Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:13 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
"In a survey of 1,446 registered voters"
"Most voters said Ronald Reagan, who served two terms in the 1980s, was the best president since 1945, the survey showed."

Yeah, I doubt this survey is representative of all Americans.
You know nothing. Reagan was one of the best president ever! Learn your history. Reagan rebounded the US after the mess Jimmy Carter left. Reaganomics baby!

Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdesac25 View Post

I don't why this belongs in the NYC section, but we all know the real reason for his low ratings especially among certain demographics.
Waiting for the race card to be thrown in 3, 2,1.....

Old 07-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
sigh
Time to burn your Obama shirts...lol

Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 PM

158 posts, read 304,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Waiting for the race card to be thrown in 3, 2,1.....
Sorry but it's true. That's what fuels the tea party and they in turn dictate how Republicans in office act towards the President.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 PM

118 posts, read 160,888 times
What does this have to do with NYC? Time to get a life OP and assess your critical thinking skills.

1. It says since World War II, not "ALL-TIME"..
2. 63% of Americans can't even name their State Senator. How the HELL would "most Americans" know enough to rank presents decades ago. LOL!

Study: One in Three Americans Fails Naturalization Civics Test - US News

Anyway, Obama is still in his presidency. Presidents ALWAYS dramatically improve their approval ratings once they're out of office. And a segment of the population will always hate their guts but cool off once they're out of office.

Facts:

In the beginning of 1983, Ronald Reagan's approval rate was 35%. Obama has never had an approval rating that low.
All throughout 2008, George W. Bush's approval rating hovered around 25%. Obama has never had an approval rating anywhere near as dismal as that.
In 1993, Bill Clinton's approval rating hovered at around 37%. Obama low point of all time was 38%

If you asked voters around that time who the "worst president since WWII was" they would tell you Reagan, Bush, Clinton or whoever was in office that time.
When Obama leaves office his approval ratings will soar like every other ex-president, and his predecessor will also get hit with the "worst president of all time" title once they're in and pissing off the other half of the country that doesn't share their same political ideology.

Why can't you fanatical right-wingers ever use your brains?

Last edited by Louis XVI; 07-02-2014 at 12:58 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 12:41 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Why isn't this in the Politics forum?

Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
Sorry but it's true. That's what fuels the tea party and they in turn dictate how Republicans in office act towards the President.
Smh...Obama's skin color has nothing to do with it. Why can't it be that it's just Obama's policies that really sucks. Forget the skin color. It's about POLICIES!

I'd vote for Dr. Ben Carson, a black Republican over Obama any day. In fact Mr. Carson is a REAL black man, not half white like Obama yet I'd still vote for Carson over Obama any day. It's not skin color, it's policy and the fact is OBAMA'S POLICIES SUCK!

Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am surprised that he was not voted the worst president in US history, rather than just since WWII. Never before has there been such an incompetent, lawless, dangerous president.
A laughable claim. The truth is that Obama is't even he worst president since Bill Clinton left office - and the only other person in that contest is GWB. Never mind the likes of James Buchanan or Warren Harding, the previous president alone managed to corrupt several departments (Justice, FEMA), aggressively began a catastrophic war (Iraq), and presided over the worst economic crisis in decades, without fixing much of anything (2007-2008 - although, I'll yet again grant that he was far from the most important person in creating this crisis).

When people tell me that Obama is "the worst president in history", all they are telling me is that they don't understand history. You want to match what's going on now to the Great Depression, slavery, the Trail of Tears, the Teapot Dome scandal, the Vietnam war? Yeah, we're clearly better off without that junk.

Last edited by Hadoken; 07-02-2014 at 01:11 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 01:02 PM

118 posts, read 160,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Smh...Obama's skin color has nothing to do with it. Why can't it be that it's just Obama's policies that really sucks. Forget the skin color. It's about POLICIES!

I'd vote for Dr. Ben Carson, a black Republican over Obama any day. In fact Mr. Carson is a REAL black man, not half white like Obama yet I'd still vote for Carson over Obama any day. It's not skin color, it's policy and the fact is OBAMA'S POLICIES SUCK!
LMAO.

Again, Americans are pretty clueless.

Read this analysis by Forbes, but Americans know absolutely nothing economic indexes things like this and right-wingers would rate Obama as the worst even if he cured cancer tomorrow.

Economically, Could Obama Be America's Best President? - Forbes

It's all about media narrative and right-wingers are exceptionally good at being aggressive and shouting from the rooftops about how awful Obama is and swaying public sentiment.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:21 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
A laughable claim. The truth is that Obama is't even he worst president since Bill Clinton left office - and the only other person in that contest is GWB. Never mind the likes of James Buchanan or Warren Harding, the previous president alone managed to corrupt several departments (Justice, FEMA), aggressively began a catastrophic war (Iraq), and presided over the worst economic crisis in decades, without fixing much of anything (2007-2008 - although, I'll yet again grant that he was far from the most important person in creating this crisis).

When people tell me that Obama is "the worst president in history", all they are telling me is that they don't understand history. You want to match what's going on now to the Great Depression, slavery, the Trail of Tears, the Teapot Dome scandal, the Vietnam war? Yeah, we're clearly better off without that junk.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies