Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 07:28 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Have you ever thought about joining the military?

It'd give you something meaningful to do. Maybe also you'd see other parts of the country. And possibly the world for that matter. Might be an eye opener for you.
I did think about joining the Marine Corps after High School...., but I refuse to serve a nation that would elect Barrack Obama not once but twice and treat illegal immigrates better then veterans...

I have seen the poverty of Central and South America here in America..Why do you think I so for border security and a fence..?

Old 06-15-2014, 07:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I did think about joining the Marine Corps after High School...., but I refuse to serve a nation that would elect Barrack Obama not once but twice and treat illegal immigrates better then veterans...

I have seen the poverty of Central and South America here in America..Why do you think I so for border security and a fence..?
6 pages in and you have asked 101 questions.

Smh at all these excuses you havd for not doing anything with your life.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:48 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
So why are you complain about? You have no idea of what real discrimination or segregation is.

Have you ever had been the right to vote?

Have you ever had your civil rights stripped away?

Have you ever been bitten by a Police German Shepherd just for protesting?

I am assuming you have not..
And I'm thankful none of that happened. That is why I don't look at "America that was" as a great time. I know as a Black man that I would have experienced those things. Considering what I have posted, I thought you would know that I was talking about those things.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
6 pages in and you have asked 101 questions.

Smh at all these excuses you havd for not doing anything with your life.
I have done a lot, I have saved the house from foreclosure and helped my sister stay in college...

About to start security, then start a few online E-stores, then College...I am on my way...Dont focus on me. Pay Attention to You...

Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I'm thankful none of that happened. That is why I don't look at "America that was" as a great time. I know as a Black man that I would have experienced those things. Considering what I have posted, I thought you would know that I was talking about those things.
From the tone of your messages else you would sound like that still happens..

Old 06-15-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
From the tone of your messages else you would sound like that still happens..
Well, I said that the America of today is better than the America that was. I said I prefer this America to the old America. Nothing in my tone would say that I believe that stuff like this still happens. I specifically demarcated the difference between what America is now vs America that was.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:53 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
So why are you complain about? You have no idea of what real discrimination or segregation is.

Have you ever had been the right to vote?

Have you ever had your civil rights stripped away?

Have you ever been bitten by a Police German Shepherd just for protesting?

I am assuming you have not..
I'm betting he's never had his limbs mangled in industrial equipment or worked 16 hours a day starting from the age of 6 either. But most people don't need to experience those things for themselves to know they're not good.

Like a lot of people who long for the past, you gloss over the really crappy parts, and there were a lot of them. Unless you were white, straight, male and well off, America in the not-too-distant past could be a pretty lousy place to live.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I'm betting he's never had his limbs mangled in industrial equipment or worked 16 hours a day starting from the age of 6 either. But most people don't need to experience those things for themselves to know they're not good.

Like a lot of people who long for the past, you gloss over the really crappy parts, and there were a lot of them. Unless you were white, straight, male and well off, America in the not-too-distant past could be a pretty lousy place to live.
I've never been in such situations. However, I know enough about American history, and about my own family history to know that I prefer the current USA over the USA that was.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
We have come a long way as a country, I like where we are today and the future that is ahead of us.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post

You tellin' me life wasn't Leave It To Beaver for everyone in the 1950s?

You some kinda wise guy a la Eddie Haskell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies