Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Obama's foreign policy been an utter and complete failure thus far?
Yes, 2 civil wars, spying on allies, and Iraq falling into the hands of Jihadist. I don't see how he could do worse. 36 55.38%
Yes, but some of what has happened is not under his control. 13 20.00%
No, he's been very successful. 10 15.38%
No, it's all Bush and Cheney's fault!!! I can't find a connection to Kiev or Benghazi, but I'll just assume Bush messed that up too. 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 PM

864 posts, read 800,109 times

Advertisements

The worst part about Rambler's post is he voted in the other thread that Obama's foreign policy has been an utter failure. Liberals like him know Obama has failed on that front, but their liberal loyalty won't let them criticize their hero. It's brainwashing at its worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
... because I can't think of anything.

Let's see.

Benghazi - 4 Americans dead, including the first U.S Ambassador killed since 1979, literally dragged into the streets dead.

European Spying - Snowden exposes U.S spying on all of its major European allies.

Kiev - Completely ineffective. Obummer just let the Russians invade a sovereign nation and take out his puppet leader. Now the country is on the verge of full blown civil war.

Syria - Wow. What a clusterf*** this has become. Chemical weapons being used on civilians. U.S supplying arms to known Jihadist and Al Qaeda allies which leads to....

Mosul - The same jihadist Obummer has been giving weapons to are now on a full out invasion of Iraq to reestablish an "Islamic Caliphate in the Levant".

Let me guess liberal contigent, this is all Bush and Cheney's fault!!!
Lets see if you (truly) care about Americans dying, government spying, civil war, and a Islamic takeover. Or if everything you said was a personal and spiritual lie told to everyone in this forum and even yourself.

When GW Bush's White house made 935 false statements about Iraq, attacked Iraq for nothing, killed over 100,000 innocent Iraqi people, and killed 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing, did you care?
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

Republicans did not care about those 100,000 dead Iraqis, and they did not care about 1,000's of US soldiers dying for nothing in Bush's Iraq war. Republicans never showed remorse or said a single prayer for those 100,000+ people killed.

How could republicans care about Benghazi and those 4 Americans being killed (judging from Iraq they couldn't, and the dead Americans in Benghazi are being used as a political attack tool.)

Then you attack Obama for spying. But when GW Bush created those spy programs to spy on US citizens and other countries, did republicans care? Republicans never said a word about Bush starting the spy programs, and this spying was a good thing until Bush handed his spy network to Obama. Republicans don't truly care about spying because they loved spying when GW Bush was doing it.
Bush Authorized Domestic Spying

Then you complain about Kiev. But GW Bush attacked Iraq in the name of bringing freedom and democracy to Iraq. But at this moment Al Qaeda is taking over Iraq, and republicans could care less that GW Bush's actions put Al Qaeda in an excellent position to control all of Iraq.

Repent or die: al-Qaeda forces announce rules for Iraqi territory they now control - Telegraph

The saddest thing about political attack threads like this one are the effect on Americans republicans. Republicans start threads like this pretending to care about dead soldiers, civil and international liberties, and terrorist takeovers. But the republicans don't truly care about any of those things, they just use these moral issues to fuel political attacks (and in the process they lie to themselves and weaken the truly honorable parts of their souls.)

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 12:04 PM

Chad3, I know you've been living under a rock for a long, long time, but I guess someone should have told you, Bush hasn't been president for 7 years. Can you believe it? Some guy named Barack Hussein Obama (no relation to Saddam) won two terms in a row since then, and he's been in charge of the country.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
This sums it up

Quote:
Most of the failures actually ARE continuations of Bush's policies, or more precisely, the policies of those who actually control the government and both parties.
No difference

Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 PM

ugh, you Illuminati freaks are scary sometimes.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
BS. I'm a fiery Anti-Obama domestics policies. But when it comes to foreign policy the guy has proven right. It is not the duty of Americans to spend resources we do not have and American lives we do need here at home. We have to stop thinking that we need to get ourselves in every conflict around the World. We are not the UN, let the world burn down, and we should again regain our manufacturing capabilities through it.

Let Europeans fight their own wars. Ukraine is not our problem, Syria s not our problem, Asia is not our problem. Let the world be for Christ sake. I do not understand certain people that proclaim loud and clear the government intrusion in their life, and rightly so, but then turn around and state that America should be involved in every conflict in the world. If you are so prone to be World Hero not body is stopping you to go to those places and fight your so much needed war.

But we should stop being the F World Police. The New Generation is tired of this Game, American People do not gain anything from it. What do we have to gain from going into Ukraine, and Syria, Iraq? When I say We, I make an allusion to normal folks, middle class people in the country not Defense Contractor Corporations. I tell you, NOTHING. Really Nothing.
I could not agree more. In the case of Iraq-Syria, just let them kill each other. It is an illustration of what happens when Reason is abandoned in favor of Neanderthal mysticism. Here you have two groups who allegedly believe the same nonsense, yet they find enough differences in their mystical faiths to justify killing each other, and destroying each other's landmarks and holy sites. And we are going to waste valuable bombs on these people? Why? Just let them have at each other. They deserve each other and what they do to each other, both at peace and in war. No American bombs. No American boys. And certainly no money!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
It's weird how many of our "small government" conservative friends think Obama is and should be the president of the entire world.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I could not agree more. In the case of Iraq-Syria, just let them kill each other. It is an illustration of what happens when Reason is abandoned in favor of Neanderthal mysticism.
Damn, liberals are cooooooooold blooded bigots!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Chad3, I know you've been living under a rock for a long, long time, but I guess someone should have told you, Bush hasn't been president for 7 years. Can you believe it? Some guy named Barack Hussein Obama (no relation to Saddam) won two terms in a row since then, and he's been in charge of the country.
Bush started the Iraq war (and its still going on.)
Bush created the spy programs (and they are still going on.)
ex.ex.

But I guess since Bush has not been president for 7 years we must stop talking about him, and then blame the wars and spy programs Bush started/created on Obama?

Questions,

When a president starts a war or a spy network, in how many years afterwords does it become wrong to speak of it?

And when a president starts wars or spy programs, in how many years afterwords should we forget, and then blame the current president for things created by the previous president?

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 12:28 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
ugh, you Illuminati freaks are scary sometimes.
Because no outside influences have any impact on our government... and big business and rich people give our leaders tons of money each year because... they like giving money away for nothing? I mean, certainly it couldn't be any other reason, right?

There's no "Illuminate" - the list of who funds which politician's campaign is relatively open and easy to find. Interestingly, there tends to be an association between who funds a politician's campaign and who benefits from their decisions... but I'm sure that's just coincidence, and the real reasons most of the bad policies established under Bush Jr. are still in play is because... ummm.... Obama is a "liberal" or something... not because of lobbying... sure...

For the record, the bad decisions that continue were mostly started under Bush or earlier. Obama has actually made very few, new foreign policy decisions one way or another, and there's no evidence they are a "disaster." As for Russia, again, unless somebody wants to go war with them - because WW3 would be a great idea - there is no other answer than the sanctions in place.

So, we can either accept the fact that our leaders generally answer to moneyed interests vs. the American people, or we can busily rewrite history and pretend that everything is "Obama's fault" because, as we all know, Republicans haven't been in power for 50+ years... unless something good happened, then they clearly get the credit since they're really patriotic like that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies