Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times

Advertisements

No, that's just cognitive dissonance on your part. Don't even bother trying to pretend you're in a position to declare what's what.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:38 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Yet YOUR scientists dismiss OUR scientists all the time. And folks like you go even further, denigrating our side's scientists, sometimes pretty viciously.

Science is an ongoing process of discovery of how the physical universe works. There are ongoing arguments about quantum theory, string theory, and global warming theory. It is YOUR side that has declared the AGW argument is over, and furthermore, your side has changed the definition of climate change, equating it with global warming, even though "change" means hotter AND colder, aka "different".
That is because what few so called scientists that are deniers are bought and paid for by the fossil fuel companies.

Quote:
A think tank partly funded by Exxon Mobil sent letters to scientists offering them up to $10,000 to critique findings in a major global warming study released Friday which found that global warming was real and likely caused by burning fossil fuels.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Old 04-16-2014, 01:48 PM

702 posts, read 727,133 times
I don't even get what is behind "normal" citizens trying to say human activity isn't affecting the environment. Unless you work for petrochemical companies why ISN'T reducing waste, finding renewable energy sources, and reducing chemical emissions in the air and water a good thing? They seem like the kind of people who would burn tires on Arbor Day just to stick it nature. Why all the rancor towards conservation and improving our planet?

Taking man-made climate change out of it, why all the fervor? What did a tree ever do to you?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:23 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,713 times
Quote:
Meaningless to denialists, yes. To a denialist, anything that parrots Republican garbage is science and science that doesn't parrot Republican garbage is a hoax.
Calm down..Calm down...To all the Global warming cults out there don't worry if global warming is hoax. You can still have meaning to your lying pathetic lives. Get a career in sales I can always use good low life salesman.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Need someone to read your tabloids to you?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,713 times
Quote:
Need someone to read your tabloids to you?
If you do I'll pay you minimum wage.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
I don't even get what is behind "normal" citizens trying to say human activity isn't affecting the environment. Unless you work for petrochemical companies why ISN'T reducing waste, finding renewable energy sources, and reducing chemical emissions in the air and water a good thing?
Because liberals.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
"Freeman John Dyson FRS is an English-born American theoretical physicist and mathematician, famous for his work in quantum electrodynamics, solid-state physics, astronomy and nuclear engineering."

To answer your question, climate changes was not his expertise. He is a brilliant man, but it seems like his issues with climate change studies is he doesn't approve of the computer information that scientists are using to calculate their numbers.
Then you failed to note that in the article it stated that 30 years ago he was already studying climate change, so yes, it IS in his area of expertise, with 30 years of experience.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Then you failed to note that in the article it stated that 30 years ago he was already studying climate change, so yes, it IS in his area of expertise, with 30 years of experience.
If you would like I can try and find the interview transcript where Dyson himself said he wasn't an expert in climate change. Though I am not discrediting any research he has done in it or his understanding of climate change. Dyson himself has even stated climate change is happening through global warming.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
That's a blog. Anyone can write anything in a blog. I don't take a denialist making claims on his blog any more seriously than I do a denialist making claims on a message board. All your post tells me is that some other denialist (who I watched get taken apart on another board some years ago, as it happens) is saying the same things you are. Big deal. I already know denialists say things, what I'd like is evidence these claims have merit. Showing me other denialists making the same claims doesn't constitute this evidence.

But don't let that stop you from shilling your blog.
Quodd erat demonstratum est!!!!! Which is why I dont believe half the stuff written on THIS blog site. The LIBERAL half!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies