Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
These things don't fit their model of "rich, greedy, Republicans." That's why you'll never hear them mentioned. The less informed their sycophants are, the better.
And you can spot those less informed sycophants a mile off. Their ignorance would be amusing if it weren't so appalling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Strategy of the left:Nonetheless, Democrats will stop at nothing to personally destroy the Koch brothers and anyone else who poses a genuine threat to their political agenda. In a coordinated effort to keep Americans’ attention deflected from the healthcare bill, they have totally embraced radical leftist Saul Alinsky’s Rule Number 12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.”

one might be tempted to conclude that the Koch brothers are among the heaviest hitters in American politics. This, of course, is false. As the website OpenSecrets.org reveals, among the top all-time donors from the years 1989-2014, the Koch brothers come in at — wait for it — number 59. The same website further reveals that 6 of the top 10 political donors are unions, who overwhelmingly favor Democrats with their campaign contributions by margins of 91 precent or greater, compared to what they give Republicans.

Lynching the Koch Brothers: The Dems’ Strategy for 2014 | FrontPage Magazine

Old 03-23-2014, 08:38 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,238 times
Gee, I don't suppose rich Liberal family foundations ever influence politics or regulatory agencies at all. My, my. This is appalling.

Let's see, the Tides Foundation I'm sure never gives money to non-profit politically active organizations, nor the Annenberg Foundation, either. They would never engage in such things.

Of course, there are all of George Soros's organizations too. I'm sure they are completely non-political.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
How about "Lurch" Kerry and his ketchup fortune?

Old 03-23-2014, 10:23 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
It's not hard to figure out how a large percentage of poor white trash is willing to carry the water of the wealthiest 1%

Combine typical low information American with FOX News, and Voila! The Koch Bros. are great for America!

Fox Pundits Continue Carrying Water For The Koch Brothers | Crooks and Liars

Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Some philanthropic efforts of the Koch Brothers:

Culture/The Arts

PBS' NOVA
$15 million to the Smithsonian (Natural History) for Hall of Human Origins
$35 million to the Smithsonian (Natural History) to update fossil and dinosaur displays
$20 million to the Smithsonian (Natural History) for new dinosaur wing
$100 million to modernize Lincoln Center
$1.8 million in grants to artists and musicians from Kansas

Medical - $506 million including:

$25 million to a Houston cancer care center
$100 million for cancer research at MIT
$100 million for new ambulatory care center at New York Presbyterian Hospital

University

$814,000 to the Kansas State University Office of Diversity
University programs and think tanks that try “to understand the nature of human freedom and how that freedom leads to prosperity.”
Research and teaching at Brown, Mount Holyoke, Sarah Lawrence, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Vassar, and some 245 other colleges.

Enviroment

Promotion of biodiversity, wildlife habitat enhancement, land restoration and conservation education (per Wildlife Habitat Council President)
Helps Ducks Unlimited maintain 36,000 acres of waterfowl habitat on 116 Minnesota lakes.

Not philanthropic but:

Koch Industries offers same-sex spousal benefits to its legally married employees

MURDOCK: Liberals do not appreciate conservative Koch brothers' generosity - Washington Times

I'm thinking you libs don't hear about this.
It's irrelevant, Hitler gave generously to many charities. Can I use that fact to in some manner excuse the things he did.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:47 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Who cares?

The Koch brothers look just like what they are: A couple of ignorant, racist bumpkins whose primary focus is promoting Dixie. What you mention here is absolutely irrelevant to this reality.

A generous skunk still stinks.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It's irrelevant, Hitler gave generously to many charities. Can I use that fact to in some manner excuse the things he did.
Exactly the point. So did Saddam Hussein.

Besides I read that the Koch brother's "donations" often come with "strings attached" to further their political agenda.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:07 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I worked for those sharks for 10 months in the early 90's. Never again. I've never seen a more vile, corrupt and even evil corporation in my life as Koch Industries.
I suppose you can learn a lot cleaning the companies toilets.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I worked for those sharks for 10 months in the early 90's. Never again. I've never seen a more vile, corrupt and even evil corporation in my life as Koch Industries.
Liberal Translation=fired for poor job performance or other nefarious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies