Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 04:59 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I would say "well, it's a shame our government thought it was wise to torture those people."

Lots of people do die, who don't "deserve" to, because of the hubris, stupidity or evil acts of other people. All the more reason to bind the government from committing as much hubris, stupidity and evil as we can.

If innocent Americans are threatened because of the disclosures, we could always do what we should be doing anyway; send the torturers and their superiors to face trial before an international tribunal.
You would trust an international tribunal to try people who killed American citizens?

Congratulations, you may have won moonbat of the year with that asinine thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 04:59 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Feinstein, Pelosi and Reid...idiots. We should sing *** ba ya with the terrorists, make nice while they torture and behead Americans. Right.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:02 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
However, these atrocities don't mean that [McCain's] is the only valid opinion on torture.
They do mean that he knows what he is talking about on the subject, and his critics don't.

Find an apologist for torture and he is always--always--a coward. Rush Limbaugh. Dick Cheney. Michael Savage. Ad infinitum.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You would trust an international tribunal to try people who killed American citizens?
I would ONLY trust an international tribunal. An jury of inbred Middle American swine would be even more hopelessly credulous than O.J. Simpson's L.A. jury.

ETA: You may have misunderstood me. I was referring to CIA interrogators and their superiors, up to and including the former president, being sent to The Hague, and hopefully put away for life.

Last edited by djacques; 12-09-2014 at 05:13 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 05:12 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Feinstein, Pelosi and Reid...idiots. We should sing *** ba ya with the terrorists, make nice while they torture and behead Americans. Right.
Ah, you forgot Senator McCain. An honest mistake, no doubt.

To refresh your memory, he was shot down over Vietnam and endured five years of torture.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...So what happens the next time the chop off a head...will you say...they deserved it because of all the torture?

LOL...liberal thinking....

Possibly putting other people lives in danger...glad we have you on the record stating that...is O.K. with you....
Our torture camps are probably what created ISIS to begin with. Remember how torture of our soldiers gets US all fired up?

Old 12-09-2014, 05:14 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I would ONLY trust an international tribunal. An jury of inbred Middle American swine would be even more hopelessly credulous than O.J. Simpson's L.A. jury.
Well, Mr. Gruber, you are entitled to your opinion of the American people.

Forgive me if I trust them over a panel of Iranians to pass judgment on some terrorists.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, Mr. Gruber, you are entitled to your opinion of the American people.

Forgive me if I trust them over a panel of Iranians to pass judgment on some terrorists.
If I get lucky, one of them will set foot in the wrong country and get the full Pinochet/Milosevic/Eichmann treatment. That'd be a banner day in my life, to be sure!

Old 12-09-2014, 05:35 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You just dropped two LOL's in a post about beheadings...Not me. Apparently you think this is funnier than I do.
Yea, I did...LOL...because you think the end game justifies the means even if Americans have there head chopped off....I have to laugh at that because you are approving Americans being killed....

Quote:
Anyway, knowing the truth supersedes the fallout. I have a right to know what my country did in my name. If they tortured people, I wanna know.
See, my answer above....

Quote:
If you live by the ignorance is bliss creed, that's your business. I roll differently.

No, I live by protecting Americans...obviously you roll against that...

Quote:
As for putting lives in danger, well...Don't send Americans to these hellholes to begin with. And if you do, make sure they conduct themselves properly.
Then all those dems need to be brought up on charges....

Of course, now, you are going to say they were so stupid they could not figure out a lie....and yet you voted them in...again...

Quote:
Will there be anger over these memos? Probably. But that's beside the point.
Glad you approve of Americans possibly being killed....

You cannot make this **** up...that's why I LOL....

Old 12-09-2014, 05:35 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
They just need to be understood. ISIS, Boka Haram and Al Queda are just misunderstood Simpletons that just need to be left alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Someone who actually has been tortured considers Waterboarding torture. Also this report shows it went much further than waterboarding three people.
Do I care when the guys that do this are tortured? I applaud it.
Attached Thumbnails
CIA Torture Report to be released-isi-cruc.jpg   CIA Torture Report to be released-isi-behead.jpg   CIA Torture Report to be released-cruc2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies