Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:02 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,855 times

Advertisements

"Turkey, a fierce opponent of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and an open supporter of armed rebel fighters, felt betrayed when the United States backed away from military action against Damascus in September."
Shut up republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Imagine how Angela Merkel feels.
Don't know, maybe you should ask one of her Spies in Washington.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have to LOL. All of the EU is holding back from harsh sanctions against Russia.
The US is pressuring them all but they trade with Russia. The US is not going to win this one.

France is going ahead with their deal with Russia to build warships for them.

Like it or not the US is slowly losing their power.
So maybe the US should pull back and out of Europe completely and let them deal with Putin, hope everyone has learned to speak Russian, they will need to in Putins USSR II.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:32 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So maybe the US should pull back and out of Europe completely and let them deal with Putin, hope everyone has learned to speak Russian, they will need to in Putins USSR II.
As much as you probably would love a USSR II, it is not going to happen. Look at how much the EU spends on their millitary and look at how much Russia spends on their millitary. You people on the left confuse pragmatic economic relationships with 'Europe speaking Russian'.
In a multipolar world it's very much in Europes interests to stagnate/decrease the dependency with the United States and increase political and economic relationships with Russia, China and India.
Europe is not going to harm their economy because the US says so. Why would Europe act agains their best interests? Because the United States says so?
We do not live in 1949. The United States global influence has decreased significantly since January 20, 2009.

Last edited by itsjustmeagain; 07-22-2014 at 10:40 AM..

Old 07-22-2014, 10:54 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
LOL, Let me talk to the 2nd biggest dolt.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The EU does trade with Russia; they have for a number of years.

The US wants to restart the cold war and countries aren't falling in lock step.

Like I said..the US is losing power. Telling other countries what to do isn't working anymore.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The EU does trade with Russia; they have for a number of years.

The US wants to restart the cold war and countries aren't falling in lock step.

Like I said..the US is losing power. Telling other countries what to do isn't working anymore.
I know that, jeeez if I needed a history lesson I would ask. Pssst, it is Putin that wants to rebuild the USSR, strange to see Cons taking the side of the Russians over the US, the world has become a very strange place to live in these days. Oh and I said if they do not want to stand up to Putin, then leave them to their fate and get out, Putin would have the entire continent within a year under his thumb, I am sure it work out really well for the Europeans.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
As much as you probably would love a USSR II, it is not going to happen. Look at how much the EU spends on their millitary and look at how much Russia spends on their millitary. You people on the left confuse pragmatic economic relationships with 'Europe speaking Russian'.
In a multipolar world it's very much in Europes interests to stagnate/decrease the dependency with the United States and increase political and economic relationships with Russia, China and India.
Europe is not going to harm their economy because the US says so. Why would Europe act agains their best interests? Because the United States says so?
We do not live in 1949. The United States global influence has decreased significantly since January 20, 2009.
Wow, thanks for proving that you know apsolutely Nothing about what I want or do not want done or what I believe is in the best interests of the US or the EU. Why, oh I don't know maybe when Russian tanks are driving in Paris you and they will figure out why they need to take a stand at some point, sell ones soul for a few barrels of oil, smart move. As I said, if they want to stand by as Putin does his thing that is their choice and we should leave and let them enjoy what comes next, I am sure it will work out just fine, they can trust Putin ...................

Old 07-22-2014, 12:06 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Sounds like the Turkish PM needs to grow up. Talking to people you don't like, surely comes with the territory when you're the leader of a country.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:24 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Name an ally that O hasn't offended at the least, or totally alienated.

It's not an accident.

It will take decades to repair the damage the Destructo in Chief has caused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies