Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

Bye, bye. We should be like some other countries and not allow products to be sold here unless it comes from an American company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:48 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
If Walgreens would clean up their stores and lower their exorbitant prices, they might be doing better.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:07 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I'm not a tea bagger, read a ton and am yet to see any real specific ideas from them and I pay a hell of a lot in taxes. I also make enough to know that a lot is two words.
Instead of correcting a spelling error why don't you address my point. By the way, what you do or don't do to your partner really isn't what I'm interested in.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Sure they do, you're just not seeing the forest for the trees. It's automatically included in the cost of materials, power, facilities, services you contract for, and it's also included in the price your competitors are asking. Just because it's not explicitly included line item does not mean it's not there. Do you know any companies who do not file corporate taxes?
Yep. Companies that don't make a profit, which includes some of our competitors. They are the ones who lowball us on price.

Quote:
OK so once we see that, then all of the companies who you contract are looking towards their profit margin, that margin is defined by sales and costs, one of those costs is their effective tax rate.
Am I missing something here? Taxes are not a cost. They effect net earnings, but they are not a cost. A company must turn a profit before it owes tax. Costs are subtracted from sales (and/or other earnings), and then taxes may be due.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:41 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Do conservatives actually think corporations don't use all the loopholes and lobbying to avoid paying this rate?

The average effective tax rate for corporations is 19%.

These 26 corporations paid no federal income tax.

Tell Fox News to go cry me a river.

"don't use all the loopholes" Contrary to "popular beliefs", there is NO such thing as "loopholes".

Tax laws were passed. Only a fool would NOT research the tax laws to find out what laws apply to them.

Are you married? Do you have kids? Do you own a home? All could be construed as "loopholes".

Old 07-02-2014, 05:44 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Yep. We owe our lives and the lives of our children to our GOP overlords. If only we could all be as hard working as them...
NOW you are getting juvenile if you think the GOP is any MORE "overlords" then the dems.

Too bad all your posts are opinions and no facts.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:47 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
If Walgreens would clean up their stores and lower their exorbitant prices, they might be doing better.
Lol, I think walgreens is doing just fine. Do you even know what this thread is about?

Old 07-02-2014, 05:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Liberals won't be happy until they have driven all American companies overseas. The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world, and its hurting our economy.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/renoun...001240207.html

The U.S. Has the Highest Corporate Income Tax Rate in the OECD | Tax Foundation
The effective tax rate being much lower than in EU average, there must be some other reason than taxes. The GOP has torpedoed four proposals for lowering the US corporate tax rate to 25%, so they need to take some responsibility for the rate being what it is.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If any US corporation moves its corporate headquarters out of the US after making a bulk of it's profits in the US and taking advantage of US infrastructure and laws, the Congress should triple its taxes on US revenues. I have no patience for any US corporation that makes its profits from my money and then does everything to avoid paying its taxes. Conservatives may think it is patriotic to avoid paying taxes, they are wrong, it is idiotic.

Corporations should pay ZERO taxes. Taxes are paid by the shareholders on the profits. That is the way it should be. Any tax on the business will just flow to the consumer in the form of higher prices.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
The average effective tax rate for corporations is 19%.
They achieve that in part by keeping the money out of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies