Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times

Advertisements

“This nonsense about the separation of church and state has gotten way, way beyond the bounds of what the Founders of our Constitution thought,” Robertson opined. “We’re under assault by militant Islamists, militant atheists, secularists, those who want to destroy all the fabric of faith in our society. And the great freedoms we have found on our belief in God.”

The TV preacher later blamed the “elites” for mistakenly thinking that “we just cannot be intolerant of Islamic people, their faith is as good as anybody else’s faith. And they’re entitled to express their views. They’re entitled to have their call to worship out of their mosque. They’re entitled to do this and do that and do the other.”

Pat Robertson: Stop the church-state separation ‘nonsense’ before atheists take over everything

Poor Pat. He hates America because we won't be intolerant of other faiths. He really needs to go find some nice theocracy to live out the rest of his days in intolerant bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
The near cynics that set up our Republic knew well the excess that a Church dominated government could achieve. They and their immediate ancestors lived through some of them. These people separated the secular government from the faith based church for very good reason.

IMHO - If the government can use "God's Will" to justify its actions all manner of evil will be implemented. If the church can use the coercion of government to force belief even worse evil will ensue. Faith and force must be kept separate.

Mr. Robinson, like so many males of my generation, have seen the power and privilege of their father's and themselves be eroded by people that do not share their faith (agnostics/atheists), feminists that have the gall to think women are real people and equal rights supporters that think the same about people of color or other religions. The old men as well as some of their weaker sons, are frightened by the new world where they have to compete for money, power and privilege instead of having these be an automatic attribute of their money, sex and color.

I understand these emotional weaklings but I do not sympathize with their loss of a immoral Nirvana.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:14 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times
He's just angry there are more and more people he can't bully by claiming to speak for God in order to give him money to expand his personal fortune. That people are wising up to televangalists abusing the word of Jesus in order to dupe others.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
I can't wait to celebrate when this old Devil of a man finally dies. That will be a good day on Earth.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:19 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The near cynics that set up our Republic knew well the excess that a Church dominated government could achieve. They and their immediate ancestors lived through some of them. These people separated the secular government from the faith based church for very good reason.

IMHO - If the government can use "God's Will" to justify its actions all manner of evil will be implemented. If the church can use the coercion of government to force belief even worse evil will ensue. Faith and force must be kept separate.

Mr. Robinson, like so many males of my generation, have seen the power and privilege of their father's and themselves be eroded by people that do not share their faith (agnostics/atheists), feminists that have the gall to think women are real people and equal rights supporters that think the same about people of color or other religions. The old men as well as some of their weaker sons, are frightened by the new world where they have to compete for money, power and privilege instead of having these be an automatic attribute of their money, sex and color.

I understand these emotional weaklings but I do not sympathize with their loss of a immoral Nirvana.
So well said - thanks

I'm not christian nor was I raised one and I find more and more people trying to cram their beliefs down my throat. I was taught that what ever faith you do have should be a private thing, not inflicted on others.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I can't wait to celebrate when this old Devil of a man finally dies. That will be a good day on Earth.
Wow.....talk about intolerance......

Old 04-25-2014, 08:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
When it comes to Pat Robertson, I am very intolerant of that worthless piece of trash who steals people's money in the name of religion. I have met him in person before and I have no problem celebrating his death, which if there is such a thing as Heaven and Hell, he will be spending his days in Hell.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:28 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I disagree about wishing someone was dead, and in my opnion he will spend time in Hell for perverting God's word, but it's not intolerance to dislike people for bad things they do. People aren't intolerant for disliking those who rape, attack others, or (in Pat's case) fleece thousands of people of their money in the name of religion for his personal gain.

People don't get a pass on doing bad things just because of the faith they claim to be.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
When it comes to Pat Robertson, I am very intolerant of that worthless piece of trash who steals people's money in the name of religion. I have met him in person before and I have no problem celebrating his death, which if there is such a thing as Heaven and Hell, he will be spending his days in Hell.
he will end up at the purgatory fork on the road to heaven, I bet he will be leading the masses to the devils trough..

Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

IMO if the government was using God's will we wouldn't be meddling in the affairs of other nations, and killing people with drones because, or propping up regimes in the name of profit, greed and special interests. Yes, I'm Christian, and yes I still think that we should keep church and state separate. I don't want a state mandated religion, because who's version is it, and how will they twist it? Man especially when given power does tend to twist things and do things in "God's name" to suit his agenda.

Quote:
That's a bit harsh. While I may not agree with the man, I don't wish death on anyone.

Quote:
I'm sure God will have something to say about it for sure. Remember what Jesus did in regards to the money changers in the temples! Yeah, I'm pretty sure God won't be too happy with Pat either. But I'll let Him be the judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
he will end up at the purgatory fork on the road to heaven, I bet he will be leading the masses to the devils trough..

Possible. I can buy into the whole purgatory thing. And to me it also sounds a lot like reincarnation. My wife's head almost explodes when I try and tell her that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies