Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:35 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAndSettling View Post
Haha. Gotta love politics forums. Full of angry, raging people typing furiously. Entertainment....

Anyone who thinks that things in the US are fine and dandy at this point has gotta be seriously mislead in my opinion. The actions of the federal reserve alone are enough to make you realize the absurdity of it all.

The US Government is very, very, VERY huge and powerful. We don't stand a chance against it.

Wow. Political forums are worthless and we don't stand a chance against the government. Does that sum up your viewpoint? Then why post it on a political forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 05:47 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
I never complained about being obliged to pay a fair share of taxes. It is the price all citizens must pay in order to live in a civilized society. What I object to is the oligarchs who pay little taxes because they can take advantage of all the loopholes and tax shelters not available to ordinary folks.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Just find a way to gradually remove yourself from the grid of society and become more self sufficient. That's the best plan.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:20 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times
If an army of federal agents is constantly watching people and jailing them...

...do you really think they wouldn't be watching you on the internet?

Where is the agent assigned to you?

Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 PM

119 posts, read 215,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Wow. Political forums are worthless and we don't stand a chance against the government. Does that sum up your viewpoint? Then why post it on a political forum?
Haha. People on these forums will get offended by almost anything. So much self righteous indignation. You just came out of nowhere raging about a rather benign comment.

And both your assumptions are false.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
If an army of federal agents is constantly watching people and jailing them...

...do you really think they wouldn't be watching you on the internet?

Where is the agent assigned to you?
No kidding. Every time I sit down on the toilet I know there's probably someone watching and listening.

If you're gonna live in America these days. You just have to accept that every action is being monitored. Even when you are just hanging around your house, you are being observed.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
No kidding. Every time I sit down on the toilet I know there's probably someone watching and listening.

If you're gonna live in America these days. You just have to accept that every action is being monitored. Even when you are just hanging around your house, you are being observed.
Please.

Your phone calls, email...sure. your home? Nope. Paranoia may be a issue for you.

Theres not enough manpower or computer power, your fantasy is unrealistic.

If you want to complain about stuff, focus on the phone and email.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:33 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:

I know man those f'n cats are always staring at me too. they probably want me to feed them.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please.

Your phone calls, email...sure. your home? Nope. Paranoia may be a issue for you.

Theres not enough manpower or computer power, your fantasy is unrealistic.

If you want to complain about stuff, focus on the phone and email.
The computer power is definitely capable of doing this. Computers have been able to do this for a while now. It's not enough really high tech, it's pretty simple technology to spy on people.

According to Wikipedia. The US intelligence community has 854,000 people who hold top secret clearance. That's ALMOST A MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING US. That's an immense amount of manpower, that's about 1/300th of the US population. There's a lot they can do.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:05 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
The computer power is definitely capable of doing this. Computers have been able to do this for a while now. It's not enough really high tech, it's pretty simple technology to spy on people.

According to Wikipedia. The US intelligence community has 854,000 people who hold top secret clearance. That's ALMOST A MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING US. That's an immense amount of manpower, that's about 1/300th of the US population. There's a lot they can do.
Dang good thing im not a terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies