Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 09:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The WH is not releasing it, the Senate is, and yes, ever since 2009 the WH has brushed the torture of the previous admin under the carpet, and promised there will be no legal action. This week Kerry called and said he was not happy with the release of it.
You are correct that it's the Senate releasing it, but saying the WH has "been trying to prevent the report from being released" is contradicted by what's stated in the article in the NY Times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 09:21 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
"U.S. Marines are on heightened alert. So are the CIA and the White House, for that matter."

Senate report: CIA misled public on torture - CNN.com

It is easy to sit behind a computer and express the fake outrageous, bring the troops home and you can release whatever you want to release.

Politicians turn my stomach and make me sick.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
I haven't read the full thread yet but I don't get it. Why is the CIA releasing this info knowing it could potentially put our military personnel at risk?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:32 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I haven't read the full thread yet but I don't get it. Why is the CIA releasing this info knowing it could potentially put our military personnel at risk?
Because people with no grasp on reality are now running the show. Ask any Military or Intelligence officer out there if they think this is a good idea. No country in the world would do something so stupid.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You are correct that it's the Senate releasing it, but saying the WH has "been trying to prevent the report from being released" is contradicted by what's stated in the article in the NY Times.
Your article says this: "The White House acknowledged that the report could pose a “greater risk†to American installations and personnel in countries like Pakistan, Yemen, Egypt, Libya and Iraq".

They have covered for CIA since 2009 and assured no one will stand trial for anything. If someone asks about transparency, the only thing they can say is they support transparency.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:34 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your article says this: "The White House acknowledged that the report could pose a “greater risk†to American installations and personnel in countries like Pakistan, Yemen, Egypt, Libya and Iraq".
You're going to cherry pick my quote back to me? Why did you leave out the second sentence? It says, "But it said that the government had months to plan for the reverberations from its report — indeed, years — and that those risks should not delay the release of the report by the Senate Intelligence Committee."

Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Do you really not care at all that your country has used torture on prisoners? We're supposed to be better than that, aren't we?
I keep asking what torture?

Waterboarding is not torture so let me ask again; what torture?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:42 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh noes! The republicans don't want this politicized!

People should have been charged over this stuff. People should be in prison.
Much better in your opinion to have ISIS behead more Americans, huh? Perhaps you'll volunteer to offer your neck next if the U.S. stops torturing enemies to acquire valuable info for our country's and citizens' defense.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is concern that this will help the extremist cause as was the case with Abu Ghraib Prison in Iraq. I still feel the American people have a right to know, not the best time for release it should have been done months ago. I am sure it has to do with the incoming changing of the guard and the fact that it will never see the light of day next month.
No, it's a distraction from Grubergate. Gruber is testifying before Congress today.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:59 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Because it deflects attention from the Gruber hearings which are highly damaging to Dems!

Too much of a coincidence they released it just minutes after the Gruber congressional hearing started,
So now the media will cover the CIA reports which are damaging to Repubs instead.

Rep Cummings (big Dem) opened the Gruber hearing saying how upset he was that the Gruber fallout gave the Repubs a huge PR campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies