Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Explain this please.

You'll only make things worse
Take for instance the fact that drugs are illegal. How hard is it to get drugs? After all they are illegal and should be impossible to get right? Because they are illegal, everyone should abide by the rules and you should never see an illegal drug anywhere. Yet, they are practically on every street corner.

Now, with your (hopefully) answer in mind, has making drugs illegal made the whole "drug scene" better or worse? So, would there be any more or less drug use based on legality? I think the answer is, "perhaps at bit." But not much. If someone wants to do drugs, they are going to do drugs.

Now, as for guns, do you honestly think that making guns illegal is going to keep guns out of the hands of people who really want them? And going on the assumption that a criminal does not care if something is legal or illegal (he wouldn't be a criminal if he did), will that change his mindset about guns? So, will he suddenly say, "Gee, I was going to off my neighbor tomorrow, but now that guns are illegal, I guess I won't do it. I wouldn't want to break the law."?

The bottom line is that there are so many guns floating around, you will never get rid of them any more than you will get rid of cars or smartphones. It's a waste of your time to even entertain the idea, just as it was a waste of everybody's time in 1919 when prohibition was getting underway. Nobody gave a damn whether booze was illegal or not. They did it anyway and it became an ongoing joke for over ten years. Not only that, it allowed the criminal element to make an absolute FORTUNE on illegal booze and buy off most politicians that tried to stop them. Al Capone loved people like you. You made him rich.

This gun control thing is a dead end waste of time, effort, and money. You cannot legislate sanity on the part of those who are insane enough to kill. They will find a way, legal or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 05:02 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
I have no law to impose on you,nor me either. I am a responsible gun owner.Are you?. I don't make the laws. You guys attacking me are just fodder for the gun control groups. You sure do give them more weight with your responses. Why can't you guys respond in a civil manner? I started this thread to learn more and i have learned. Some around here seem they don't want anyone to find out more.
You very clearly stated you wanted to close loop holes...what does that mean...more laws....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile
This Loophole needs to be closed. Great way for a criminal or a mental case to get a rifle.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones
I am a responsible gun owner....what does that have to do with what gangs acquire?

No, what we see is a person complaining, claiming that all the gangs have all thees weapons and noting to back up anything.

No, there is no database and there is no way to prove that gangs don't have these 80% lowers.

Now, where is your proof they DO have them?

Some here know what people such as you really want, the ONLY way you are going to restrict 80% lowers is to impose more laws on gun owners that the gang banger just don't care about. That's what you don't want to face....

Old 06-04-2014, 08:32 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
As of now, only John Zawarhi has taken the time and effort to build his own gun to be used in a crime. If there are any others like Versatile's violent gang shootings with DIY weapons, then I'd like to read some information on them.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Why do we need automatic weapons in the USA? Millions of those have been built here in the USA. over 500,000 are fully automatic fire.

I have no idea. Don't you gun enthusiasts know what is happening with these arms?
To secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity and to protect against all who threaten and usurp it. Why should my rights be limited because of emtionalisc people who would rather feel then then think?

Yeah that 500,000 are fully automatic is a damnable lie.

Yes we do know what is happening with these arms, they are being used by citizens to hunt, target shoot, and protection liberty, lives, and property.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Time will tell won't it. Gun enthusiasts won't /can't seem to get a handle on how to get rid of the trash in the sport. When you refuse to budge then someone else will step in and do what you really don't like.
So because we will not give up our rights to appease people who will not stop until the 2nd Amendment exist in name only we are trash?

Because we draw a line in the sand and will hold the line, we are trash?

"When you refuse to budge then "someone" else will step in and do what your really dont like" I think that mind set and the failure, and theft, and rape, and mass murder it produces in more enough to stand fast against any and all infringements.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Quit trying to twist my words. The thread is just about what the thread titles is. The thread will naturally wander a bit. One again. Read my reply to that. I am not focusing on a piece of steel. Most of this is legal to do. Seems you don't want others to get any education about firearms. I definitely learned quite a bit.
Seems shocking to me that 500,00 of these firearms are in the USA. Just what a home grown terrorist will snap up in a second if they have any of the type abilities needed to make one. Totally legal and flying right under us.
Really? Home grown terrorist? Not the Cartel, or Islamic Radicals or North Korean/Chinese Nationals acts as a 5th Column in America, A bunch of Patriots making cheap home made, high quality firearms that you brand as "terrorist" are a issue?

If foreign terrorist want to acquire weapons they will use the black market or countless middle eastern nations that will gladly give them crates of weapons and ammo for free just to see some dead Americans.

And I bet when this happens you and the sheeple of the left will call for more laws that strip the American people of the right of self defense..

Old 06-04-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Who would say such a thing? We need examples. 500,000 Homemade AK's makes a body wonder where they are at. Why aren't they showing up anywhere in crimes etc?
Why do you care where they are?

What right do you have to know?

What reasons do you want to know where they are and who has them?

Ever thought that maybe these weapons made and used legally?

But of course to every leftist every one is a suspect, and guilty until proven innocent.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
That openly wanna be violent non law abiding attitude is what is hurting sensible gun owners.
No what has hurt us is the notion of "go along to get along" "compromise on our rights to save our rights" "ban new machines guns, they will allow us to own our semi autos" is what has hurt us.

We are not violent, we are just no longer compromising on our rights, you dont to be hurt? Dont infringed on our rights..

Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 PM

369 posts, read 392,837 times
What the article doesn't tell you is you must comply with both AWB '89 (922r) AWB '94 (if you live in a State where it didn't sunset) as well as Federal law on possession and ownership. That means you have to be at least 18 years of age to do it and own it. They also don't tell you that the tools to bend a flat and get it into a working firearm are pretty expensive. You need a 20 ton press, drill press, rivet tools, punches, welder, torch and various other tools. (See also the build party)....the bum didn't have his own tools. It's an easy $500-$1000 or more for those. When it's assembled you need at least 6 U.S. parts to comply with 922r regulations.

Just another reporter moron who talks smack and doesn't fill you in with the facts.

I highly doubt he even built the SOB....

He doesn't look or seem the type.

Me thinks he is a "mechanically challenged" metrosexual.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 PM

369 posts, read 392,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
ANY moderately competent machinist, using a power hacksaw, a lathe, and a milling machine, can build ANY gun you want out of scrap metal, making each and every part from scratch.
The easiest would probably be an M3-A1 .45 ACP machine gun. A 1911 .45 automatic would be only slightly more difficult.
Assembled from U.S. parts? Of course; each and every part was MADE right there in his (or her) garage!

Gang members in the 1940s and 1950s used to make .22 caliber Zip guns out of broken automobile radio antennas!

It is really quite easy to make a gun.
ROTFLMFAO......

the BEST colt .45 1911 animation collection ( with labeled parts ) - YouTube!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies