Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Sounds like the Turkish PM needs to grow up. Talking to people you don't like, surely comes with the territory when you're the leader of a country.
That could be one point. Another could be to stop telling world leaders one thing and then doing the opposite as it upsets them.

So you are also saying when Obama avoided certain media and certain formats to avoid real talk and questions he needs to grow up and be a leader?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 02:25 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,814,620 times
Maybe Biden's got more going on than we realize - will he talk to Hillary?

Old 07-22-2014, 02:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Thumbs up Gobama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I no longer talk to Obama: Turkey's Erdogan

Obama seems to be making our standing in the world worse. It seems that he believes that Obama tells him one thing then does another. He sounds like a US voter - HA!

From your link:

Turkey, a fierce opponent of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and an open supporter of armed rebel fighters, felt betrayed when the United States backed away from military action against Damascus in September.

If Erdogan is so committed to the rebel cause, he should use Turkey's considerable military might instead of sitting back and wanting someone else to fight his battles for him.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:38 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
When you go back through History you see most Presidents have at least one or two other world leaders at the time which they maintained close relations and counsel.

This POS not so much.
There fixed it for you 😄

Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Using your "logic", people, including democrats that say we were better off with Saddam then if we went in are supporting and approving of gassing Kurds and all of the other Saddam atrocities?

Or is it possible to say that Obama shouldn't be ticking off world leaders of allied countries by saying one thing and doing another without supporting that world leader's actions?
Sorry--but I fail to see anything logical at all with that analogy. Just because a dictator exists does not mean the US must invade. Should we invade Cuba also, and if not, are you supporting Castro?

Your point was that we should be upset because some Islamist dictator posing as a secular, democratic leader won't talk to Obama? My point is--who cares? Let him talk to Biden.

If Cameron stops talking to Obama I'll be concerned, but not some pro-Islamist who compares Israel to Hitler because he wants us to support the Palestinians.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
He should at least talk to Obama for intel that whatever Odummy says, he will do the opposite.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have to LOL. All of the EU is holding back from harsh sanctions against Russia.
The US is pressuring them all but they trade with Russia. The US is not going to win this one.

France is going ahead with their deal with Russia to build warships for them.

Like it or not the US is slowly losing their power.
Personally--I like it--we should get out of the world policing business.

We should not be isolationists, but being 'powerful' and imperialistic is not that important to many of us.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I wonder how many other world leaders feel the same way?

Something tells me the Turkey PM is not the only one....

Barack Obama was truly the wrong president at the wrong time.
I hope all of them feel the same way.

I'm really beginning to like Obama again. P*ss off more "allies," PLEASE!

Screw Turkey. And I hope they kick us out and demand that we close our bases there.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:40 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
If Joe Biden is your best option, then you have real problems. maybe he should also speak with Harry "Dementia" Reid.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:42 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Interesting that right wing extremists respect so very much the words of a pro-Islamist dictator in favor of spreading Sharia law. You guys really ought to make up your minds who you support. Oh wait--I get it--anyone that goes negative on Obama. Sometimes Putin is a "statesman" and now Erdogan--who is pissed off that the US is supporting Israel and not the Palestinians?

Turkish PM Erdogan says Israel 'surpasses Hitler in barbarism' | Reuters

Erdogan dreams of full sharia law in Turkey

Is Turkish Democracy at a Dead End?*|*Arzu Kaya Uranli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry--but I fail to see anything logical at all with that analogy. Just because a dictator exists does not mean the US must invade. Should we invade Cuba also, and if not, are you supporting Castro?

Your point was that we should be upset because some Islamist dictator posing as a secular, democratic leader won't talk to Obama? My point is--who cares? Let him talk to Biden.

If Cameron stops talking to Obama I'll be concerned, but not some pro-Islamist who compares Israel to Hitler because he wants us to support the Palestinians.
You used poor logic.

Saying that Obama shouldn't use duplicitous talk to other world leaders that upsets allies is not "support" for that other leader. Nor is it endorsing the extreme positions in your link. Just like opposing the Iraq War was not necessarily an endorsement of support or respect for Saddam and his extreme actions.

It is merely saying that Obama promised to correct our world standing, Turkey is an important ally in that region and ticking off their leader with duplicitous talk is not wise and not correcting our world standing.

It is not just the leader of Turkey that is upset with a disingenuous Obama.

One can want our president to be genuine and not tick off leaders of allied countries without endorsing or supporting the integrity of other leaders. If you can't see this you are either blinded by affection from Obama or you need to learn better thinking skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies