Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:13 PM

878 posts, read 737,288 times

Advertisements

This will kill his career if this is true but in all actuality, it probably is true. Hollywood is a cesspool of people in positions like Singer who use their power and influence exploiting kids to sex and drugs for thei own debauchery. Even Shirley Temple had some pervert/producer expose himself to her when she was 11. That was about 75 years ago.

'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing underage boy - MSN Movies News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,397 times
Sounds like a case of blackmail for financial gain. This guy claims when he was 17 years old back in 1998 was forcibly seduced by Singer? Why did it take him so long to come forward? Because he was waiting for Singer to become successful? Also, the age of consent in HI is 16.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Sounds like a case of blackmail for financial gain. This guy claims when he was 17 years old back in 1998 was forcibly seduced by Singer? Why did it take him so long to come forward? Because he was waiting for Singer to become successful? Also, the age of consent in HI is 16.
Maybe he has been dealing with the pain all those years and has built the courage to exploit this. Kind of like the boys that were molested by Sandusky.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:45 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Another article says that the abuse began when the victim was 15 and that he went to the authorities many years ago but they never investigated. A lot of the abuse happened in California. Man details abuse claims against 'X-Men' director - MSN Movies News
Quote:
A man who claims he was sexually abused by "X-Men" franchise director Bryan Singer said Thursday that he reported the molestation to authorities at the time, and he does not know why charges were never pursued.
With his voice occasionally wavering, Michael Egan III described abuse he said began when he was 15 years old at the hands of Singer and others. He told of being plied with drugs and promises of Hollywood fame while also enduring threats and sexual abuse in Hawaii and Los Angeles over several years.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Another article says that the abuse began when the victim was 15 and that he went to the authorities many years ago but they never investigated. A lot of the abuse happened in California. Man details abuse claims against 'X-Men' director - MSN Movies News
There is a lot of power in Hollywood so sweeping this under the rug and doesn't surprise me. Child star Corey Feldman exposed this sort of thing happening a few years ago.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,732 times
I hope this not true, but......SoCal was my sales territory for a number of years, and I always heard rumors from customers about the endemic predatory child molestations of certain Hollywood elites. Now, rumors do not equal truth and I acknowledge that, but this oddly didn't surprise me. However, I do like Bryan Singer's movies and hope this is untrue.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:27 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Marc Collins-Rector, founder of Digital Entertainment Network was the owner of the house in Encinio, CA where much of the abuse was said to take place. Michael Egan was one of a number of boys who sued Rector years ago and accused him of abuse. Rector was found guilty of transporting minors across state lines for sex. Prior to his conviction he fled to Spain after resigning from his company, along with his boyfriend.
USATODAY.com - Ex-DEN executive admits transporting minors for sex

Here's something from 2009 where Bryan Singer's boyfriend talks about one of their infamous "pool parties" with young men.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thelostbo...big_gay_soiree

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-17-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Old 04-17-2014, 08:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
For anyone who works in, or has worked in the entertainment industry. This should not come as a surprise.

In fact...this should come as a surprise to nobody.

My original post from 2011.

Pedophilia in Hollywood - Primetime Nightline on ABC - Corey Feldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm going to watch the program to see what he has to say.

Of course there's only so much he CAN actually divulge because there's an unspoken code of "honor" that you never speak out publicly about anyone in the industry if you're "in" the industry.

Like the old saying goes... "you'll never work in this town again"...

There are others who have made the same claims as he has.

There's so much garbage going on in Hollywood that if people really knew what the truth is, there'd be a congressional investigation.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-17-2014 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Added quote

Old 04-17-2014, 09:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Although this is terrible. Nothing truly surprises me anymore in the least. Sad thing is if you can think it, probably has happened.

I live here and know that Hollywood is a joke. Sometimes it takes a number of years, before coming forward in cases such as this. Sometimes the victims keep their feelings inwards until they are old enough to understand and mature to understand what has happened to them. Such as in many cases where boys were molested by Priest.

You can imagine it, I am sure it is happening somewhere. And that is sad.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,172 times
He has done it many times before. But in Hollywood this is good behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies