Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:42 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, as someone else mentioned before, these people weren't really "right-wing", they were anarchists.

With that said, I would consider myself to be somewhat of an anarchist who generally espouses hostility towards the police. So it is somewhat important for me to try to understand what actually happened. And whether or not I feel it is fair for these people to be considered an example for anarchists in general.

What I'm confused about, is why exactly they shot these two police officers. And secondly, what they were hoping to accomplish by then running into a Wal-mart and telling everyone to leave.

To me, they just sound crazy and stupid.
I am not an anarchist.

Even if these people were anarchists, they do not represent people who believe in anarchy. I know you are not saying they do, but I am just weighing in. It is intellectually dishonest to say that this event means that anarchists or "right-wingers" are nut-jobs.

This story does prove that certain people are/were nut-jobs....Jared and Amanda Miller were nut-jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Ultimately, what the heck are you going to do about it except whine and cry? Nothing... BHO will pontificate on the evils of gun ownership etc.etc but he won't do a thing....

Old 06-13-2014, 12:21 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I am not an anarchist.

Even if these people were anarchists, they do not represent people who believe in anarchy. I know you are not saying they do, but I am just weighing in. It is intellectually dishonest to say that this event means that anarchists or "right-wingers" are nut-jobs.

This story does prove that certain people are/were nut-jobs....Jared and Amanda Miller were nut-jobs.
I've never met an anarchist that believed you can uproot the establishment through the ballot box...Nope, not one. Shoot, I've never even heard of anybody who subscribes to voting anarchy in LOL

Have you?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
What exactly did "left-wing" groups like the Black Panthers, Weathermen, M19CO, etc... ACTUALLY do when they didn't get their way politically? Oh yeah, they killed people. They bombed police stations.

So, by your logic, all "left-wingers" are closet terrorists too.
Sure, those people exist, but the fact is people keep trying to claim "oh, there's an equal number of nuts on both sides."

Sorry, but I call BS on that. I've lived over 30+ years in nothing but "blue" parts of "blue" states, and I have yet to meet ONE "dangerous left-wing lunatic." I've met some left-wing idiots, sure, but not one of them called for violence, had fetishes about "the day of patriotic murder," or honestly believed that certain minorities didn't deserve basic rights or to be allowed to live. And yet, I've met no shortage of right-wing lunatics who believe all that: who believe non-white are sub-human and "ruining this nation," who believe that KKK's actions are covered by the 1st Amendment, who believe THEIR religion should be the law of the land, and so on - their words, not mine.

So, the evidence is simply not there. If these "left-wing extremist" boogie-men were as common as we're to believe from the propaganda from the far-right, they should be EASY to find in far-blue states like Maryland, New Jersey, etc. And yet, I've haven't found a single one... but I can't help but trip over right-wing loons who so badly want to share their bigoted vision of the future with me.

Extremists of ANY sort are dangerous, sure, but based upon decades of experience, I can safely say that at least in the general population, the right-wing ones are far more common and hold far more dangerous viewpoints. There's a vast difference between "raise taxes on the rich!" and "kill the blacks/gays/Muslims/etc."

Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Exactly.

These clowns had the flippin' Tea Party flag with them and clearly followed all the programmed right-wing extremist hate, but we're to believe they are "liberals!" The lack of intellectual honesty around here is astounding!
Flagoutpost.com doesn't ask me to prove I am part of the TEA Party movement before sending me the item I paid for - Gadsden Flag 3 x 5: Nylon Gadsden Historical US Flags from Flag Outpost . Anyone can buy a Gadsden flag.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Flagoutpost.com doesn't ask me to prove I am part of the TEA Party movement before sending me the item I paid for - Gadsden Flag 3 x 5: Nylon Gadsden Historical US Flags from Flag Outpost . Anyone can buy a Gadsden flag.
You miss the point entirely...

They draped that flag over the murder victims as a show of support for an ideology.

Or, are we to believe that they only purchased that specific flag because it was on sale that week, and had a different flag been on sale, they might have instead used one representing a local sports team or one of a random nation... Based upon your post, I'm assuming that if you saw somebody with a Nazi flag on their car or truck, you'd assume they were just using up a gift card from that website and it didn't actually mean anything, right? Because people do that all the time...

The excuses around here are just laughable sometimes...

Old 06-13-2014, 12:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
And anyone can buy a swastike, a symbol that did not originate with the nazi's. The Gadsden flag really has been associated with tea party and libertarians. But just because these nuts used it doesn't implicate the right.

Crazies are gonna crazy.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 PM

594 posts, read 346,302 times
There is so much ignorance in this thread, the far left are communists, the far right are fascists, both exist in tyranny with no respect for individual human rights or freedom. If we looked at the left and right as representing a circle, the far right and far left would be side by side.

Constitutional conservatives are not right-wing, since they support the rights and freedoms of the individual. These two neo-nazi nut bags represent no ideological form of government. They were however, members of a right-wing fascist group - the Neo Nazis.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
There is so much ignorance in this thread, the far left are communists, the far right are fascists, both exist in tyranny with no respect for individual human rights or freedom. If we looked at the left and right as representing a circle, the far right and far left would be side by side.

Constitutional conservatives are not right-wing, since they support the rights and freedoms of the individual. These two neo-nazi nut bags represent no ideological form of government. They were however, members of a right-wing fascist group - the Neo Nazis.
I don't think anyone here is actually bashing constitutional conservatives.

Then again, I don't think constitutional conservatives have had a voice on the national stage in many years... certainly not since the Patriot Act became a reality...

Old 06-13-2014, 01:01 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Sure, those people exist, but the fact is people keep trying to claim "oh, there's an equal number of nuts on both sides."

Sorry, but I call BS on that. I've lived over 30+ years in nothing but "blue" parts of "blue" states, and I have yet to meet ONE "dangerous left-wing lunatic." I've met some left-wing idiots, sure, but not one of them called for violence, had fetishes about "the day of patriotic murder," or honestly believed that certain minorities didn't deserve basic rights or to be allowed to live. And yet, I've met no shortage of right-wing lunatics who believe all that: who believe non-white are sub-human and "ruining this nation," who believe that KKK's actions are covered by the 1st Amendment, who believe THEIR religion should be the law of the land, and so on - their words, not mine.

So, the evidence is simply not there. If these "left-wing extremist" boogie-men were as common as we're to believe from the propaganda from the far-right, they should be EASY to find in far-blue states like Maryland, New Jersey, etc. And yet, I've haven't found a single one... but I can't help but trip over right-wing loons who so badly want to share their bigoted vision of the future with me.

Extremists of ANY sort are dangerous, sure, but based upon decades of experience, I can safely say that at least in the general population, the right-wing ones are far more common and hold far more dangerous viewpoints. There's a vast difference between "raise taxes on the rich!" and "kill the blacks/gays/Muslims/etc."
Lol, really? You are going to tell me the evidence isn't there... and then for counter-evidence you provide nothing but opinion?

You are burying your head in the sand and being intentionally intellectually dishonest.

You have provided NO proof that a majority or even a large minority of the "right-wing" believes in racist ideals, violence, etc... "I met a guy..." doesn't count as evidence, so it is laughable that you would lecture anyone on evidence since you don't even know what the word means.

The fact that you compare "raise the taxes on the rich" with "kill the muslims, gays, etc.." just shows your bias and dishonesty. The "weathermen" did not ask for more taxes, THEY BLEW UP POLICE STATIONS! The M19C0 did not ask for more taxes, they killed people robbing banks for money to BLOW UP POLICE STATIONS!

Your opinion of people you met does not count as evidence, and your clear bias and intellectual dishonesty leads me to *NOT* believe your stories about people you met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies