Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 04:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Lol, terrorism. You do know that statistically, an innocent person in the United States has a bigger chance to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

If you support armored vehicles to keep police safe, you surely support armored vehicles for civilian use in case they encounter a crazy with a semi-auto rifle and a bunch of rounds too, right? Democide was the leading killer of humans in the 20th century, it is more than reasonable for private civilians to prepare for tyranny. (I.E. crazy people with military grade weapons.)

Police departments in towns that haven't seen a murder in decades, let alone some sort of heavily armed shooter with military grade equipment, are getting these things.

Uh, more than terrorism does. When you are charged with extra responsibility of carrying a deadly weapon, being a pansy is not a viable excuse for killing an innocent person.
Please see post #140.

Thank you,
Chad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 04:35 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Please see post #140.

Thank you,
Chad.
If that is all you have, I will assume you do not have an argument against what I said. Post #140 does not address anything I said.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:08 PM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Pentagon preparing for mass civil breakdown | Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | theguardian.com

"Social science is being militarized to develop 'operational tools' to target peaceful activists and protest movements"
Quote:
A US Department of Defense (DoD) research programme is funding universities to model the dynamics, risks and tipping points for large-scale civil unrest across the world, under the supervision of various US military agencies. The multi-million dollar programme is designed to develop immediate and long-term "warfighter-relevant insights" for senior officials and decision makers in "the defense policy community," and to inform policy implemented by "combatant commands."

Old 06-13-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Lol, terrorism. You do know that statistically, an innocent person in the United States has a bigger chance to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

If you support armored vehicles to keep police safe, you surely support armored vehicles for civilian use in case they encounter a crazy with a semi-auto rifle and a bunch of rounds too, right? Democide was the leading killer of humans in the 20th century, it is more than reasonable for private civilians to prepare for tyranny. (I.E. crazy people with military grade weapons.)

Police departments in towns that haven't seen a murder in decades, let alone some sort of heavily armed shooter with military grade equipment, are getting these things.

Uh, more than terrorism does. When you are charged with extra responsibility of carrying a deadly weapon, being a pansy is not a viable excuse for killing an innocent person.
But lets take a look at who police are killing. The following link is a list of killings by law enforcement officers in March 2014.
List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, March 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.) Police killed a man who abused his wife and then shot at police.
2.) Police killed a man who threatened them with a replica firearm.
3.) Police killed a man who was shooting at them with a pistol.
4.) Police killed a man following an hours-long standoff and after he threatened to kill officers with a knife.
5.) Police killed a man who fled police and then pulled out a knife on the police.
6.) Police killed a man who attacked 2 people and attacked officers with a knife.
7.) Police killed a man who attacked them with a knife.
8.) Police killed a woman who ran into a police car, and then ran into another police car.
9.) Police killed a man who was walking around with a assault rifle and then pointed a gun at the police.

The above are all listed killings by police in March 2014.

Being a man and a law abiding citizen I believe every shooting above was 100% justified, except for the shooting of the woman listed as #8. Personally I believe women should never be killed.

But the woman was driving in a stolen car and fleeing police. The woman rammed police cars 2 times in a car chase at speeds exceeding 70 mph. And when someone steals cars, runs from police, and runs into police cars, there must be a good chance that person is armed.

UPDATE: Coroner IDs Two Killed in Officer Involved Shootings

The bottom line is all the people listed above broke the law, and then threatened police officers lives.

But the anti-police forum members in this thread, actually appear to want the police to not defend themselves and let criminals shoot or stab them. Or they want the police to run when criminals threaten their lives.

What are the police supposed to do when someone is shooting at them or running towards them with a knife?

And the problem with these police killing statistics is all people police kill are listed (even people shooting at them or trying to stab them with a knife.)

How many innocent people, who follow police officers orders, are killed by the police each year?
I say lightning strikes kill more people each year.

Lightning kills an average of 54 Americans per year.
Lightning Fatalities: Avoid Being One of These Numbers - AccuWeather.com

Try and find a year when police killed 54 innocent people who followed the police officers orders. But from the police killing data I looked at (I say you can't.)

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2014 at 07:02 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:

And there is a problem with regular civilians having armored vehicles. Mass murders could use them to kill massive amounts of people on their killing sprees. And criminals like bank robbers could use them while leaving the scene of a crime.

Remember those 2 bank robbers with full body armor who robbed that bank, they left the bank firing fully automatic weapons. Police on the scene were unable to stop them with their standard issue weapons, imagine if they had a armored vehicle.

1997 North Hollywood Shootout News Coverage - YouTube

And with the threat of Sept 11 style terrorist attacks all police departments need armored vehicles, even small towns that have not seen a shooting in decades.

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2014 at 07:07 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
But lets take a look at who police are killing. It truly appears you have more respect for law breaking citizens than you have for law abiding citizens.

The following link is a list of killings by law enforcement officers in March 2014.
List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, March 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.) Police killed a man who abused his wife and then shot at police.
2.) Police killed a man who threatened them with a replica firearm.
3.) Police killed a man who was shooting at them with a pistol.
4.) Police killed a man following an hours-long standoff and after he threatened to kill officers with a knife.
5.) Police killed a man who fled police and then pulled out a knife on the police.
6.) Police killed a man who attacked 2 people and attacked officers with a knife.
7.) Police killed a man who attacked them with a knife.
8.) Police killed a woman who ran into a police car, and then ran into another police car.
9.) Police killed a man who was walking around with a assault rifle and then pointed a gun at the police.

The above are all listed killings by police in March 2014.

Being a man and a law abiding citizen I believe every shooting above was 100% justified, except for the shooting of the woman listed as #8. Personally I believe women should never be killed, unless they do something like threaten the life of another woman (I fear women and I like them a lot.)

But the woman was driving in a stolen car and fleeing police. The woman rammed police cars 2 times in a car chase at speeds exceeding 70 mph. And when someone steals cars, runs from police, and runs into police cars, there must be a good chance that person is armed.

UPDATE: Coroner IDs Two Killed in Officer Involved Shootings

The bottom line is all the people listed above broke the law, and then threatened police officers lives.

But the anti-police forum members in this thread actually appear, to want the police to not defend themselves and let criminals shoot or stab them. Or they want the police to run when criminals threaten their lives.

What are the police supposed to do when someone is shooting at them or running towards them with a knife?

And the problem with these police killing statistics is all people police kill are listed (even people shooting at them or trying to stab them with a knife.)

How many innocent people, who follow police officers orders, are killed by the police each year?

Lightning kills an average of 54 Americans per year.

Try and find a year when police killed 54 innocent people who followed the police officers orders. But from the police killing data I looked (I say you can't.)

Chad.
STILL does not address what I said. Smh.

That doesn't say anything about tyranny, and where does Wikipedia get their information? A lot of the situations where police kill peaceful people, the official story of the police ALWAYS conflicts with the story of the victim, and a lot of the time it conflicts with video evidence and witness testimony. Something tells me, that the crimes you just listed are the "official story". The fact that you just take it at face value and deem the shootings 100% legitimate without looking into both sides of each one shows your blatant bias and lack of information on the scenarios.

This post does nothing to address that the leading killer over the 20th century was governments killing their own citizens. Governments go tyrannical with stunning regularity throughout history, and the bigger they get, the more likely it becomes. Police are the agents of the government. Who actually used violence with their own hands more, the dictators from history or the police forces they controlled?

By your argument, citizens shouldn't be allowed any arms. It is "dangerous for cops".

You know how many dogs are killed by "scared" police officers every year? Estimates have it in the high hundreds to the thousands.... you know how man cops have been killed by dogs while on duty within the last 50 years? ZERO. It is sad that you don't see the horrific abuses of power by police, your blind faith will be your downfall, as no man is more imprisoned than those who falsely believe they are free.

Quote:
Uh, a lot of times this happens because people LEGALLY refuse to obey ILLEGAL orders from police. Way to pigeon-hole. "Yeah, if you just do what you are told at all times you will be fine." Guess what, people like to flex their rights. This is a "free" country, where you are allowed to disobey police if they are wrong.

The numbers shoot up when you look at innocent people who DON'T follow police orders, which you are not legally obligated to do. It is disgusting that you think police safety legitimizes the killing of innocent people for exercising their rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5Z_OFn5hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSPhC916GQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZMUnAJTuFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rf2OIOxLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMDIK4bOpwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4b7DIM3NJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFNDK8PQGNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Bi_2GBGv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO0EI2t5-jM

And not all police killings are caught on tape, so the official story is all there is... you know what they say, "Dead people tell no tales."

And don't give me the "few bad apples" line, because it is untrue. Police have had over 100 different officers threaten/harass them for pulling over another cop. These ones that are caught on tape blatantly breaking the law are given PAID suspensions until it blows over... the thin blue line is very real.

And this is without getting into the even more rampant problems of cops committing sexual assault, extortion, theft, etc...

It is sad that you stand up for these thugs who beat and kill those they are supposed to "protect and serve". Oh, and I can't even stop paying for this corrupt institution in this "free" country without being thrown in a cage. If I resist my kidnapping, I will be killed. All for the peaceful act of not funding an organization I disagree with.

May your shackles rest lightly on your wrists.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
And there is a problem with regular civilians having armored vehicles. Mass murders could use them to kill massive amounts of people on their killing sprees. And criminals like bank robbers could use them while leaving the scene of a crime.

Remember those 2 bank robbers with full body armor who robbed that bank, they left the bank firing fully automatic weapons. Police on the scene were unable to stop them with their standard issue weapons, imagine if they had a armored vehicle.

1997 North Hollywood Shootout News Coverage - YouTube

And with the threat of Sept 11 style terrorist attacks all police departments need armored vehicles, even small towns that have not seen a shooting in decades.

Yeah, because terrorism, a threat that is less likely to kill you than choking on your own pillow while sleeping, is justification to arm the kind of people who are responsible for the most human deaths in the 20th century.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:

And I see what your saying about tyranny. But to me police officers are regular Americans just like you and me.

Tyranny is the fault of government not its citizens. The police simply follow governments orders and enforce the governments laws. I'm all for attacking our government, but I'm 100% against attacking regular Americans like your average cop.

You asked if that is all I have (this is all I have.)

Have a good one Xander_Crews,
Chad.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
And I see what your saying about tyranny. But to me police officers are regular Americans just like you and me.
No they are not, they can kill with impunity. They are allowed to issue death threats to peaceful people.

Quote:
Tyranny is the fault of government not its citizens.
HA HA HA, WHAT!? Every major tyrannical institution HAS BEEN A GOVERNMENT!

Quote:
The police simply follow governments orders
Yeah, like the SS officers in East Germany did, Like the police of every tyrannical government have... and their orders have included murder. The biggest murders of all time were "just following orders".

Quote:
and enforce the governments laws.
Rights supersede law... that is the whole point of them. Governments throughout history have proven themselves to write tyrannical laws that violate rights, so they are illegitimate.

If they have to enforce tyrannical laws, and the people rightly resist, they kill them. History proves it.

Quote:
I'm all for attacking our government, but I'm 100% against attacking regular Americans like your average cop.
They are not regular Americans. They are paid with money extorted by the threat of violence and they commit crimes all the time with NO repercussions.

Quote:
You asked if that is all I have (this is all I have.)
It was a rather weak defense of these thugs.

Quote:
Have a good one Xander_Crews,
Chad.
You as well, avoid contact with police, it statistically increases your chance of dying.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
STILL does not address what I said. Smh.

That doesn't say anything about tyranny, and where does Wikipedia get their information? A lot of the situations where police kill peaceful people, the official story of the police ALWAYS conflicts with the story of the victim, and a lot of the time it conflicts with video evidence and witness testimony. Something tells me, that the crimes you just listed are the "official story". The fact that you just take it at face value and deem the shootings 100% legitimate without looking into both sides of each one shows your blatant bias and lack of information on the scenarios.

This post does nothing to address that the leading killer over the 20th century was governments killing their own citizens. Governments go tyrannical with stunning regularity throughout history, and the bigger they get, the more likely it becomes. Police are the agents of the government. Who actually used violence with their own hands more, the dictators from history or the police forces they controlled?

By your argument, citizens shouldn't be allowed any arms. It is "dangerous for cops".

You know how many dogs are killed by "scared" police officers every year? Estimates have it in the high hundreds to the thousands.... you know how man cops have been killed by dogs while on duty within the last 50 years? ZERO. It is sad that you don't see the horrific abuses of power by police, your blind faith will be your downfall, as no man is more imprisoned than those who falsely believe they are free.

Uh, a lot of times this happens because people LEGALLY refuse to obey ILLEGAL orders from police. Way to pigeon-hole. "Yeah, if you just do what you are told at all times you will be fine." Guess what, people like to flex their rights. This is a "free" country, where you are allowed to disobey police if they are wrong.

The numbers shoot up when you look at innocent people who DON'T follow police orders, which you are not legally obligated to do. It is disgusting that you think police safety legitimizes the killing of innocent people for exercising their rights.

And not all police killings are caught on tape, so the official story is all there is... you know what they say, "Dead people tell no tales."

And don't give me the "few bad apples" line, because it is untrue. Police have had over 100 different officers threaten/harass them for pulling over another cop. These ones that are caught on tape blatantly breaking the law are given PAID suspensions until it blows over... the thin blue line is very real.

And this is without getting into the even more rampant problems of cops committing sexual assault, extortion, theft, etc...

It is sad that you stand up for these thugs who beat and kill those they are supposed to "protect and serve". Oh, and I can't even stop paying for this corrupt institution in this "free" country without being thrown in a cage. If I resist my kidnapping, I will be killed. All for the peaceful act of not funding an organization I disagree with.

May your shackles rest lightly on your wrists.
You speak of tyranny and the danger of the US government becoming tyrannical (and I 100% agree with you.) What would be your ideal plan to stop it?

And I never said citizens should not be allowed to own guns, I got my first 410 shotgun when I was around 11 years old, and I own many guns.

And now your attacking police for killing dogs. But if you ever came across a pack of aggressive wild dogs, or watched a video of someone being killed by dogs, then you would know police sometimes need to kill dogs. Sometimes police need to enter properties instantly to do their job, and sometimes large aggressive dogs need to be killed so police can carry out their duties. Or sometimes dogs attack children and police need to kill the dog before it hurts anyone else. ex.ex.

And there are rules in life like these. If you tell Mike Tyson "f. you" you get knocked out. If you walk into a Hell's Angels bike club and say "f. you" your gonna get beaten or killed. And if you don't follow police orders when you are getting arrested, and the police think your going for a gun, your gonna get shot.

Yes there are some bad police officers that kill people for nothing, but some people are bad that's just the way it is. There are dentists and doctors who purposely inject HIV/AIDS blood into their patients to give them AIDS. There are students who go to their school and kill their classmates. There are workers who go to their job and kill their co-workers. And there are some slime ball police officers that do similar things.

But what would be your plan to fix problems with bad police officers?

The only way to fix those problems would be to do the things you hate. Like have a large, powerful, and complex government that would tightly regulate who can become a police officer. But you want "total freedom" and total freedom gives any prick the right to be a police officer.

And the facts in this thread still say more people are killed by lightning, than innocent people who follow police orders when being arrested get killed by police.

On average 54 Americans get killed by lightning each year.

Show me 54 people killed by police in one year that followed police orders while being arrested (but I doubt you can.)

I want you to know I like and (deeply) respect you Xander_Crews, and I thought those video's were sad, horrible, and non-human.

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2014 at 11:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies