Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Obama's foreign policy been an utter and complete failure thus far?
Yes, 2 civil wars, spying on allies, and Iraq falling into the hands of Jihadist. I don't see how he could do worse. 36 55.38%
Yes, but some of what has happened is not under his control. 13 20.00%
No, he's been very successful. 10 15.38%
No, it's all Bush and Cheney's fault!!! I can't find a connection to Kiev or Benghazi, but I'll just assume Bush messed that up too. 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 10:46 AM

864 posts, read 800,109 times

Advertisements

... because I can't think of anything.

Let's see.

Benghazi - 4 Americans dead, including the first U.S Ambassador killed since 1979, literally dragged into the streets dead.

European Spying - Snowden exposes U.S spying on all of its major European allies.

Kiev - Completely ineffective. Obummer just let the Russians invade a sovereign nation and take out his puppet leader. Now the country is on the verge of full blown civil war.

Syria - Wow. What a clusterf*** this has become. Chemical weapons being used on civilians. U.S supplying arms to known Jihadist and Al Qaeda allies which leads to....

Mosul - The same jihadist Obummer has been giving weapons to are now on a full out invasion of Iraq to reestablish an "Islamic Caliphate in the Levant".

Let me guess liberal contigent, this is all Bush and Cheney's fault!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
When we look back did Obama really have any experience outside Chicago? Sadly to the detrimant of the USA he doesn't seem to have any foreign policy at all. Hillary wasn't much better and Kerry is so smug he seems ot tell people what to do and doesn't listen.

On a less serious note Don't forget the shameful selfies at Mandellas funeral.

The world is a banquet at a large circular table where all modern societies have a seat and a voice. Now it seems the USA has been removed from the head to its own personal table too bad it is the "kids table" .

Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 AM

Obama isn’t napping, he’s surrendering - The Washington Post

Oh I forgot, trading 5 known Al Qaeda militants for one deserter.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Lol.... thanks for the usual partisan ranting.

Most of the failures actually ARE continuations of Bush's policies, or more precisely, the policies of those who actually control the government and both parties.

But, sure - feel free to live in Tea Party land, where the following facts don't apply:

1) The GOP cut the funding to protect our embassy's, Benghazi included:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/op...hame.html?_r=0

Sure, let's ignore that fact and pretend it's all the fault of "liberals."

2) NSA's spying has gone on for years, and the Patriot Act was passed on Bush's watch. Again, more little facts that nobody wants to hear.

3) Starting a war with Russia is not a good idea, but sure - let's start up WW 3 over the Ukraine. Great idea!

4) The Middle East: I'm sorry, but when was the last time, exactly, the US has had a policy here that worked? Are we forgetting a few little wars started under Bush that helped set the current events in motion? Heck, are we forgetting decades of failures - from both parties - that have helped all this unfold?

Obama is no saint, that much is obvious, but it is simply laughable to wave the OP's list around as some sort of "proof" of how bad his foreign policy is when most of the junk mentioned either had nothing to do with him (Benghazi), or are simply the OP's personal rants - "let's start a war with Russia!" Finally, anyone who actually cared about this nation - instead of partisan rants - might want to know why failed foreign policies continue, regardless of which part is in office... but, no - let's not ask any real questions and instead shriek "liberal!!!" and pretend we're having intelligent discussions on this forum.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,233 times
Let's see, how about you grow a set and say what should have been done in those sitations. Syria? US didn't cause the arab spring sorry. Mosul? Should we have kept troops there forever? Kiev? Should we have started WW3?

In terms of your Bush card, we invaded Iraq and removed the one guy who could easily hold all of that together in the hopes that democracy would take hold in a place with little history of it and a big history of sectarian violence. Benghazi. No Bush there but I seem to recall a spendthrift Congress not wanting to spend more money on beefing up security at the embassies.

It's so easy for brainless knuckledraggers to whine and complain, but they don't put forward any alternative ideas. Easier to whine like a petulant child than to understand that the terrible brand of conservatism in this country is largely the problem.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
... because I can't think of anything.

Let's see.

Benghazi - 4 Americans dead, including the first U.S Ambassador killed since 1979, literally dragged into the streets dead.

European Spying - Snowden exposes U.S spying on all of its major European allies.

Kiev - Completely ineffective. Obummer just let the Russians invade a sovereign nation and take out his puppet leader. Now the country is on the verge of full blown civil war.

Syria - Wow. What a clusterf*** this has become. Chemical weapons being used on civilians. U.S supplying arms to known Jihadist and Al Qaeda allies which leads to....

Mosul - The same jihadist Obummer has been giving weapons to are now on a full out invasion of Iraq to reestablish an "Islamic Caliphate in the Levant".

Let me guess liberal contigent, this is all Bush and Cheney's fault!!!

You're unhappy.

I can tell.

Call your senators and congressman. Demand immediate impeachment. Keep us updated.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

3) Starting a war with Russia is not a good idea, but sure - let's start up WW 3 over the Ukraine.
Look at this guy's dishonesty. When did I ever suggest going to war with Russia was good idea?

Wow liberals are so intellectually corrupt!

Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
When we look back did Obama really have any experience outside Chicago? Sadly to the detrimant of the USA he doesn't seem to have any foreign policy at all. Hillary wasn't much better and Kerry is so smug he seems ot tell people what to do and doesn't listen.

On a less serious note Don't forget the shameful selfies at Mandellas funeral.

The world is a banquet at a large circular table where all modern societies have a seat and a voice. Now it seems the USA has been removed from the head to its own personal table too bad it is the "kids table" .
Lets not forget as a freshman senator, all he voted was "present".

Old 06-13-2014, 10:58 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu30/shooting4life/25CFC2DB-ED32-44A2-B509-B93BF065BEDA_zpsspo0xjik.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-13-2014 at 12:12 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 10:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Let's see, how about you grow a set and say what should have been done in those sitations.
A president is supposed to have a set as you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies