Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 11:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Conservatives are the ones playing politics here. Sorry, but that's the truth.

The President was confronted with an American being held captive whose health was at risk, and he responded to the situation as an emergency. The German doctors who've been treating Bergdahl seem to think he's very fragile, which would support the President's decisions in this case.
Health was at risk????? You bought that??? LMAO...Just STOP already!!!! You will believe ANYTHING this administration tells you won't you?! That's pretty F'd up.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The president has always maintained the right to deal with POWs any way he likes through his role as Commander in Chief and through executive order. Note that the 30 day "law" was not that he had to get permission from congress, only that he had to notify them in advance. So Congress has always recognized the president's power to deal with POWs any way he chose to do so.

I hope the republicans get this in front of the SCOTUS or any other body of law as soon as possible so they can cease tilting windmills and move on to more important matters like repealing Obamacare for the 57th time or creating another hearing on the Benghazi incident. Maybe work on Cantor's budget proposal to defund the VA system to the tune of billions in cuts.

you know, the important stuff.
Again, HE WAS NOT A POW AND WAS NEVER CLASSIFIED AS THAT! Don't you people get tired of running in factless circles?

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
He is coming home. That is the only thing that counts.

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Being ashamed to be an American does not equal being ashamed of your fellow Americans, or ashamed of the President and the things he has done.

I'm ashamed that you are an American. I'm ashamed that Obama is the President.

But I'm not ashamed to be an American, unlike the traitor deserter Bergdahl.

Any honest person can see that difference.
Being ashamed to be an American can equal being ashamed of fellow Americans or of the President. A soldier has to follow orders. When those orders further an American agenda, but don't reflect the ideals of the soldier in question, then the soldier could legitimately be ashamed to be an American.

I'm sorry that you are ashamed that I'm an American. Because I'm incredibly proud to be an American, and to believe in the principles and ideals that are the very bedrock of our nation and society.

And again, shame does not equal a desire to renounce citizenship. Which was the point of my post, a point you ignored. Probably because you can't challenge that point. Oh, well!

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
So to confirm....YOU are saying that the Taliban is NOT a terrorist organization?

Holy crap.
I will note. You understood my reply and I'll assume the question but you refused to answer even after calling someone else out for not answering.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No parsing. The U.S. has never classified Bergdahl as a POW. Period.

The U.S. Military specifically repeatedly refered to him as a deserter and even though knowing where he was, chose multiple times to not risk troops to retrieve him. Again, because he was determined to be a deserter.
So how come that there are so many who claim soldiers died specifically looking for him?

Which is it?

The military didn't care because they branded him a deserter?
or is it between 6 to 30 soldiers died directly due to efforts by the military to free him?

Pick one........you can't have both.

Last edited by mohawkx; 06-04-2014 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
He is coming home. That is the only thing that counts.
As long as you paid your electric bill it doesn't matter how you got the money?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Conservatives are the ones playing politics here. Sorry, but that's the truth.

The President was confronted with an American being held captive whose health was at risk, and he responded to the situation as an emergency. The German doctors who've been treating Bergdahl seem to think he's very fragile, which would support the President's decisions in this case.
It would seem he was fragile 5 years ago when he walked off so that isn't saying much.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:50 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Health was at risk????? You bought that??? LMAO...Just STOP already!!!! You will believe ANYTHING this administration tells you won't you?! That's pretty F'd up.
Prove it's not so.

The administration say's it's so.
The German Doctors say it's so.
Who are you to refute their claims?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Deserters have been left behind in the course of every war.
or shot when tried, some even right at their post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies