Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The entire point is for the GOP to block it so the Democrats can scream "war on women."

The GOP actually shouldn't block it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for the bill, but it's not worth it politically to block it.
No. I understand the "let's give them everything they want and when it effs up the country then we have them" tactic, but it doesn't work.

a) If you go along with it, then when it fails, liberals just say "this was also supported by Republicans!!! SEE!! SEE!!!"

b) Even if it fails, they say "well, that just proves we need more of it." Reference every liberal program ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 07:49 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
No. I understand the "let's give them everything they want and when it effs up the country then we have them" tactic, but it doesn't work.

a) If you go along with it, then when it fails, liberals just say "this was also supported by Republicans!!! SEE!! SEE!!!"

b) Even if it fails, they say "well, that just proves we need more of it." Reference every liberal program ever.
It won't have enough of a negative impact to be worth the political consequences in an election year.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:50 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
The entire point is for the GOP to block it so the Democrats can scream "war on women."

The GOP actually shouldn't block it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for the bill, but it's not worth it politically to block it.

I totally agree with you but our country is in shambles due to these idiots in office and we have let things go too far. The destruction needs to stop , and this country needs to be restored once again to a real AMERICA. The media needs to expose these fools for what they are and hang them high.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:52 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
I totally agree with you but our country is in shambles due to these idiots in office and we have let things go too far. The destruction needs to stop , and this country needs to be restored once again to a real AMERICA. The media needs to expose these fools for what they are and hang them high.
Uh ...you realize the media is on their side, right?

Old 04-12-2014, 07:53 AM

45,431 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:

This guy is correct.

Quote:

You, on the other hand, are not. Please don't become a political strategist for any candidate.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
Uh ...you realize the media is on their side, right?
Unfortunately yes, but there are other outlets and ways to get this out.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
What the FedGov has turned into are harbingers of "social injustice" and they alone are the only ones to fix it with regulations, mandates and punishments.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:21 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I am 100% sure I am the first person on this board to read the entire bill from start to finish. It took 20 minutes, and it is just a load of crock.

First of all, the bill itself is discriminatory. It establishes federal grants for negotiation training programs for women only, and says nothing about negotiation programs for men. Yes, Democrats, some men are actually treated poorly by their employers, are low balled on salaries and could benefit from negotiation training programs.

Secondly, this bill and Democrats continue to vaguely emphasize equal pay for equal work which is WRONG. Do you not understand the factors that go into paying people? If a man and a woman are performing equal work, but the man has a masters degree, the man should make more based on his masters degree. PERIOD. If the woman has the masters, then she should make more. PERIOD.

This bill is nothing more than a government spending program under the guise of a sensationalist name.
I'm not for any bill that promotes discrimination of any kind. Good thing it's going nowhere.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:44 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Of course it's a crock, and the PTB always hope we don't read these bills in their entirety.

Despite the newspeak and happy-talk titles, they're often nefarious in nature.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:12 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Secondly, this bill and Democrats continue to vaguely emphasize equal pay for equal work which is WRONG. Do you not understand the factors that go into paying people? If a man and a woman are performing equal work, but the man has a masters degree, the man should make more based on his masters degree. PERIOD. If the woman has the masters, then she should make more. PERIOD.
Absolutely not. Years ago I ran a shop with 2 part time employees - a high school student and older woman with a Masters. The woman got upset when she found out she was making the same wage as the kid - but if anything the kid was a better worker. She left and the kid got a raise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies