Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea republicans don't buy votes. At least with Democrats they are paid with Obamaphones.

All these social welfare programs, affirmative actions, etc. signal to blacks that they are inferior. Democrats tell the world that blacks can't even complete a one page voter registration form.

Democrats tell the world that blacks somehow couldn’t make it without help. This became a self-fulfilling prophecy, a kind of mass Stockholm Syndrome. And, quite naturally, it engendered a great deal of anger.

Do you want everyone to believe what Democrats are peddling?
Voting for a politician is about getting what you want, and some poverty stricken black people like their Obama-phones (but the price of Obama-phones is insignificant to the US government.)

I remember when I was a young man first starting out working, B. Clinton was giving me huge tax credits. I actually did a dance, the first time I had one of Clinton's IRS refund checks in my hand, I said "Go Clinton, Go Clinton, Go Clinton!!!" (and democrats help the middle class too.)

But what do republicans give regular Americans?
Answer: Huge deficits and high national debt.

Yes democrats give poor people and regular Americans stuff, but the cost of those things is insignificant, or those things improve peoples lives and stimulate the economy.

Republicans handout 1,000x more money to corporations and the rich, than democrats handout to the poor and regular Americans.

Democrats vote for their own well being and a federal government with low deficits. But republicans don't vote for stuff for themselves, they vote for stuff for rich men (and the huge deficits and national debt that come from giving rich people tax cuts.)

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

And I guarantee you when Reagan and GW Bush handed out their tax cuts to the rich, many rich men were dancing saying "Go Reagan/Bush, Go Reagan/Bush", or they had an expensive cigar in their mouths and a huge smile on their face (dreaming about the new vacation home they were gonna buy with their tax cuts.)

Democrats vote for themselves and a healthy US government, republicans vote for rich men.

Last edited by chad3; 03-28-2014 at 08:30 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Voting for a politician is about getting what you want, and some poverty stricken black people like their Obama-phones (but the price of Obama-phones is insignificant to the US government.)

I remember when I was a young man first starting out working, B. Clinton was giving me (huge) tax credits. I actually did a dance the first time I had one of Clinton's IRS refund checks in my hand, I said "Go Clinton, Go Clinton, Go Clinton!!!" (and democrats help the middle class too.)

But what do republicans give regular Americans?
Answer: Huge deficits and high national debt.

Yes democrats give poor people and regular Americans stuff, but the cost of those things is insignificant, or those things improve peoples lives and stimulate the economy.

Republicans handout 1,000x more money to corporations and the rich, than democrats handout to the poor and regular Americans.

Democrats vote for their own well being and a federal government with low deficits. But republicans don't vote for stuff for themselves, they vote for stuff for rich men.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

And I guarantee you when Reagan and GW Bush handed out their tax cuts to the rich, many rich men were dancing saying "Go Reagan/Bush, Go Reagan/Bush", or they had an expensive cigar in their mouths and a huge smile on their face (dreaming about the new vacation home they were gonna buy with their tax cuts.)

Democrats vote for themselves and a healthy US government, republicans vote for rich men (and the huge deficits and national debt that come from giving rich people tax cuts.)
Do you actually believe the nonsense that you type?

The "tax cuts for the rich" mantra is old and tired - and wrong.

The tax cuts were across the board - the left just calls that "tax cuts for the rich" because they don't want there to be any tax cuts at all.

The tax cuts created a strong economy and created jobs - and this has occurred whenever tax rates have been lowerd - by the Coolidge, Kennedy, Reagan, and George W. Bush administrations.

It is positive to allow people to keep more of their hard earned money - but not in liberal la-la land.

Like most liberals, you have a faulty understanding if what government is meant to do - it is not to "give stuff out".

The purpose of government is to secure the unalienable rights of its citizens.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-28-2014 at 07:53 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And you expect Obama to magically cure this?
No, but he shouldn't exacerbate the problem either.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:30 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uh, Democrats aren't conservatives.
In the long-ago, there were conservative democrats and progressive democrats.
In the long-ago, there were conservative republicans and progressive republicans.

The were generally divided by north/south.

I know you know this, you just refuse to state this in any of your posts.

In the long-ago, people were more divided by liberal/conservative rather than democrat/republican.

The past has passed. Come on and join the twenty-first century!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM

947 posts, read 1,464,726 times
Quote:
Do you actually believe the nonsense that you type?

The "tax cuts for the rich" mantra is old and tired - and wrong.

The tax cuts were across the board - the left just calls that "tax cuts for the rich" because they don't want there to be any tax cuts at all.

The tax cuts created a strong economy and created jobs - and this has occurred whenever tax rates have been lowerd - by the Coolidge, Kennedy, Reagan, and George W. Bush administrations.

It is positive to allow people to keep more of their hard earned money - but not in liberal la-la land.

Like most liberals, you have a faulty understanding if what government is meant to do - it is not to "give stuff out".

The purpose of government is to secure the unalienable rights of its citizens.
Falsehood upon falsehood.

Reagan's tax cuts had to be reversed. Ronald Reagan raised taxes on six seperate occasions because his tax cuts didn't increase revenue at all.

George W Bush's tax cuts also slashed revenue by several trillion dollars.

It is a falsehood that tax cuts increase revenue and help the economy. Laffer has been debunked time and time again.

Tax cuts do not create a strong economy nor create jobs. The best economies we ever had were during times when taxes were raised on the rich and corporations.

Also guess what the majority of those tax cuts you claim were across the broad were in fact dealing with the rich and benefited them the most.

STUDY: Tax Cuts Don't Lead To Growth - Business Insider

"In fact, although correlation is not causation, when you compare economic growth in periods with declining tax rates versus periods with high tax rates, there seems to be evidence that tax cuts might hurt growth."

"One thing that tax cuts do unequivocally do--at least tax cuts for the highest earners--is increase economic inequality"

Bush Tax Cuts Had Little Positive Impact on Economy | The Fiscal Times

"The truth is that there is virtually no evidence in support of the Bush tax cuts as an economic elixir. Their main effect was simply to reduce the government’s revenue, thereby increasing the budget deficit, which all Republicans claim to abhor."

"Bush argued that its main purpose was simply to deplete the budget surplus, which had grown under President Bill Clinton to $126 billion in 1999. Surpluses were dangerous, Bush and his advisers repeatedly warned, because Congress might spend them."

Bush Era Tax Cuts Didn't Fix Economy - Business Insider

Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Uh, Democrats aren't conservatives.
Democrats can be conservative and are conservative. The labels liberal and conservative are not tied to specific parties.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
No, but he shouldn't exacerbate the problem either.
How has Obama exacerbated the problem?

Old 03-28-2014, 09:15 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As many times as the Democrats try (over and over) to pretend it's not so.
Are you black?

If not, why not leave it up to those who are to decide who is more supportive of their race?

Let them decide which party is more likely to "support racism" in 2014.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:49 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, if you say so after all democrats are doing such a great job. That nearly 73 percent of African Americans are currently born out of wedlock, 67 percent living in single parent homes, is nothing short of disastrous.

And all this during the administration of our first black president. The level of hypocrisy is astronomical.
Well 20 years of two Bushes and a Reagan didn't fix anything.

Maybe.... just maybe.... problems in black society aren't caused by liberal or conservative policies?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Seriously... only a city-data conservative might be so stupid as to actually believe that ideological conservatives voted for civil rights and liberals opposed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies