Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 11:13 AM

792 posts, read 635,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's simply astonishing the sheer amount of energy yahoos spend obsessing about this....every post they make, fear about someone taking their guns. Imagine all that energy put towards something positive. But hey, they'll be able to defend themselves when Barrack's muslim army comes to take their guns.
Oh, you have no idea. I was trying to debate this guy in another thread, and he seriously believed that Obama would rather recruit al-Qaeda than use the military that obeys the Commander-in-Chief..

Old 07-21-2014, 11:23 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Interesting. Now where in the Constitution can I find the explanation of this distinct difference?

They're hypocrites. Plain and simple. Either you have the right to bear all arms or you don't. It completely destroys the whole second amendment... which is why relying on such an outdated, clueless amendment like the 2nd word for word is so flawed.
Funny you should mention that, I am probably the most pro second amendment guy I know. I feel chemical, biological, and nuclear are the only limitations. And thats only because I believe that the founding fathers did not have a clear understanding of them because technology has radically changed since then.

Personally I feel RPG's, crew served weapons, missile launchers, drones, tanks, etc should be allowed. And yes I recognize a LOT more of us would end up being killed by our fellow Americans, or through misadventure.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Funny you should mention that, I am probably the most pro second amendment guy I know. I feel chemical, biological, and nuclear are the only limitations. And thats only because I believe that the founding fathers did not have a clear understanding of them because technology has radically changed since then.

Personally I feel RPG's, crew served weapons, missile launchers, drones, tanks, etc should be allowed. And yes I recognize a LOT more of us would end up being killed by our fellow Americans, or through misadventure.
So, why would you let that happen? You know people are going to get killed; why do you approve?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
So, why would you let that happen? You know people are going to get killed; why do you approve?

The post you're quoting says so much about the infantile mentality of gun nuts.

The answer: Weapons give gun nuts the illusion of power and control over their own lives that they have no other means to obtain.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:38 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,434 times
Quote:
Well, why don't we let people own nuclear bombs then? Let's make Abrams tanks street legal; road rage would be non-existent!
I don't mind the tank per se, but the "street legal" part is a problem; they'd damage the roads.

However, if you want to tear up your own land tooling around in the thing, have fun.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I don't mind the tank per se, but the "street legal" part is a problem; they'd damage the roads.

However, if you want to tear up your own land tooling around in the thing, have fun.
Well, the 120mm cannon would likely be a problem.. Even if you "missed" your intended target and shot wide, it'd still hit and obliterate something. Although, it is mighty hard to miss a target with the aiming systems modern tanks have..

Old 07-21-2014, 11:49 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
I could own a Buk or a Polaris nuke and I would be less deadly than a Chicago thug with a .38.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I could own a Buk or a Polaris nuke and I would be less deadly than a Chicago thug with a .38.
Well, you likely wouldn't know how to properly maintain the nuke and leaking radiation would probably kill people too..

Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Because I believe that having such weapons protects us from our government, and would allow for a much reduced military spending as defense could be more easily handled by the people.

Some things are worth the risks associated with them.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:53 AM

29,538 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Quote:
The view in Miller that the Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms for certain military purposes, but does not curtail the Legislature’s power to regulate the nonmilitary use and ownership of weapons, is both the most natural reading of the Amendment’s text and the interpretation most faithful to the history of its adoption. The majority fails to identify any new evidence supporting the view that the Amendment was intended to limit the power of Congress to regulate civilian uses of weapons.
District of Columbia v. Heller – Case Brief Summary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies