Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:57 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Lets say you are a Tea Partier-Militia member in Texas, Arizona, or California and the Russkies sell you a Buk missile system. Would you be outraged if the gubbermint seized your missiles? Shouldnt they be covered by the 2nd Amendment. Wouldnt you be outraged and the seizure of your missiles?
I've come to the conclusion that your obsession with this Tea Party thing is due to your being a closet Tea Party member.

Did you read the 2nd Amendment? Which part of "to bear arms" do you not understand?

There is a distinct difference between personal weapons and crew-served weapons or weapons platforms.

It doesn't appear that you are capable of grasping such simple concepts.

However, thanks for your Straw Man thread and we all wish you continued success in your new-found endeavor as a Tea Party member.

Outrageously...

Mircea

Old 07-20-2014, 11:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
No one is saying we do want nuclear weapons, you are just blabbing about nothing.

What is a militia but a group of individuals?

Your side brings nothing to table and is losing the information war, the culture war, and the youth, just leave this nation if you don't like the amount of freedom we have.
Talk to hammertime33, he's the one advocating for nuclear weapons in the hands of people like you.

Rights pertaining to a militia are not necessarily in all cases the same thing as rights pertaining to individuals.

If you look at actual poll information, you'll see that "the youth" is skeptical of backwards conservatives stuck in a xenophobic 1950s era world, and Republicans have a "young people" problem. And if everyone like me left this nation, you'd have a brain drain of educated, productive people. You need people like me to work high-skilled technical jobs in industries that are leading the nations economic growth and who pay taxes to support societal infrastructure and aging generations. And I pay a lot more than most people earn each year.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:07 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Talk to hammertime33, he's the one advocating for nuclear weapons in the hands of people like you.

Rights pertaining to a militia are not necessarily in all cases the same thing as rights pertaining to individuals.

If you look at actual poll information, you'll see that "the youth" is skeptical of backwards conservatives stuck in a xenophobic 1950s era world, and Republicans have a "young people" problem. And if everyone like me left this nation, you'd have a brain drain of educated, productive people. You need people like me to work high-skilled technical jobs in industries that are leading the nations economic growth and who pay taxes to support societal infrastructure and aging generations. And I pay a lot more than most people earn each year.

we are not talking about youth under 18. read the 2A as it is written and tell me where it says that government can make laws against anything at all concerning the people?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

You are aware the millennialsdon't trust either party and for good reason, but have seen progressive statism over the last 6 years and are rejecting it.

Pew Study: Majority of Millennials Oppose Gun Control

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...ss-gun-control

http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...ian-generation

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/03/11/new-s...t-gun-control/

Also wanting a secure border with a failed state and immigration system that benefit and not a determent is not "xenophobic" its common sense.

We are not "xenophobic" leftist like you are just Xenophily or xenophilia meaning an affection for unknown/foreign objects or peoples. Which is fine, move to them, do not bring their cultures, values, and problems here...

Trust me you are replaceable, and we could be free of your flawed world views. and you dont have to worry about us..We win twice...

Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Gee, the idiot questions about what the 2A concerns get to be more outrageous everyday.
Do you wanna know about my missile silo with an SM-65 Alas ICBM and 12 nuclear warheads? How about my B-1 bomber in my secret underground hangar? I no longer have my U-2 as I acquired an F-117 to take it's place. I didn't like the long hours at the stick.
The Howitzer is out in the old red barn near the Sherman tank and the flight line is covered with 4" of topsoil. The Harrier can clear that off quick enough.
The sub is in dry dock down in Norfolk having some PM done. I sold the copter to make room for something else. I'm trying to procure one of the MRAPs DHS is handing out to police depts around the country but Napolitano is tight with them. She gets my ammo for me, what's her problemo?
Nice deflection.
I think the OP's question is valid. I'd like to hear your answer.

Do you think an SA11 is constitutionally protected for private citizens under the second amendment?
Should shoulder fired Stingers missiles be available in your local gun store?
Or,...........Do you think that this particular weapon would fall under the "Reasonable Restriction" clause in the SCOTUS decision in Heller vs DC?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nice deflection.
I think the OP's question is valid. I'd like to hear your answer.

Do you think an SA11 is constitutionally protected for private citizens under the second amendment?
Should shoulder fired Stingers missiles be available in your local gun store?
Or,...........Do you think that this particular weapon would fall under the "Reasonable Restriction" clause in the SCOTUS decision in Heller vs DC?
How can we give a logical answer to a fallacy?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
How can we give a logical answer to a fallacy?
So you refuse to answer. And the question IS the elephant in the room. Do you believe the second amendment comes with reasonable restrictions or not?
Should Stinger, anti aircraft, shoulder fired missiles, with a range of 12,000 ft altitude, be sold at your local gun store?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:45 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,991 times
This whole thread is very entertaining. Thank you BK for all the stupid **** you post. The only reason I have not put you on Ignore is because I enjoy all the stupid **** you post all the time. Carry on. I always love a good laugh.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So you refuse to answer. And the question IS the elephant in the room. Do you believe the second amendment comes with reasonable restrictions or not?
Should Stinger, anti aircraft, shoulder fired missiles, with a range of 12,000 ft altitude, be sold at your local gun store?
No one could afford to buy them, do you have any idea how much that hardware would cost?

The cost alone would make it inaccessible to 98.9% of the population...And those wealthy enough to buy them would lose a get deal of wealth in any lawsuit that would come from their misuse.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:16 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
People who have rights, have rights.
People who do not have rights, need permission.
The question you have to answer : when did your rights transform into privileges, requiring permission?
Don't ask me - ask "your" public servants for an explanation why you need their permission.
Remember, they're "servants" not "masters."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies