Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do burglars deserve death?
Yes 156 59.77%
No 105 40.23%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 06:51 PM

86 posts, read 72,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then what were they?
Or perhaps the gun was modified, there was no recoil at all.

Quote:
Well, by all means........what is your destination of a "double tap"?
Shooting quickly two consecutive times. It seems as though if the barrel of the gun is being forced directly towards the sky because of the recoil, it would be hard to double tap, unless you're the Terminator or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 06:53 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Depends on the shot and load. Yes it can and is a weapon that you got to practice with. It will shot a 4 inch Hole plus the spatter. One of the most feared weapons to a would be Criminal.
(Very messy to clean up after the fact)

Old 03-04-2015, 06:55 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
[quote=Oldhag1;34693667]I don't think that they "deserve" death, but I do think they are putting themselves in a position to be justifiably shot or killed.[/Q

Have to agree!

Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheOtherSide View Post

Shooting quickly two consecutive times. It seems as though if the barrel of the gun is being forced directly towards the sky because of the recoil, it would be hard to double tap, unless you're the Terminator or something.
There is recoil in mine, but it's controllable. It just takes practice. Your definition is close enough.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:03 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
I think one of his big this was to use non-modified guns.....

Quote:
You do know what a flash hider, brake, or what ever they decide to call them now (hell they have more names than global warming), that redirects gasses while shooting to effectively reduce recoil given you better "on target" acquisition.

Hell, they make them for .22 rifles and pistols for better site pictures faster....

Old 03-04-2015, 07:10 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
1.) I don't believe a shotgun can be double tapped.
Expression. Slang for "shoot the bad guy." And I could easily double tap with a 12 gauge.
Quote:
2.) I still would rather try and sneak up on him, if he's also armed with a bullet proof vest, Russian grenades, fully automatics, and a 40... I don't want to give him time to get into position.
What kind of "thief" rocks kevlar, Russian grenades, full autos and a 40? You're talking about a hit man/squad. What if they have a forward spotter laser guiding artillery on your pos? What if they drop willie peter mortars on you? Roll in with tanks? I thought this thread was about thieves breaking and entering, not counter insurgency in Fallujah.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Expression. Slang for "shoot the bad guy." And I could easily double tap with a 12 gauge.

What kind of "thief" rocks kevlar, Russian grenades, full autos and a 40? You're talking about a hit man/squad. What if they have a forward spotter laser guiding artillery on your pos? What if they drop willie peter mortars on you? Roll in with tanks? I thought this thread was about thieves breaking and entering, not counter insurgency in Fallujah.
Must be a rough neighborhood.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:15 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
I think one of his big this was to use non-modified guns.....

Yep.....
Quote:
]hat seems to be a very common question! The answer is no. As a matter of fact, Tom's show guns are "right out of the box"! That's a promotion that speaks for its self! When Tom is on World tour for Benelli, he does not "carry his guns with him. The importer from each Country that Tom performs in, buys the Benelli models that Tom will use during his stay, and Tom puts them together "right out of the box" in front of his first audience.
Tom's Gun Page

Old 03-05-2015, 06:16 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Yes

If that thief breaks into my home or car, he deserves to suffer the consequences. He assumed the risk and takes his victim as he finds him, preferably with the ability to impose the ultimate penalty for the intrusion.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
OK well, I'm talking about a normal person with a normal shotgun. Not a specially modified shotgun that's being shot by Robin Hoods grandfather.
So because YOU can't do it you think it's some kind of super human trick? Sorry, but anyone with a small amount of practice can double tap any shotgun. Just because you're limited doesn't mean everyone else is.

Quote:
Don't shotguns have tremendous recoil?
Not necessarily, there is a huge range of loads you can fire from a shotgun, pretty much all of them lethal to a criminal. You know maybe you should actually get out and try shooting before commenting about what is possible or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies