Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wikipedia? Try this article if you want to know what really happened. The Truth About the Valerie Plame Case Finally Emerges
OKAY, you don't like Wikipedia. How about this source? "WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage acknowledged Thursday that he was the source who first revealed the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame to syndicated columnist Robert Novak back in 2003, touching off a federal investigation."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/08/leak.armitage/

'The truth"? Not hardly!
Look up Richard Armitage.

I guess you "forgot" that when Novak's article came out none other then big leftie Andria Mitchell said on meet the press, "EVERYBODY in Washington knows she is with the CIA".

Maybe you should read your OWN article, "In January 2004, the Justice Department chose prosecutor Patrick J. Fitzgerald to investigate the leak of Valerie Plame's identity. From the outset, he was made fully aware that the leaker was Armitage,".

So, a question for you. If Fitzgerald KNEW going in who first "leaked" her name, WHY did he proceed with a 2 year investigation to find out who "leaked" her?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-26-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 09:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Who went to prison for divulging classified information? The jury found Libby guilty of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements but Bush issued him a Grant of Executive Clemency that commuted the prison terms. Did someone else go to prison that I'm not aware of?
Certainly this is not a serious question, right?

Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Keeping with USG Policy, someone in the White House should be charged and sent to prison for divulging classified information.
To be fair......yes there were calls for that but the only charges that were actually filed were over lying about it. I'm sure sooner or later that will happen though.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Certainly this is not a serious question, right?
Why isn't it? Nobody was charged for divulging any information.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:02 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why isn't it? Nobody was charged for divulging any information.
What exactly are you referring to? I realize the thread has been diverted to a Scooter Libby/Valerie Plame discussion.....but my point is that the White House divulged classified information and that alone is worth a trip to prison in accordance with a preponderance of case precedent over many decades.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
What exactly are you referring to? I realize the thread has been diverted to a Scooter Libby/Valerie Plame discussion.....but my point is that the White House divulged classified information and that alone is worth a trip to prison in accordance with a preponderance of case precedent over many decades.
I can't recall when it's ever happened. It might be the law but I certainly don't recall it happening. Charges never get filed against those enforcing the laws.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Are you trying to say that an accidental leaking is as bad as an intentional, vindictive leak? If so, that's pretty funny and sad that people can think in such narrow, political tracks that they can't see the difference. Sure, someone should (and probably is) being held accountable over the slip-up but it's hardly comes up to the level of a scandal like when Valerie Plame was purposely outed.
Sure--lot's of people called for Cheney's head on platter. Of course, none of them were Republicans. Besides--he was able to blame Scooter Libby and let him take the fall. Scumbag.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sure--lot's of people called for Cheney's head on platter. Of course, none of them were Republicans. Besides--he was able to blame Scooter Libby and let him take the fall. Scumbag.
Cheney is scum but there is no evidence that he outed anyone. It's stuff like this that is the problem.

Are you arguing for someone's head on a platter in this episode?

Libby did lie.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Are you trying to say that an accidental leaking is as bad as an intentional, vindictive leak? If so, that's pretty funny and sad that people can think in such narrow, political tracks that they can't see the difference. Sure, someone should (and probably is) being held accountable over the slip-up but it's hardly comes up to the level of a scandal like when Valerie Plame was purposely outed.
I don't know. She was outed, but it had no effect on her safety. She was in DC, out of her dangerous job, when the information came out. Compare that to someone still in harm's way. I compare outcome, instead of intent. And incompetence, which this administration has shown time and again, is just as dangerous.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:48 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Who went to prison for divulging classified information? The jury found Libby guilty of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements but Bush issued him a Grant of Executive Clemency that commuted the prison terms. Did someone else go to prison that I'm not aware of?
As the investigator who knew Richard Armitage divulged her identity long before he went after Rove, Cheney, Bush, and ended up with Scooter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies