Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that most of the Tea Party types would have a huge problem living in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego and most of the west. Can you imagine the outrage from the Tea Partiers when they kept seeing the Cheerios Girl at least once a day.
San Diego not at all. All the others, yes. Because of the politics, not race

The rest of the west? All of the west outside of major cities in california, oregon, and washington is for the most part far more conservative so that makes no sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
The rest of the west? All of the west outside of major cities in california, oregon, and washington is for the most part far more conservative so that makes no sense?

No they aren't. Washington and Oregon are quite liberal. Moreso leftist libertarian, but certainly not conservative.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times

Pretty sure this is enough to make the average Tea Partier-Republican-Conservative heads to explode..

Old 07-13-2014, 08:19 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Has anyone ever noticed that most of the Tea Party types would have a huge problem living in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego and most of the west. Can you imagine the outrage from the Tea Partiers when they kept seeing the Cheerios Girl at least once a day.
I live in California. I've had no problems living here. But to not notice that there is a heightened sense of race you would have to live under a rock. Statements like yours tend to highlight that very thing.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure this is enough to make the average Tea Partier-Republican-Conservative heads to explode..
WTH? Biracial children are nothing new.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I live in California. I've had no problems living here. But to not notice that there is a heightened sense of race you would have to live under a rock. Statements like yours tend to highlight that very thing.
The only heightened sense of race is by reactionary conservatives that are upset minorities have political power now.

The cheerios girl families are everywhere here in New York. I love living in my liberal state, thanks!

Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
Race as described by 1angrytaxpayer is rampant in this country. While I was trucking most of the ILLEGALS I knew were white and came from eastern Europe, yet most of the venom that I hear from the crazy's are against people that have been in this country for 5 and 6 generations~ far longer than most whites have been here. I've even had people scream at my children, born in California of an American-Philipina mother being accused of being a *******, when the closest any of them has gotten to the Mexican border is my Navy son stationed in Ft. Worth, Texas. Seems that illegals are defined as being a certain shade than where they were born.
A former long time boss of mine was married to a woman of Mexican decent. He told his parents in the 80's that she was Italian. His wife went along with this to keep the peace. Parents still did not like her because she was Catholic.

Still blows me away when I think about this.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
There is no heightened sense of race unless you went in to the local Costco or down to the local park and noticed how many inter-racial couples and kids there were and were totally outraged. A whole lot of the people who didnt like what they saw moved to eastern Oregon, Washington, Idaho Pan Handle and Sierra Foothills.. Thats where the Tea Party lives.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:24 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

No they aren't. Washington and Oregon are quite liberal. Moreso leftist libertarian, but certainly not conservative.
United States presidential election in Oregon, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Washington Presidential Election Results - Presidential Race | NBC News

Outside of Portland and Seattle the rest of the state is probably leaning moderately towards the right

Old 07-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The only heightened sense of race is by reactionary conservatives that are upset minorities have political power now.

The cheerios girl families are everywhere here in New York. I love living in my liberal state, thanks!
OpinYunated, Biracial children are pretty much everywhere and no one thinks too much about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies