Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 05:54 PM

57,413 posts, read 26,310,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How can you give a trial to someone who does not follow our rules?
Which rules, our rules in Iraq or Afghanistan, they haven't tried them in 10 years, since when do we torture people or incarcerate them because we think they might be bad. They should have either been convicted of freed years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 05:58 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Which rules, our rules in Iraq or Afghanistan, they haven't tried them in 10 years, since when do we torture people or incarcerate them because we think they might be bad. They should have either been convicted of freed years ago.
Our ROE, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about...just like the laws of war are not the same as the laws of you driving down the street and getting pulled over...

Glad you approve of other Americans being killed over this....maybe we should tell the terrorist they have to obey by our ROE....that will tell them....

Old 12-09-2014, 05:59 PM

170 posts, read 134,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volts View Post
I support torture because OIF.....'NUFF said!
ISIS feels that torture is necessary and so do you. So what makes the USA any better? John McCain has said all along that torture is not in the USA's best interests. He was tortured in Vietnam, a hawk and a Republican so I guess he would be considered an authority on the issue.

If the World Court at the Hague had brass balls, Bush and Cheney would have been charged with war crimes long ago. It's it funny how the socalled good guys can commit crimes against humanity and use all types of excuses why it's a good thing to do.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:04 PM

592 posts, read 415,296 times
They experienced physical discomfort. You call it torture.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,850,635 times
Quote:
Our ROE, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about...just like the laws of war are not the same as the laws of you driving down the street and getting pulled over...

Glad you approve of other Americans being killed over this....maybe we should tell the terrorist they have to obey by our ROE....that will tell them....
Obviously not in the rules, since the report stated the CIA was purposely misleading Congress and attempted to hide some techniques. Even if in the rules, the rules were wrong, simple as that.

The US is suppose to be the beacon on the hill in the world, a standard in which the world looks at up, this torture in my opinion counters every American value there is. The items described in this report are the same, or worst, items the US and West have condemned other countries of doing in the past.

Would we want our troops treated like this? Would we want any American treated like this? Of course not. We Americans are suppose to above this stuff. As far as I am concerned, we are above this stuff, a few bad actors to me does not define the US and its values.

Those who approved this should be prosecuted.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,288,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I remember Mancow (he's a Chicago area "shock jock" who is definitely not a liberal) was voluntarily waterboarded several years ago. He last about five seconds, then said afterwards that "it was definitely torture."

I think the people saying "Waterboarding isn't torture" have never actually seen it.
The torture supporter Hannity volunteered, but then chickened out. Why are right-wingers so cowardly and lacking in integrity?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:14 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,306,911 times
There is nothing in the report that rises to a historical definition of torture. This is nothing but politics - dems and their nutjob ally McCain trying to blame the victim - us - while absolving the murderers.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:15 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Obviously not in the rules, since the report stated the CIA was purposely misleading Congress and attempted to hide some techniques. Even if in the rules, the rules were wrong, simple as that.

The US is suppose to be the beacon on the hill in the world, a standard in which the world looks at up, this torture in my opinion counters every American value there is. The items described in this report are the same, or worst, items the US and West have condemned other countries of doing in the past.

Would we want our troops treated like this? Would we want any American treated like this? Of course not. We Americans are suppose to above this stuff. As far as I am concerned, we are above this stuff, a few bad actors to me does not define the US and its values.

Those who approved this should be prosecuted.
So lets release things, right or wrong, that endanger our troops even more?

Also, it not all about the troops....who were the last few people with their heads chopped off? They were not troops....

Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 PM

592 posts, read 415,296 times
You have a choice. You either talk or you get water boarded. I don't see that as torture. If that is torture, what about putting somebody under a hot light?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 PM

13,698 posts, read 9,030,868 times
Quote:
So lets release things, right or wrong, that endanger our troops even more?

Also, it not all about the troops....who were the last few people with their heads chopped off? They were not troops....
Yet, could you give some examples? After all, these terrorists began 'chopping off heads' a couple of years ago, long before this report. Terrorists are always after American troops, even back in the Reagan era.

I simple don't understand 'even more'. Were they 'holding back' all this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies