Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilF87 View Post
Never cared.
So why did you write on this board? That doesn't make sense!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
the original testimony included things like it turns people into homicidal rapist maniacs. It's worse then heroine and cocain combined. It makes white women to seek sexual relations with Negros. And a bunch of other obsurd and racist lines. Look it up.
And communism was a big scare then too, so they included communism into it.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Weed should be legalized since it infers that 50% of the country are criminals at this point.

This encourages a culture where the laws aren't laws, but are really just loose guidelines. I basically have no respect for the laws at this point since I was raised in an age where laws exist, but 50% of the people break them constantly.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
That's like acid too, same sort of mindset. My friend has a tattoo of a beet on her ankle. She was tripping, heard a noise like a "plop" & looked down on the ground & saw her tattoo. She was totally upset that her tattoo "fell off" & one of her friends finally pretended to scoop it up & pat it back onto her ankle.
Salvia is to hallucinogenics what Michelob Ultra is to beer... Salvia does not invoke any lasting revolutionary thinking nor does it remotely give any comfortable body feeling, its garbage. It's does a great discredit to hallucinogenics.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:36 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
I have a question for you guys who smoke pot.....

What advice would you give to a parent who has caught their 17 year old son with pot (also buds) and now ADHD meds? I certainly see that there are (a lot) of people who smoke pot now and again with no lasting damage....but then, how can you tell who will become the addict? Or the alcoholic when it concerns booze?
At anyrate, one of brothers is 49 year old addict...and yes, his addiction did start with pot and pot is still a major draw for him. Naturally enough, my knee jerk reaction is 'NO!!', but again, like someone who has grown up with an alcoholic, my perception on drugs may be a bit different then yours.

Anyways, tia!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Salvia is to hallucinogenics what Michelob Ultra is to beer... Salvia does not invoke any lasting revolutionary thinking nor does it remotely give any comfortable body feeling, its garbage. It's does a great discredit to hallucinogenics.

Yeah. Tell that to my friends... I've been involved with people smoking Salvia and it HAS made a lasting impact on most of the people who try it. I have a couple of friends who enjoy doing Salvia every once in a while because they like it, and it gives them insight to things they might not have realized were there.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah. Tell that to my friends... I've been involved with people smoking Salvia and it HAS made a lasting impact on most of the people who try it. I have a couple of friends who enjoy doing Salvia every once in a while because they like it, and it gives them insight to things they might not have realized were there.
I got news for you... its a dull drug for amateurs, anyone who thinks salvia is the best thing ever to happen... they have seen nothing.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I got news for you... its a dull drug for amateurs, anyone who thinks salvia is the best thing ever to happen... they have seen nothing.
I never said it was 'the best thing ever'. These friends like Salvia because it doesn't involve the time constraint that doing other hallucinagenics does. Acid...hours. Shrooms...hours. Even X takes hours. My boyfriend took shrooms and about 2 hours into it wanted it to stop but he had to ride it out. Salvia is a temp. that is good when you don't have an entire day to devote to doing drugs.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Salvia sucks, IMO...but of course, they can try to ban it and create yet more business for organized crime.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
If you're lazy, smoking weed will make you okay with being lazy, true. But those people would be working at Gamestop, Starbucks or the record store anyway, so all it does is make them enjoy life more. If you're someone like me who has an incredibly active mind and a motor that never stops, weed can help settle you down and make you more focused, which is what it does for me.

Just like caffiene can make some people workhorses and others into jittery figiters, weed reacts differently with different people.

The people I know who are daily pot smokers are actually all quite successful.
One graduated from Yale and works for Google
One has a master's degree and runs a public library
One is a 27 year old tenured scientist with a pharmaceutical company that does 3 billion in revenue a year
One is the youngest manager of a department at the largest private Broker/Dealer in the country
One is the curator of a major museum
One is an attorney with over 25 years of experience
And one is a Registered Investment Advisor at age 27.
That's not a bad list. If I had a child and he ended up like any of the people above, I'd be ecstatic.

I also know people who are not pot smokers who are unemployed, who work dead-end jobs, who live with their parents in their late 20s.

So you see, Pot has NOTHING to do with how successful someone is, it's all about that internal mechanism that controls motivation, and that is clearly (based on the list) something that is unrelated to pot usage.

Pot also helps me control my temper, and I know this is a common usage for it. You get angry, pot calms you down. How is that a bad thing? I've spent about 3 weeks in Amsterdam, and I've seen three fights break out. Every one was at a bar that did not allow pot smoking. Not one fight broke out at a single coffeeshop, and I visited basically every one of them in the city limits and in many cities outside of Amsterdam within the Netherlands.
It all depends on the person. Not only with smoking but with all drugs. It's not the drug that makes someone lazy or a burden to society. Its the personality of the person. All the alledged detrimental effects of smoking pot can be explained by depression or other problems that would actually lead to drug use. Therefor drugs use is the effect not the cause. People like you make it even more evident. People who blame drugs for their problems are just taking an easy cop out for them. personally Im 20 years old and have tried every major drug besides meth and heroine, and the only drug I've ever liked enough to use regulary is pot. All it is is a big fluffy pillow for the mind. I smoke daily, and I live on my own, and will be paying myself through college starting next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies