Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times

Advertisements

Today in the news, in Colorado a woman called 911 saying that her husband had used Marijuana/drugs and was hallucinating. Her husband shot and killed her while she was on the line.

Will anyone blame the use of marijuana/drugs for the murder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually, if you were paying attention in the beginning I was talking about both you and the person you are charging being armed. I thought you were on the same page, guess I was wrong.

Also, I am not talking about a license, I am talking about having to pass a test before one can buy a gun. One should know how to properly handle a gun before owning a gun. There are more fatalities by people who do not have military or police training.

LMAO fall back to you trying to look smart here.. I am on the same page , you just dont like it when i make you look like a , well yourself.

If i am armed, i am still able to run , charge , skip , hop, jump , whatever you want to call it . Now if i run towards you with my gun pointed at you then we are talking about a different story... You are just afraid to walk next to someone that is armed ?

You said like driving didnt you? In order to get a drivers license you need to pass a test , since that is a privilege and not a right. One should properly know how to do many things before acquiring many things , but its called reality. People have a choice if being responsible and irresponsible. People have a choice to be stupid or smart. People have the choice to be a law abiding citizen or a criminal. We can go on about that with every aspect in life.

You sound like a dictator.

Can you please provide me with fact sheets and data sheets within a 5 or 10 year study to prove your claims? Last time i checked it seemed like the cops were the ones going wild killing innocent people and military going on some absurd shootouts on base.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:
I would prefer to eliminate the stupid part, an idiot with a gun is a danger to everyone.
So is an idiot with anything else besides a gun ...Yawn

Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
I never said we didn't have training classes for gun owners, I said it isn't a requirement to be trained how to handle a gun before buying one. Someone with no gun experience can legally buy a gun in this country. Also, I know most states you don't need any form of training to get a concealed weapons permit, therefore someone with no gun training can carry a gun with them wherever they go.
Not true at all for the bolded part. I believe EVERY state that permits concealed carry requires a permit that further requires successful completion of training.

Take a look for yourself:

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...formation.html

Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Today in the news, in Colorado a woman called 911 saying that her husband had used Marijuana/drugs and was hallucinating. Her husband shot and killed her while she was on the line.

Will anyone blame the use of marijuana/drugs for the murder?
Good night. How horrible.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is what a liberal looks like in the minds of the radical talk radio right

http://blogdelcalzado.files.wordpres...-cuadros-1.jpg

This is what a liberal looks like to anyone who resides on the Planet Earth

http://thumbs.****/z/const...s-22546987.jpg

I don't know about you, but 99% of liberals I ever met were the type in the second link, not the first hence why gunlover needs to go out more and turn off the radio. I've known many liberals who are not "gun grabbers" but believe you shouldn't have the right to own a minigun or a Hummer with an M2 mounted on top but otherwise believe in the 2nd Amendment

You see a lot of M2s atop Hummers where you live?

As for the stereotype (as if liberals don't have and promote stereotypes of conservatives), your "gunlover" comment says it all.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Anyone that owns or carries a firearm that they do not know how to use is completely irresponsible and a danger to themselves and everyone around them. This does not mean I support mandatory anything when it comes to guns. I prefer ignorant fools having guns than bureaucratic control over any aspect of firearms. A person can control their own guns but the bureaucrats are forced to control everyone's guns. That is not a good situation.

Lack of training may be related to changes in our culture. Gun ignorance may be more prevalent as fewer children are given basic firearms training before they are 10 years old. I was taught the basics at 10 and attended a Hunter's Safety course at 13. I was living in New York State at time.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And we're here to help you.
And we're glad you came.

El Nox

Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
LMAO fall back to you trying to look smart here.. I am on the same page , you just dont like it when i make you look like a , well yourself.

If i am armed, i am still able to run , charge , skip , hop, jump , whatever you want to call it . Now if i run towards you with my gun pointed at you then we are talking about a different story... You are just afraid to walk next to someone that is armed ?

You said like driving didnt you? In order to get a drivers license you need to pass a test , since that is a privilege and not a right. One should properly know how to do many things before acquiring many things , but its called reality. People have a choice if being responsible and irresponsible. People have a choice to be stupid or smart. People have the choice to be a law abiding citizen or a criminal. We can go on about that with every aspect in life.

You sound like a dictator.

Can you please provide me with fact sheets and data sheets within a 5 or 10 year study to prove your claims? Last time i checked it seemed like the cops were the ones going wild killing innocent people and military going on some absurd shootouts on base.
You didn't know I was talking about two people being armed, so no you weren't on the same page.

If you charge someone, that implies at them not running away.

Nope, not afraid of someone with a gun, I just don't know if they had any training on how to handle a gun, for all I know the person is an idiot who has no idea who to properly handle a gun.

You have to take a driving test before you can legally drive, you just assumed I was only taking about a license which I am not.

Wanting people to be trained on how to use a firearm makes me sound like a dictator? That's random.

How many people die each year in gun related accidents? If you think the only people doing the shooting are cops, then you are misinformed.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Not true at all for the bolded part. I believe EVERY state that permits concealed carry requires a permit that further requires successful completion of training.

Take a look for yourself:

Concealed Carry Permit Information By State
The link doesn't work too well on my phone, so I will check it out later. I will take your word for it, some states do not require training, but all states should. I know Washington doesn't require any training to get a concealed carry permit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies