Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:52 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Knowledge of what our government is doing is a bad thing???
It's not even knowledge of what the government is doing. It's a hyper partisan media (ie - FOX) that is able to create entire narratives, many times with little basis in reality. It's poisonous and toxic.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/pol...14_U73jabn.pdf

Interesting.

Obama has a -10% competency rating.

Obama has a 40% approval rating (-13%).

Would the country today be better off under Obama or Romney: Romney +7%.

Both Men (+12%) and Women (+2%) agree that Romney would have made a better president.

Youth (18 to 29) still think Obama would have been better than Romney at +11% to Obama.

Independents prefer Romney by +14% over Obama.

Under Obama, has the economy 26% improved, 31% declined, 46% stayed the same.

Worst presidents post WWII: #1 Obreezey 33%, #2 GWB 28%, #3 Nixon 13%, #4 Carter 8%.

Best presidents post WWII: #1 Reagan 35%, #2 Clinton 18%, #3 JFK 15%, #4 Obreezey 8%, #5 Ike 5%.
I do love opinion polling and how you believe it equals factual information

Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
FWIW, I don't think that Romney would have been a terrible president, but the band of crazies he brought with him were what scared people off. The GOP needs to moderate and get rid of those crazies if they want to turn the ship around.
The election was 51 to 47 percent - not that big of a spread. I think there are crazies on both sides of the aisle And, if you consider almost 40 percent of eligible voters do not even vote in Presidential elections, who is really representing who in America is a kind of tunnel vision.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
Default Quinnipiac: Obama Worst President Since World War II, Reagan the Best

I think we are do for another great president like Reagan.

Quinnipiac: Obama Worst President Since World War II, Reagan the Best

Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Great post and a very good idea. Funny, that we don't tinker with the Constitution very often now, but in the beginning they did it very frequently.
Now, we are just afraid of change and I believe, lazy.

BTW, The most recent amendment to the Constitution, Article XXVII, which deals with congressional pay raises, was proposed in 1789 and ratified in 1992.
Yup. You're right, pollyrobin.
I think America does learn from it's mistakes of the past. Sometimes it takes us a while, but messing around with the Constitution doesn't seem to be something we are so eager to do as we once were these days for lots of reasons, including the ones you mentioned.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
this poll is also a 12 hr newstory at best. 24 hrs from now nobody will be talking about this poll and 48 hrs from now nobody will even remember this poll.

i also thought an earlier post about the racial demo breakdown in this poll was a good post. over 50 and white had him the worst, under 50 and non white had him the 4th best. under 50 and non white is a more valuable demo then over 50 and white. under 50 and non white has won obama 2 elections in a row. over 50 and white has won the republicans zilch.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
We are "do," huh?

Yeah, just what this country needs. Another Reagan.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,598 times
Default Newly Released U.S. Poll: Voters see Obama as worst president of ALL-TIME

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two years into President Barack Obama's second term, more voters say they are dissatisfied with his administration's handling of everything from the economy to foreign policy, giving him the worst marks of any modern U.S. president, a poll on Wednesday said.

In a survey of 1,446 registered voters, 33 percent said Obama was the worst president since World War Two, while 28 percent pointed to his predecessor, George W. Bush, as the worst, the poll by Quinnipiac University found.

Voters were split over which of the two most recent presidents has done a better job with 39 percent saying Obama has been a better president than Bush and, 40 percent saying Obama is worse.

Most voters said Ronald Reagan, who served two terms in the 1980s, was the best president since 1945, the survey showed.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of Quinnipiac University's polling unit.

While Obama's job approval rating has inched higher to 40 percent, up from 38 percent in December, more voters gave him largely negative marks in key areas: the economy, foreign policy, healthcare and terrorism, according to the poll.

On the environment, 50 percent gave Obama positive marks.

The telephone survey, taken June 24 to June 30, had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percentage points.

U.S. poll: more voters see Obama as worst president in modern times

Old 07-02-2014, 11:29 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
It's not even knowledge of what the government is doing. It's a hyper partisan media (ie - FOX) that is able to create entire narratives, many times with little basis in reality. It's poisonous and toxic.
i.e. MSNBC

Be fair now

Old 07-02-2014, 11:31 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The election was 51 to 47 percent - not that big of a spread. I think there are crazies on both sides of the aisle And, if you consider almost 40 percent of eligible voters do not even vote in Presidential elections, who is really representing who in America is a kind of tunnel vision.
Don't expect to see another landslide election for a long time to come. 51-47 is about the same spread most past elections have been historically, with some much closer and a few much wider.

The thing about the United States is we are pretty damned good at deciding things when we go to vote. There are always voters who aren't happy and voters who are with every election.

It's the elections that are landslides that are the most dangerous. We have been lucky (and wise), but other countries elected guys like Hitler a time or two in their pasts. Hitler and the others all were elected with universal acclaim and approval, just before they became dictators.

I think only our dislike of royalty has kept us from this danger; it is one of the weakest spots in any democracy. So I think it's good that most of our elections are as narrowly won as they are. The man in charge always knows his limits in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies