Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still support Obama
YES 40 28.57%
NO 100 71.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Yes, Clinton gutted the military. The troop numbers were cut waaaay down to start with and this started not long after his 1992 election. Maybe you should update your information.
How did he "gut" a military that routed the Taliban the same year that he left office?

Explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, your wrong, it isn't a deceipt
It is deceit. I'm not wrong.

Quote:
b/c they do this in Germany and it works...
Incorrect. Based on your long posting history advocating immoral, right-wing claptrap, it is easy to surmised that which you imply by "this" is not what they do in Germany. However, if you want to defend your comment by providing comprehensive specifics of what you claim would be a moral, progressive, national sales tax-based tax protocol, then please do go ahead. It will be very amusing picking apart what you post for its failure to live up to the either of the two standards.

Quote:
what I mean to say is, one straight tax across the board for everyone.
Yes, I know that is what you meant, as I indicated in what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
They are calling a regressive tax "progressive" - effectively lying - to try to foster unprincipled further expansion of economic injustice.

Last edited by bUU; 07-08-2014 at 10:35 AM..

Old 07-08-2014, 10:29 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I do, but by and large, he's been a disappointment. The best thing he has going for him is that he's not John McCain or Mitt Romney -- both of which would have been disasters. I really have no interest in going back into Iraq for another decade or two of war.
I agree with this poster.

I never thought he walked on water, I don"t agree with some of his polices, but he was the best choice, given the alternative.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Clinton gutted the same military that went into Afghanistan 10 months after he left office and routed the Taliban?

Seriously, you should stop discussing military matters.
You make it sound like routing the Taliban was a huge test of military might. Even crushing Iraq's military wasn't a question of might but superior logistics.
I agree, Clinton didn't gut the military. He downsized it. That isn't really a bad thing. What he failed to do was also downsize our role as world cop. His cuts resulted in cuts in training. Our under armored Humvees? Yeah Bush got the blame for that, but those Humvees used in Iraq and Afghanistan were ordered and built under Clinton. To be fair the Humvee was never meant to be used as an APC. They are still far more safe than the Jeep they replaced.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:32 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
The moron count is up to 32 as of now.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:33 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The moron count is up to 32 as of now.
Maybe they are like Obama himself and "hit the wrong button".

Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
In regards to Obama. How anyone isn't disappointed in him is an absolute mystery. He is a failed leader. No other words can describe his presidency other than failed. But then so is the congress and the Senate. Their hyper partisanship has done more to harm this nation than any enemy we face. The entire group is a disgrace.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:38 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
And by extension, all of us. Including you. They reflect us even if you cannot bring yourself to admit it.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
A progressive sales tax means one that taxes discretionary purchases, i.e., not food, clothing, shelter, basic transportation, etc. So far, no one has put forward a truly moral, progressive sales tax protocol. The people advocating for it are just trying to deceive themselves and everyone else about their true motivation - self-centered greed. They simply want to pay a smaller share of the costs of our society. When the light of truth is directed at their claptrap, the true intention is clear. They are calling a regressive tax "progressive" - effectively lying - to try to foster unprincipled further expansion of economic injustice. If anyone actually put forward a truly moral, progressive sales tax protocol, the right-wingers would have a collective aneurysm. They'd scream and shout and cry about how it "unfairly" punishes those who want to spend their money on luxuries and comfort, and "unfairly" benefits those who have a hard time even paying for the basic essentials of life - that is how perverted the right-wing's sense of morality is.
The only sales tax there should be is a financial transaction tax on Wall St. New York already has one in place, but it's so miniscule and it gets refunded anyway. Derivatives transactions should be taxed at least 1% per transaction. With millions of trades going on every second, that's millions, perhaps even billions, of dollars everyday being taxed that is missed by capital gains.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:51 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Hi
I was wondering if you still support Obama and if so why?

I'd like no party bashing, no snarky remarks, or fighting with each other,
just simple logical reasons why you still support him...
I didn't vote in your poll because I never did support him.

I vote in a non-competitive state and voted 3rd party in '08 and '12. If in '08 I was forced at gunpoint to vote for Obama or McCain, I'd have gone with Obama because I felt that McCain was and is somewhat mentally unhinged. In '12, at gunpoint, I'd have voted Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies