Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM

30,351 posts, read 23,822,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
aww wook at the wittle puppy wuppy!!! and look at the victims of pit bulls

I'm not a mean dog, I was just bred that way, honest!
Oh please, you proved nothing. Show us the facts that those came from a pitbull...and I mean an actual pitbull, not what some people THINK is a pitbull.

(You think owners know their dogs? Go to the dog forum...just right here on CD you see people ask what kind of dog they have.)

For every "pitbull" attack photo that you show, I can show you a photo of an attack, (verified, as well), from a different breed dog. I can also show you how small dogs, those "cute little purse dogs" have KILLED.

So spare me the ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 AM

30,351 posts, read 23,822,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At one time I actually liked dogs. Then a moron moved next door with, I believe, 9 pit bulls. They bark constantly. He has been told to shut his dogs up repeatedly. The cops have been over there an untold number of times. They guy doesn't GET that he has no right to ruin people's lives with his mangy-ass fleabag mutts. Next step is a lawsuit. I'm recording the disturbances each day.

I'll never own another dog. And I don't care if it's not the dog's fault. Someone without a dog cannot have their dog bark. Outlaw dogs!
Your problem should not be with the dogs. Your problem should be with the idiot owner of those dogs. Just as with everything else, it's not the dogs, not the gun, not the car, that is the problem. The problem is moronic imbecilic people.

The guy is a total dbag. HE is the cause of the problem, not the dogs.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:36 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,848 times
Quote:

These are obviously NOT GOOD pictures. However, they are irrelevant to the topic of this thread, which I remind you, is ... Pit Bull Causes Cop To Shoot Himself.

El Nox

Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hunting with dogs is a sport many enjoy.

It is great to see good dogs work.
Not my idea of sport or fun.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:48 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,889,396 times
Quote:

The cop could just as easily have shot one of the kids, since they were in the protective range of the dog.

Providence intervened.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,396,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
I did not think I would like it.

Then hubby got Rip....and I got into the competitive side of it.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
BTW....the dogs love it.

All we have to say is, "go hunting"....and it is on.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,964,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't go fox hunting so wouldn't know. Hunters do use their dogs to "scare" certain prey into the open. How horrible. Folks learned to do that so they wouldn't starve back in the day. Of course you would probably scream at them for doing so then too right? LOL

Actually you would probably be begging for some scraps off their table or screaming not fair back then too right? They would sick their dogs on you I'm sure.
Ah you're cute! My family hunts and we don't use dogs, this is why I was wondering!

I can take care of myself, I save the scraps for my dogs.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:41 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,964,672 times
Quote:
It is thrilling to hear your dogs work for a houndsman.

Most of the time around here the goal is to tree the bear.....very few kill permits are given out.

When you know your dog you know their voice from the rest.....you know their different voices...the tracking...the chase and the howl at the tree.
Guess the thrill is great for the dogs, how about the treed animal. I don't see the need today to use dogs for hunting.

What happens when a hunters dog gets loose and chases wildlife........ guess who gets the blame, would it be the whole breed!

Quote:
BTW....the dogs love it.

All we have to say is, "go hunting"....and it is on.
I can say this to mine and even if they were chasing squirrel they'd be up for it. Instead I ask "want to go walking" you ought to see them run!

Old 04-22-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess the thrill is great for the dogs, how about the treed animal. I don't see the need today to use dogs for hunting.

What happens when a hunters dog gets loose and chases wildlife........ guess who gets the blame, would it be the whole breed!
First our kennels are the best money can buy.

Our dogs don't chase wildlife.....they know better. (unless they are put on a sent)

They won't even look at a deer twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies