Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:34 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

A) He won reelection and his second term isn't up until the new President gets inaugurated in January 2017.

B) His critics do not have enough evidence against him to attempt an impeachment. If they did, they'd have done it by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You assume a great deal. You guys? He lied to get elected the first time. How could anyone believe what had to say the second time?
I agree about the GOP. They suck at picking electable candidates. I liked Romney's running mate a whole lot more than I did him, but that isn't saying much.
Speaking of running mates. Biden????? He is a drunken clown. What is really scary is that fool taking over if something happens to Obama.
How is Joe Biden a drunken clown ?

And how did President Obama lie to get elected the first or second time ?

Old 07-04-2014, 10:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
You assume a great deal. You guys? He lied to get elected the first time. How could anyone believe what had to say the second time?
I agree about the GOP. They suck at picking electable candidates. I liked Romney's running mate a whole lot more than I did him, but that isn't saying much.
Speaking of running mates. Biden????? He is a drunken clown. What is really scary is that fool taking over if something happens to Obama.
It didnt matter, we believed Romney even less

Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
What am I assuming by saying...you guys Are you saying you didn't vote for Romney? Pick a better candidate next time and stop blaming those who voted for Obama. They didn't like Romney so time to get over it. And Biden is a good guy who is extremely smart and caring. A drunken clown....really? You don't even know him. He has his gaffes just like Palin lol

Old 07-04-2014, 10:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Why is Barack Obama Still President ?

According to a recent poll, Obama is the worse President we have had since WWI. Look at the comments attached to any story online about Obama and the remarks posted imply that most of America do not approve of Obama and want to see him removed from office. The people who approve and support Obama seem to be in the minority.

Yet, nothing is ever done to remove Obama from office. The Senate and House has done nothing. Can they do this ? Should they do this ?

Is Obama really that bad of a president ? Personally, I don't like the guy, and wish he would remove himself from office and let someone else be president. I think he is putting his own ideals ahead of what is good for America, I think he does not care about the middle class, and I don't think he cares about the constitution and what it stands for.

I am a Vietnam Veteran. My family has been in America since the early 1800's (as far as we can tell). This is not the America I went to war for in Vietnam. The 1% is getting bigger, the middle class is getting smaller, health cost is going up, the country is being flooded with uneducated, unskilled people from other countries, and our Southern border is largely unsecure. Our Southern border has been open for decades, yet nothing has been done to stop the illegals from coming onto American soil. It can be done, but has not.
ok so what has he done that is an impeachable offense? and if he is impeached, will the senate convict him? and if the senate convicts him, will they toss him from office? the answers are, nothing, no, and no. so until obama commits an impeachable offense, he will stay in office as i dont think there are any other legal methods to remove him from office. there are illegal methods though, but i wont suggest any of those.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:49 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Well for one he was re-elected. He had enough gullible fools to buy into his BS.
For another GOP's best was a flat tire with the personality of wet cardboard.
Fox and talk radio are working hard to make the gullible fool votes Republican in 2016.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:56 PM

384 posts, read 349,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are part of the 47% who would have voted for santa anyway and santa left you a lump coal
Recruiting? You guys sure do work hard to keep your 47% stable. Fortunately, most people will not join you and the 47% just because you waved Santa around.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:03 PM

183 posts, read 192,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The President of the United States serves a four year term beginning on January 20th (since FDR, previously, it began on March 4th) and ending exactly four years later on January 20th. After winning the majority of the electoral votes in the 2012 election, Obama was sworn in for his second four-year term on January 20th, 2013 and will leave office on January 20th, 2017.
Did Nixon serve his full term ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'd substitute uneducated for adorable, but otherwise, I agree with your post.
Sweet, I am uneducated and adorable at the same time. I suppose these comments might be view as a personal attack - which is not allowed in this forum, but I like the adorable part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I suppose because a majority in this nation voted for him. I'd have sooner voted for a Frisbee. But that's just me. Obviously others see things differently than I do. At this point, I don't think it much matters who is president anyway. We're speeding down a road and we won't be getting off it anytime soon.
So, in other words, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
They could probably vote to impeach him in the house but with a democrat controlled senate it just ain't gonna happen.

The only reason Obama was re-elected is because so many conservatives decided to stay home instead of vote for Romney.
Bingo !!!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:03 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Why is Barack Obama Still President ?
Because the clowns in the GOP couldn't pick anyone near as good.

Next question?

Quote:
According to a recent poll, Obama is the worse President we have had since WWI. Look at the comments attached to any story online about Obama and the remarks posted imply that most of America do not approve of Obama and want to see him removed from office. The people who approve and support Obama seem to be in the minority.

Yet, nothing is ever done to remove Obama from office. The Senate and House has done nothing. Can they do this ? Should they do this ?
In all honesty, the simple fact is that when it comes to warmongering, lawbreaking, and the like, Obama isn't even as bad as his immediate predecessor, much less the worst since WW2 or whatever that idiotic poll was about. And if anything, he's more committed to US ideals than his competitors (eg. Mitch McConnell, who likes to whine about how we try criminals in court rather than tossing them into GITMO).

And that's really all there is to it.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
OP, The next POTUS is going to be Hillary Clinton. Can you not wait another 18 months for her to start her term? The reason is simple: The GOP is doing nothing to penetrate the Blue Wall, and it provides the Dems a 90%+ start towards 270.

Now add to that, while I have seen a lot of decisions in recent years I disagree with, I've seen nothing remotely reaching impeachable levels, as it should be viewed in (not as a political weapon, but meant for serious, criminal or treasonous actions. No, Repub radicals, differences of opinion are not the "same" thing). I was delighted Nixon resigned, as while I viewed his actions as impeachable, not putting the nation through that was the right thing to do. In my lifetime, I have never seen another POTUS come close to impeachment that was not strictly politically driven. Politically driven impeachment should result in those seeking it being deported with their citizenship lost. I hope to never see it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies