Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:26 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I guess I'll never be voting for libertarian candidate.
So you endorse using violent force on peaceful people. I will never vote for one of your thug, authoritarian candidates either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 09:27 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
The drug war and people who support it are engaging in "retarded" behavior. Last I checked it has cost trillions of dollars and has not reduced drug use... AT ALL.
Like most of our ill-conceived wars of choice it's made a lot of people a lot of $$$.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Like most of our ill-conceived wars of choice it's made a lot of people a lot of $$$.
Oh god, DEA bureaucrats love it!

Police departments love the asset forfeiture part.

Very good point.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
You mean the one that EVERYBODY got? Read the comments man.

Yeah, it is kind of a hit-piece.
Wait wait wait...let me get this straight first. You read the article, and the comments, then realized it was kind of a hit piece that made fun of libertarians...and posted it anyways in support of a libertarian lifestyle knowing this?

I could make make a sarcastic comment but there is nothing I can do to make you look sillier than you have done to yourself. You might as well have posted an Onion article in serious support of your cause. At least they have better joke writers.

I'll let you get back to making a joke of your cause.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wait wait wait...let me get this straight first. You read the article, and the comments, then realized it was kind of a hit piece that made fun of libertarians...and posted it anyways in support of a libertarian lifestyle knowing this?

Ugh, again, reading comprehension bro. I said it is kind of a hit piece, regardless it STILL establishes that the people were doing drugs, drinking, carrying weapons... and nobody got hurt.

Quote:
I could make make a sarcastic comment but there is nothing I can do to make you look sillier than you have done to yourself.
You can continue making yourself look silly by failing to comprehend what you read....

Quote:
You might as well have posted an Onion article in serious support of your cause. At least they have better joke writers.
Yeah, he made a tongue-in-cheek comment at the end... that makes it satire.

This proves my point about reading comprehension. It doesn't matter if there is a tongue-in-cheek rude comment in the article, it still proves my claim.

Quote:
I'll let you get back to making a joke of your cause.
So, if I make a joke about liberals or neo-cons, their movements become jokes? Logic escapes you completely. Please post again and make yourself look sillier, I await it.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Retards acting in a retarded manner.

Enjoying the great outdoors with a bonfire, exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, enjoying a little bud, along with good conversation. Sounds like a good time.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Enjoying the great outdoors with a bonfire, exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, enjoying a little bud, along with good conversation. Sounds like a good time.
I hope to attend next year, it sounds like the best festival in the country.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I hope to attend next year, it sounds like the best festival in the country.

Though according to the neo-con prohibitionist types, if you smoke pot, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Nevermind, most who partake are quite peaceful people, and don't resort to violence unless as a last resort or in self defense.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Though according to the neo-con prohibitionist types, if you smoke pot, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Nevermind, most who partake are quite peaceful people, and don't resort to violence unless as a last resort or in self defense.
Yeah, and most of those people also drink alcohol. Then they say things like "drugs and alcohol" as if alcohol isn't one of the hardest drugs known to man.

By their logic, if you drink a beer, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Last edited by Xander_Crews; 07-03-2014 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-03-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and most of those people also drink alcohol. Then they say things like "durgs and alcohol" as if alcohol isn't one of the hardest drugs known to man.

By their logic, if you drink a beer, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

I'm not going to lie. I drink beer (not much for hard liquor), nevertheless, I can still exercise self-control. At any rate, gotta love the hypocrisy, guns, God, and beer (which I support all 3 BTW)... but weed???? Hell no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies