Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 05:44 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_loper View Post
I'm sure there's plenty of progressive minded people who dislike him for legitimate reasons, like myself. That in no way makes a case for the nut jobs in the tea party or ultra-right wing republicans. He still remains the least-worst option.
If Obama is the least worse option, this country is serious trouble. Really serious trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 06:52 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
All that and you couldn't offer a better choice...odd and funny at the same time
There was a better choice offered, but people were too dense to realize it.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What am I assuming by saying...you guys Are you saying you didn't vote for Romney? Pick a better candidate next time and stop blaming those who voted for Obama. They didn't like Romney so time to get over it. And Biden is a good guy who is extremely smart and caring. A drunken clown....really? You don't even know him. He has his gaffes just like Palin lol
Why don't YOU pick a better candidate next time? And hold the one you voted for accountable for a change?

I know why. You're a liberal and hence never responsible for anything you do. It's always someone else's fault.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is nothing to be proud of if he had LIE, demonize and use the IRS to win. Nothing achieved here, just corruption.
Guess you guys should have picked a better candidate than Mittens. Also it would have helped if right wing groups didn't break the law and violate their nonprofit status.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are part of the 47% who would have voted for santa anyway and santa left you a lump coal
47% is the number Mittens got for the election. Maybe he shouldn't have been dumb enough to stick his foot in his mouth like that.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Guess you guys should have picked a better candidate than Mittens. Also it would have helped if right wing groups didn't break the law and violate their nonprofit status.
There isn't one person on earth that the Republicans could have picked as their candidate who you would have voted for. Whoever it was would have been smeared by the DNC propaganda machine, and you would have believed and parroted every lie and personal smear. All on your way to pulling the lever for Obama.

So stop with this nonsense about "you should have picked a better candidate." The blame for Obama's failed presidency lies squarely with you and all the other ill-informed hyperpartisan hacks who voted for an obviously terrible President the second time.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Why is Barack Obama Still President ?

According to a recent poll, Obama is the worse President we have had since WWI. Look at the comments attached to any story online about Obama and the remarks posted imply that most of America do not approve of Obama and want to see him removed from office. The people who approve and support Obama seem to be in the minority.

Yet, nothing is ever done to remove Obama from office. The Senate and House has done nothing. Can they do this ? Should they do this ?

Is Obama really that bad of a president ? Personally, I don't like the guy, and wish he would remove himself from office and let someone else be president. I think he is putting his own ideals ahead of what is good for America, I think he does not care about the middle class, and I don't think he cares about the constitution and what it stands for.

I am a Vietnam Veteran. My family has been in America since the early 1800's (as far as we can tell). This is not the America I went to war for in Vietnam. The 1% is getting bigger, the middle class is getting smaller, health cost is going up, the country is being flooded with uneducated, unskilled people from other countries, and our Southern border is largely unsecure. Our Southern border has been open for decades, yet nothing has been done to stop the illegals from coming onto American soil. It can be done, but has not.
Ah, yes - another "Obama ate my homework!" thread...

1) Yes, because public polls should really determine who's in office... based on that logic, no leaders would survive their first few years. You do realize that polls also reveal that about 1 in 4 Americans thinks the sun goes around the Earth, many don't believe in science or evolution, and so on. What makes you believe that unscientific random polls should be used to determine who gets to stay in office vs. actual elections?

2) Also, if you really are a Veteran, I find it depressing that you feel eager to circumvent the laws you sworn to uphold when you joined the armed forces just because "Whaaa! I don't like Obama!" I assume you'll have no problem using the same polls vs. actual voting to remove your dear right-wing leader should he ever be elected, right?

3) You also realize that the president doesn't write the laws, correct? If you don't like the laws, start voting out the idiots in Congress - they write them, the president doesn't.

4) Finally, I assume you understand that everything you're complaining about - most of which are valid complaints - has existed for many years prior to Obama, and has continued even under complete Republican control of ALL branches of government, right? Good ol' Bush didn't do anything about the illegals or the lost jobs - heck, he lost more jobs on his watch than any president since the Great Depression. Now, don't get me wrong - Obama is just another sad leader in a long line of them - but I am damn tired of the people with selective memory failure around here... The ones who can't seem to remember anything before January 2009 except that America was somehow "better," but all the details are fuzzy because the facts don't support any of them.

We need a forum dedicated to "Obama ate my homework!" It can be free of facts and history and be full of rants like this one...

Old 07-05-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Great question.

A) He's loved by the msm....no one will touch any of his scandals.

B) It's Bush's fault and you're a racist!

Watergate....break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C., and the Nixon administration's attempted cover-up of its involvement.....Nixon forced to resign due to extraordinary badgering by two journalists.

Compared to...

A) The VA
B) Benghazi
C) The IRS targeting opposition groups and individuals.
D) Refusal to prosecute illegals
E) Refusal to properly enforce border laws.
F) Constant race baiting
G) Picking and choosing which parts of obamacare to implement for political reasons.
H) Poor decision making on Iraq and Afghanistan
Yet MSM wants to talk about nothing but made up scandals and you guys just eat it up.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
There isn't one person on earth that the Republicans could have picked as their candidate who you would have voted for. Whoever it was would have been smeared by the DNC propaganda machine, and you would have believed and parroted every lie and personal smear. All on your way to pulling the lever for Obama.

So stop with this nonsense about "you should have picked a better candidate." The blame for Obama's failed presidency lies squarely with you and all the other ill-informed hyperpartisan hacks who voted for an obviously terrible President the second time.
It isn't about who I voted for, it was about getting the people who were undecided or decided not to vote to vote for Mittens. Those people felt like he was a bad choice and you guys lost.

I am sure you wouldn't have voted for a Democrat either so we aren't the people to talk about when it comes to getting a candidate a win.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:28 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
A) He won reelection and his second term isn't up until the new President gets inaugurated in January 2017.

B) His critics do not have enough evidence against him to attempt an impeachment. If they did, they'd have done it by now.
Hey, wake up in california did you see this? Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 700 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies