Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 01:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times

Advertisements

Just my opinion. A waitress might make only 2.50 an hour but after all the tip they end up making much more than a retail worker at let say ....Macy's who makes 9 bucks an hour. So if somebody feel like they haven't got good enough service, they should not be "forced" to tip or feel bad about it.
A regular retail worker works just as hard, I would know, and get 0 appreciation. When customers pee in the fitting rooms, throwing clothes all over the place and act rude in general, that is not what they signed up for when working there. I worked at Macys several years ago know but I remember being told not to accept gifts from customer, and that it was grounds for termination. I know retail sucks and I knew taking the job customers can be asses. I took the job anyways because I needed the money.
All im saying is, tip is for good service. If you do your job right you deserve the tip. If you still don't get it then that's too bad. You know the chances of that happening when you took the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 02:12 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Interesting. I've never heard of this standard before. I've always heard that zero percent is standard on a to-go order.
Same here. A person that hands you a to-go order is a cashier, not a "server". The cooks work hard and actually have to know something-I could see a tip if it went to them, but not to the monkey on the cash register.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:30 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Same here. A person that hands you a to-go order is a cashier, not a "server". The cooks work hard and actually have to know something-I could see a tip if it went to them, but not to the monkey on the cash register.
"Monkey on the cash register"? Not nice.

I usually tip if I call in a take out order at a regular dine in restaurant. If there is a dedicated take out section, I don't always tip but if it is picked up at the bar, yes, I do tip. They are providing a service to
put together my order and it is taking time away from potential bar orders. There is a local grill that I get
take out from a couple times a month and whenever I call in an order the bartender has it ready for me when I arrive and gets me out with my food quickly. Every time I give him a couple of bucks...about 20%. It is no big expense and I appreciate the great service.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:31 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed that she should have her lying azz sued. It wasn't Red Lobster's fault, they can't read the minds of everyone that works for them. Had they canned her when her deceipt was they discovered, I would say they should not be named in the suit. But since they condoned this behavior by keeping her on staff-yes, sue their butts too. A message has to be sent that this sort of race-baiting, lying crap can't be tolerated.
I disagree, and you cannot look at this in a vacuum.
Let's not forget that in this current PC environment we are going through, had they fired her, she would have likely sued for racial discrimination. With our racist AG Holder at the helm, they would stand little chance of defending themselves.
Additionally it would not be long before the race shake down merchants like Sharpton & Co were outside chanting, "no justice, no peace". It would take a sizable donation to both NAN & PUSH for them to go away. It still amazes me they get away with it, but with a complicit liberal media, it probably shouldn't.

Many times businesses are caught between a rock and a hard place. Look at what happened with banks and lending institutions who were forced by the government to issue loans to minorities who were at high risk to default. Sure enough they lost their shirts(or more accurately we taxpayers did) and it helped lead to the houseing crisis that plunged us into the recession.

So don't be so quick to throw Red Lobster under the bus because of the unlawful actions of one employee.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:34 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Vector, I agree with you but I do throw Red Lobster under the bus on this one. They should have fired the employee for POSTING the receipt. That should happen to ANY employee who posts a customer's receipt.

Corporations need to start standing up to agitators like AS and JJ.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This little con artist will be paying for this stunt for a long time. Who will hire her as a nurse when she cannot even be trusted with a person's credit card receipt?
I live close to a different Red Lobster, but were I in Franklin, I'd deliberately tip her one penny in cash each time I came in. I would not want her thinking I "forgot" the tip. I'd want it to be a message.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:14 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Nonsense. 10% is standard for table service. 0 is standard for a to-go order.
If you are a repeat customer, how do you enjoy your fecally contaminated food?

Old 05-26-2014, 07:51 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Additionally it would not be long before the race shake down merchants like Sharpton & Co were outside chanting, "no justice, no peace". It would take a sizable donation to both NAN & PUSH for them to go away. It still amazes me they get away with it, but with a complicit liberal media, it probably shouldn't.

Many times businesses are caught between a rock and a hard place. Look at what happened with banks and lending institutions who were forced by the government to issue loans to minorities who were at high risk to default. Sure enough they lost their shirts(or more accurately we taxpayers did) and it helped lead to the houseing crisis that plunged us into the recession.

So don't be so quick to throw Red Lobster under the bus because of the unlawful actions of one employee.
You are so wrong on so many issues.

Al Sharpton doesn't just pop up out of no where to deal with a civil rights issue. There has to be an invitation made by the victim. You need to ask questions before you start saying or writing what is going to happen.

Politics has nothing to do with the case. President Obama and Eric Holder should not be brought in to the discussion.

What does the housing crisis and equal opportunity lending have to do with anything.

Just say what the situation is. If she did write the slur on the receipt, she was wrong. To involve a backwards dig into political affiliations and involve people who don't have anything to do with the issue is a waste and says more about you than it does the people you are writing about.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:41 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Does anyone honestly take these kinds of allegations seriously anymore? It seems whenever there is a blatant case of bigotry exposed in the media, there is almost always a hoaxer or misinterpretation of the basic facts directly behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Al Sharpton doesn't just pop up out of no where to deal with a civil rights issue. There has to be an invitation made by the victim. You need to ask questions before you start saying or writing what is going to happen.
Really? So you think a 15 year old came up with this hoax all on her own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If you are a repeat customer, how do you enjoy your fecally contaminated food?
Anyone tampering with food this way should be horsewhipped.

Seriously... Don't like the wages you earn as a waitress? Then maybe you should go back to school and learn some marketable skills rather than misdirecting your failure at life by poisoning others.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This little con artist will be paying for this stunt for a long time. Who will hire her as a nurse when she cannot even be trusted with a person's credit card receipt?
Ask Tawana Brawley.

Tawana Brawley begins to repay prosecutor she accused
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies