Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 05:43 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thank you for sharing your outrage about those darn white male christian republicans and their use of sweeping generalizations.

I'm going to hope you were trying to be intentionally funny and ironic because the alternative explanation is just sad if true.
My point is that basically this thread is 15-16 pages of outrage towards minorities because some minority did something stupid.

It's one crazy person. Nothing to see here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 02:19 AM

310 posts, read 256,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It was wrong only because an employee used school resources for the segregated happy hour. By having no whites, the people of color wouldn't have to listen to crabbing about crime rates, poverty, the 'race card,' no fathers in the home, blahblahblah. They could stick to stuff like institutional racism, criminal justice discrimination, the impact of slavery, profiling, etc..
The bolded part makes you sound just as bad as the people you are talking about. Just because they are white, they don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation? Not only that, but it is not fair to act as if white people have never been on the receiving end of racism.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:18 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
My point is that basically this thread is 15-16 pages of outrage towards minorities because some minority did something stupid.

It's one crazy person. Nothing to see here.
no it is NOT one crazy person if that were the case it would not be as bad
but since Obama has been elected it is becoming more an more about division
class division gender division and race division
this idiot thought it pretty cool no white were allowed well if she had said no blacks are allowed she would have been burned at the stake
whites are now being staked out just because we are white
and by some who want to get even
hell I have not done anything to a black person
I grew up in the 1960's I was a kid and well remember that horror
I saw the KKK marching and was terrified I did not understand but I knew it was wrong
well it is still wrong for race fights
but I for one am NOT going to sit down like a good little girl and say nothing to see here
there is plenty to see
this shi^ is coming from a small number but if it is not called out it will continue to grow
this hack that sits in the white house and his fat wife are racists
so is have of the progressive blacks in Washington
I for one am mad as hell and I am not going to shut up

most of the politicians are scared to death of this black president
but thank God that is slowly changing
but it is going to take all of us who are not afraid to speak out

Old 03-15-2014, 08:31 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It was wrong only because an employee used school resources for the segregated happy hour. By having no whites, the people of color wouldn't have to listen to crabbing about crime rates, poverty, the 'race card,' no fathers in the home, blahblahblah. They could stick to stuff like institutional racism, criminal justice discrimination, the impact of slavery, profiling, etc..

so what pray tell does slavery have to do with anything
were you a slave
do you know a slave
well I have not owned a slave
and slavery has not ONE thing to do with this
the other things you brought are relevant as much as you want to deny it
and the progressives have done much to keep black folks tied down
look at the racism in the black community towards other black who point out problems AND a solution
but they are called Uncle Tom
take Col Allen West
he is amazing
but he is attacked all the time
look I am a recovering alcoholic and in order for me to get sober I had to face facts then take steps for the rest of my life
when I was caught up in domestic violence I wanted to just be a victim it got me a load of sympathy and attention it also almost cost me my life I finally had to wake up and do something
people got tired of me pissing and moaning and staying in my shi^
well I as a white woman am sick of the pissing and moaning of a lot of black folks that who does not want to change anything but want to be catered to and have us grovel and cower down
well this old lady says not just no, but hell fuc8ing no!!
quit bitching and do something about your life
then help someone else
that is what we do in AA we get sober then we help the next drunk and on and on

Old 03-15-2014, 05:16 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A diversity discussion should include everyone. Get it?!?
And should go way beyond diverse skin color.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
They were fighting racism by using racism.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:02 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no it is NOT one crazy person if that were the case it would not be as bad
but since Obama has been elected it is becoming more an more about division
class division gender division and race division
this idiot thought it pretty cool no white were allowed well if she had said no blacks are allowed she would have been burned at the stake
whites are now being staked out just because we are white
and by some who want to get even
hell I have not done anything to a black person
I grew up in the 1960's I was a kid and well remember that horror
I saw the KKK marching and was terrified I did not understand but I knew it was wrong
well it is still wrong for race fights
but I for one am NOT going to sit down like a good little girl and say nothing to see here
there is plenty to see
this shi^ is coming from a small number but if it is not called out it will continue to grow
this hack that sits in the white house and his fat wife are racists
so is have of the progressive blacks in Washington
I for one am mad as hell and I am not going to shut up

most of the politicians are scared to death of this black president
but thank God that is slowly changing
but it is going to take all of us who are not afraid to speak out
This rant makes no sense.

You admit that it's a small number who do this, but claim that Obama is making this number grow larger.

You claim not to be a racist, yet you use demeaning terms to describe Obama and his family, and have no problem emphasizing his race. I have a hard time believing this.

This original incident didn't even involve a black person, which makes your rant ridiculous. There have always been crazies who get a little too wrapped up in their activism to recognize that it's not a zero sum game. It didn't start with Obama.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:07 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
so what pray tell does slavery have to do with anything
were you a slave
do you know a slave
well I have not owned a slave
and slavery has not ONE thing to do with this
the other things you brought are relevant as much as you want to deny it
and the progressives have done much to keep black folks tied down
look at the racism in the black community towards other black who point out problems AND a solution
but they are called Uncle Tom
take Col Allen West
he is amazing
but he is attacked all the time
look I am a recovering alcoholic
and in order for me to get sober I had to face facts then take steps for the rest of my life
when I was caught up in domestic violence I wanted to just be a victim it got me a load of sympathy and attention it also almost cost me my life I finally had to wake up and do something
people got tired of me pissing and moaning and staying in my shi^
well I as a white woman am sick of the pissing and moaning of a lot of black folks that who does not want to change anything but want to be catered to and have us grovel and cower down
well this old lady says not just no, but hell fuc8ing no!!
quit bitching and do something about your life
then help someone else
that is what we do in AA we get sober then we help the next drunk and on and on
Good luck on that recovery.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:55 PM

49 posts, read 39,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Right, we'll go with racist stereotypes are O.K.
You're pulling things out of the air. I don't know what you mean but please don't explain. I have said nothing that should get your underwear in a bunch. I said my opinion, and you don't like my answer. I see the school situation offended you. I am hope you feel better. My comments were based on my personal experience and how I understood the meeting. Personally, I don't feel comfortable talking about racism with other groups on the job or at school so many things could be misconstrued and hurt me. When I talk about racism with my people, it is to learn how to overcome racism and build a strong Black community. I love my people, but most of all I'm proud to be human. We all are human. We should love one another like we love ourselves.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:29 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They were fighting racism by using racism.
We must save this racism in order to destroy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies