in her. So I guess that makes her feel better to not be the big bad evil white guy.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You know what's funny is that she said the meeting was intended to be a "safe zone". What exactly does that mean? So in her world, minorities cant meet with whites about diversity because it would be unsafe? Why? Did they intend to meet so they could bash whites and needed whites to stay away so they felt safe while doing it?

I hate double standards. She keeps her job, others dont.

And for those who were bragging about this topic being pointless because she is white....she claims to be Native American. Looks white as any one else but apparently, she isnt since she has Indian in her. So I guess that makes her feel better to not be the big bad evil white guy.
Hey that crazy woman who was elected was an indian according to her so nobody knows anymore. We got white hispanics shooting folks too. Whole country is a mess.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:33 PM

310 posts, read 256,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't see a problem with race/ethnicity/culture.
I meant it as in being divided by the media and politicians.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:36 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
I meant it as in being divided by the media and politicians.
You're right if I get what you mean. Seems to me, some of the biggest mouths about race and racism, etc, etc are always classifying people by groups/race. Always labeling. Zimmerman for example. He wasnt just a hispanic, he was a white hispanic. Bad example but you know what I mean

Old 03-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Media and politicians are the ones who try and force folks together. Leave us all alone is my point. I meet a cool guy who has things in common with me we will become friends.......don't matter their color. Yet the media and politicians want to force it on us all. THEY are the ones who are causing the friction.........not the common joe.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
College group cancels diversity 'happy hour' after excluding white staffers | KING5.com Seattle

Whomever sent this email, should have been fired. We all know damn well if races were reversed, the white person who arranged this meet and sent this email would be fired and it would be national news.

Let's have a DIVERSITY meeting but include the evil white man. Honest discussion with out white people? By honest she means a meet to complain how tough they have it and how white people are the cause of all their problems.....

This was racist. But they will get away with it because they are not white. And you wont hear a peep about this from the national media

as a white woman I want to know when other white folks are going to wake up, shake them selves off
and stand up to the racists??
there are plenty of black bigots that have become "empowered" thinking most white folks are too scared
to call a bigot a bigot
why?? because they are afraid of being called racist
or a lot of them have white guilt
well I am not afraid and I don't have guilt and I am getting sick of this crap
any other white folks tired of this bull shi&
I do not like a racist a black one or a white one
we have one sitting in the white house Obama is a huge racist and so is his wife and his DOJ Holder

Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
Well, that isn't very multicultural of them. Maybe it should be a "certain cultural" center?

And don't you see a problem with how that is worded? It comes off as if white people are the problem and you can bring them in to talk about their racist, white supremacist, and white privilege problems.
It was wrong only because an employee used school resources for the segregated happy hour. By having no whites, the people of color wouldn't have to listen to crabbing about crime rates, poverty, the 'race card,' no fathers in the home, blahblahblah. They could stick to stuff like institutional racism, criminal justice discrimination, the impact of slavery, profiling, etc..

Old 03-14-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Harrier, they want to beat up on Whitey without making Whitey uncomfortable.

only this whitey is getting pissed off~~~

Old 03-14-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm not arguing whether she was right or wrong to exclude whites. I'm saying that I completely understand her reasoning, which you neatly illustrate in your OP, which is that many blacks feel they can't have an honest discussion about race with white people because many of them jump immediately to the same conclusions about their motivations that you have.

so would this school be cool with the white folks getting together with out the black folks so they could "feel safe" to talk about race without the black folks jumping too???
does that sound reasonable??

what say you?
I say that would stink
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies