Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
To hell with what they say, would they ever be honest with their intent? Do liars ever tell the truth?

The Cloward and Piven Strategy is in play if you can not see that it does not change the fact it still is in being implemented.
But you are further destroying your argument, You have no proof of what is in someone's heart and now you are arguing that you dont care.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:29 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But you are further destroying your argument, You have no proof of what is in someone's heart and now you are arguing that you dont care.
I dont have to know what is "in someones heart"..Their actions prove their intent....

Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times
Quote:
Really? That is your excuse? "others did it long ago so it OK for people to do it today"?

They came in and came legally, and those that could not make it, went home, we did not have welfare, or elected officials trying to import a voter block.

We need to stop being two-faced. The vast majority of Americans came from Ancestors who took this land by force and took advantage of open borders with no immigration laws via Ellis Island. All we did was process millions of immigrants. So please, don't lecture me.

We are deporting record numbers of people, #1.

The problem at hand today is really about kids escaping certain death. Would you feel safe keeping you kid in a country were 1 in 15 people are killed? Think about it.

This is a refugee and humanitarian issue. SIMPLE.

Then caring for people is being unpatriotic. Yeah, whatever.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
We need to stop being two-faced. The vast majority of Americans came from Ancestors who took this land by force and took advantage of open borders with no immigration laws via Ellis Island. All we did was process millions of immigrants. So please, don't lecture me.

We are deporting record numbers of people, #1.

The problem at hand today is really about kids escaping certain death. Would you feel safe keeping you kid in a country were 1 in 15 people are killed? Think about it.

This is a refugee and humanitarian issue. SIMPLE.
I am sorry your relativistic history is wrong..You try and compare the immigration of the 1800s adn early 1900s to today and that is just a non sequitur..

We are not "deporting" them in record numbers, they are just now adding in the number of apprehensions and counting them as deportations.

Yeah 90% of them are at least 16 or old, so stop with "they are kids" bit, it is not true.

And so because their nation sucks they have the right to break our laws?

And if that is the measure for coming here, why do Hispanics get a pass why not allow the poor of African, India, the Middle East and South Asia?

We are not taking about me and what I would do, but if this keeps up America will be just as poverty stricken, crime ridden, diseased, ruled by organised criminals and elected officials who are criminals..

If you want to sell out your future in the name of emotionalism, fine, move to these 3rd world nations, DO NOT MOVE THEM HERE.

No, it is elected officials using a crisis as a opportunity, nothing more.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I dont have to know what is "in someones heart"..Their actions prove their intent....
No it doesnt, if you are shooting at a robber and you accicently hit your wife who is being held at gun point, then your intent isnt to shoot your wife even though that is the end result.

If you cut taxes because you believe in ludwig von mises more than John Maynard Keynes and your country slips into a recession, your intention wasnt to cause a recession.

The worst part about this is the last time someone did try amnesty, it was a republican president and the world didnt end.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
No it doesnt, if you are shooting at a robber and you accicently hit your wife who is being held at gun point, then your intent isnt to shoot your wife even though that is the end result.

If you cut taxes because you believe in ludwig von mises more than John Maynard Keynes and your country slips into a recession, your intention wasnt to cause a recession.

The worst part about this is the last time someone did try amnesty, it was a republican president and the world didnt end.

If you cut taxes, you have to cut spending, which we did not do.

Reagan made the mistake that the dems could be trusted, they can never be(and Neo Cons are to never be trusted either)We gave 4,000,000 people citizenship and not a single dime was ever spent on border security..4,000,000 new entitlement voters and in less then 10 years California went blue permanently..

Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
If you cut taxes, you have to cut spending, which we did not do.

Reagan made the mistake that the dems could be trusted, they can never be(and Neo Cons are to never be trusted either)We gave 4,000,000 people citizenship and not a single dime was ever spent on border security..4,000,000 new entitlement voters and in less then 10 years California went blue permanently..
Nope, he just believed in amnesty, simple as that, your great messiah wasnt so great by your own standards.

And i wasnt arguing what "we did", my scenarios were all hypotheticals. My point is still the same. They didnt mean to lose revenue, but it happened anyways.

The word deliberately implies intent.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times
Quote:
I am sorry your relativistic history is wrong..You try and compare the immigration of the 1800s adn early 1900s to today and that is just a non sequitur..

We are not "deporting" them in record numbers, they are just now adding in the number of apprehensions and counting them as deportations.

Yeah 90% of them are at least 16 or old, so stop with "they are kids" bit, it is not true.

And so because their nation sucks they have the right to break our laws?

And if that is the measure for coming here, why do Hispanics get a pass why not allow the poor of African, India, the Middle East and South Asia?

We are not taking about me and what I would do, but if this keeps up America will be just as poverty stricken, crime ridden, diseased, ruled by organised criminals and elected officials who are criminals..

If you want to sell out your future in the name of emotionalism, fine, move to these 3rd world nations, DO NOT MOVE THEM HERE.

No, it is elected officials using a crisis as a opportunity, nothing more.

OMG. You really need to chill out.

Their nation sucks because we buy drugs and fuel the violence in their countries. Sad but true.

I know some of us don't want to be held accountable for what's happening "over there in that 3rd world country", but it's true. We are the ROOT of the problem. Sucks, doesn't it?

You sound like the xenophobes of years past. You would've have fit in well with your views with the xenophobes in the late 19 century in places like NYC and Boston.

These people will only add to the economy. More tax payers. More people buying things that our economy lives off. You know we are a capitalist country, right?

Why would these people be stuck in poverty in a great nation like ours where the opportunities are endless. We have the best schools and universities in the world. Tons of immigrants are business owners themselves...they create jobs. I don't get your whole paranoia.

If people are given the chance and opportunity to succeed, they will. Remember..that's why they left their homelands!!! To SUCCEED. Once they can work, pay taxes, send their children to good schools...our country will only benefit.

So PLEASE with your xenophobe sob stories and rants. Thanks.

The simple task for a decent human being is to help others in need if they can. And we can help.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Nope, he just believed in amnesty, simple as that, your great messiah wasnt so great by your own standards.

And i wasnt arguing what "we did", my scenarios were all hypotheticals. My point is still the same. They didnt mean to lose revenue, but it happened anyways.

The word deliberately implies intent.
No, he believed if he signed the Simpson-Mazzoli Act he dems would uphold their end of the deal to secure the border and approve funding for a fence..That never happened..

Reagan was and is not Messiah to our side he was at best a moderate, and at worst a Neo Con.

The dems deliberately did not not up hold their side of the deal, that was their intent to add millions of new entitlement voters to their ranks..

Old 07-25-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
No, he believed if he signed the Simpson-Mazzoli Act he dems would uphold their end of the deal to secure the border and approve funding for a fence..That never happened..

Reagan was and is not Messiah to our side he was at best a moderate, and at worst a Neo Con.

The dems deliberately did not not up hold their side of the deal, that was their intent to add millions of new entitlement voters to their ranks..
There was no provision to build a fence in that law, You are arguing revisionist history to blame dems and it isnt going to work.

Also you are indeed a xenophobe trying to label anyone who is illegal as a entitlement voter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies