Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 10:37 AM

279 posts, read 183,649 times

Advertisements

Head shot, clear intent to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I wonder where the kid got shot.

Back, front, head?

Was the kid "stopped" while trying to bolt?

Was it a case of virginity theft?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,064,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
It's street justice where BS like "my daughter lied to me" or "or the boy suddenly reached for something" don't fly. Kid was unarmed and was just boinking guy daughter, you have a teenage daughter and one look around can tell you if she's being raped or having fun in her own bed, that's what kids do, you don't kill anybody just for that.
You take someone's life then be ready to face the consequences. Courts are for suckers believing in " the boy reached for something so I felt threatened and shot him in the head" sob stories. What if this was your son?
If you sneak into someone's home at 2am without permission then be ready to face the consequences as well, this 17 year old experienced them at ~1200fps.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,015,729 times
Quote:
You all know it's BS. You can easily tell if your daughter is being raped or just having fun. What you invent as a story to cover up the murder doesn't matter. Unfortunately the boy is dead so we will never know what actually happened there but we know for sure that the boy was invited and unarmed.

That is irrelevant. The point is the boy did not have the permission of the dad to enter that house.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,891,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
You skipped taking yours meds today, right?
Go back and finish the eighth grade.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,064,296 times
Quote:
As apposed to a chest shot which is just meant to slow someone down? The only clear intent found here is a father trying to protect his home.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, I do believe there was malice.

Close range?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM

5,667 posts, read 5,102,555 times
Quote:
Head shots are much harder. What distance was involved? Center of mass is more effective and more automatic for aiming when shooting. Was it dark or light in the room may be a factor also. Maybe the kid ducked at the wrong instant. Can't prove intent here by any means other than a move to stop the kid.

279 posts, read 183,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
We can play the what if game all day. The fact is, he was in this guy's house at 2AM, banging his daughter.
That's absolutely legal. And normal.

Quote:
The daughter told the dad she didn't know the guy.
That's what the guy and his daughter say.... I don't know if that's a fact.

Quote:
So now the dad thinks this kid is probably trying to rape his daughter.
Sure. He is an idiot who thinks that boy roughly his daughter age, in a room with no sign of forced entry or any physical struggle is a "gentle rapist". Of course, cause his little girl would never invite a boy over at 2 am, right?

Quote:
Also, didn't the kid get lippy with the dad? Not exactly a smart move on his part, when you don't have much of a bargaining chip. I realize teens screw all of the time.
Did he? How do you know that?

Quote:
As for my son, the fact of the matter is I'm actually a parent to my child and actively involved in his life. I was young once too, so there isn't too much that he is going to try and get over on me.

But of course, just like this girls father you could not believe that she could just have the boy overnight at the age of 16. Of course.

8,793 posts, read 8,190,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The conceal and carry or any firearm owners permit does not instantly mean "shoot first ask questions later".
Permit does not come into play. Also, the owner of the house does have the right to "defend" all inside.

From what I read, the kid was not found in the girls room, but in the girl's bed, and she denied she knew who he was. Instant death from many if not most fathers. If the father had thought about it, I am fairly sure he would realize she was lying, but I am also willing to bet he was not in thinking mode.

It is a shame it turned out as it did, but this is entirely all the fault of the daughter and her idiot "friend."

As an aside, even though he never displayed it, I knew from the time I was 13 that my father had a gun. I would be surprised that the daughter did not know her father owned a gun. Why they would still carry on with that knowledge (if they knew) is beyond me. In fact, gun or not, It astounds me they did this with the father home.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Permit does not come into play. Also, the owner of the house does have the right to "defend" all inside.

From what I read, the kid was not found in the girls room, but in the girl's bed, and she denied she knew who he was. Instant death from many if not most fathers. If the father had thought about it, I am fairly sure he would realize she was lying, but I am also willing to bet he was not in thinking mode.

It is a shame it turned out as it did, but this is entirely all the fault of the daughter and her idiot "friend."

As an aside, even though he never displayed it, I knew from the time I was 13 that my father had a gun. I would be surprised that the daughter did not know her father owned a gun. Why they would still carry on with that knowledge (if they knew) is beyond me. In fact, gun or not, It astounds me they did this with the father home.
Some people use a gun as a substitute for a brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies